Seahawks offense gets a negative grade from PFF vs Arizona

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
@hawkblogger
Seahawks Offense gets a cumulative -5.4 grade from PFF on Sunday. Cardinals Defense gets a +6.4. Seahawks scored 36 points. Punted twice.

So the Seahawks had a negative game on offense. Cardinals a positive game on defense. According to PFF.

This is right up there with the negative grade they gave Aaron Rodgers for a 5-touchdown performance in a win against Kansas City earlier this season.

PFF is a totally ridiculous, pointless mess. A waste of time.

chawx

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":hvqeto0u said:
@hawkblogger
Seahawks Offense gets a cumulative -5.4 grade from PFF on Sunday. Cardinals Defense gets a +6.4. Seahawks scored 36 points. Punted twice.

So the Seahawks had a negative game on offense. Cardinals a positive game on defense. According to PFF.

This is right up there with the negative grade they gave Aaron Rodgers for a 5-touchdown performance in a win against Kansas City earlier this season.

If that performance was a negative, I don't want to be positive.

Anthony!

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":176si1ph said:
@hawkblogger

that is because it is subjective, someone watches the tape and determines how important they felt a particular play was and who had what impact. In other words the eye test on steroids and as such a complete joke

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Apparently the big negative came because 125 of 145 rushing yards came after contact.

So basically if you're an offensive lineman in the NFL -- you better be opening up clean lanes in the run game otherwise you're going to get hammered by PFF.

145 yards on the road and the run blocking gets a massive negative grade. Laughable.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Yeah, lol. NBD, just pasted a top D on the road to the tune of 36 points. :eek:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shows they like to make up shit as they go along, and they let their biases effect their "stats".

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":bsbx5r95 said:
Wilson was given a +0.5 just in case anyone was wondering

Absolutely staggering.

He had three incompletions at the time he threw his third touchdown.

What a totally flawed process, overthinking the game and providing contrarian analysis seemingly for the sake of it.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Clickity click click. People on my site, making froggy backs. All about the money's guys. I know you all know this already but it's clearly written to make people say exactly what we are all saying, WTF.?!

Hawks46

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2sw8w6t9 said:
Apparently the big negative came because 125 of 145 rushing yards came after contact.

So basically if you're an offensive lineman in the NFL -- you better be opening up clean lanes in the run game otherwise you're going to get hammered by PFF.

145 yards on the road and the run blocking gets a massive negative grade. Laughable.

No kidding. You not only have to take out the DLman in front of you, but take out a LBer and possibly a safety before you get a good grade.

I know that DVOA is better for a defense when it's negative. Does that hold true for PFF grades ? If not, then it really is a joke. Once in a while it's good for reference but it's starting to look really flawed.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I got into it one day on Twitter with Sam Monson from PFF after they graded Wilson outside of the Top 5 during his 5 TD game against Pittsburgh. Their grading system is a joke. They mark down players for "easy throws" because the defense should have performed something better. It's entirely objective with no basis on anything. They try so hard to implement a sabrmetrics like tracker for the NFL, when football is just not that type of sport and never really has been.

Not to mention they do all their grading off of rewatching the TV broadcast. They never take into account an All-22. Just.. absolutely stupid. PFF is the worst.

themunn

Reaction score
For what it's worth, while I think PFF and DVOA is a pile of crap, special teams and turnovers put us in great field position yesterday, so our offense didn't really get the chance to shine.

We had 3 field goals come from "drives" of less than 10 yards in total, 2 touchdowns which started on the Arizona 8 and Arizona 27, and our opening touchdown was mostly as a result of one field-flipping Christine Michael run (which should be graded positively yes, but perhaps not as positively as a drive with 10 5 yard runs!).

I don't agree they should have a negative "grade", mind, but I can certainly get on board with somebody suggesting it was one of the "poorer" (relative to the other great games) performances of the last 7 weeks.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
themunn":zfp2b9hy said:
For what it's worth, while I think PFF and DVOA is a pile of crap, special teams and turnovers put us in great field position yesterday, so our offense didn't really get the chance to shine.

We had 3 field goals come from "drives" of less than 10 yards in total, 2 touchdowns which started on the Arizona 8 and Arizona 27, and our opening touchdown was mostly as a result of one field-flipping Christine Michael run (which should be graded positively yes, but perhaps not as positively as a drive with 10 5 yard runs!).

I don't agree they should have a negative "grade", mind, but I can certainly get on board with somebody suggesting it was one of the "poorer" (relative to the other great games) performances of the last 7 weeks.

A brilliant performance that was less brilliant than other even more brilliant performances still isn't a 'poor' performance.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Can anybody say what kind of grade we got for the Loss to the Rams?

I refuse to click on their stuff but I'd be curious to know.
Would be hilarious if we got a higher grade from a loss.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Unreal. Add to the mounting evidence that PFF is horsepoop.

We should probably have a stickied thread: "Why PFF is worthless as a performance evaluation tool."