Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Cardinals)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MAX PROTECT! MAX PROTECT!

Imagine the film study room for the Cardinals defense this week. Reviewing the complete breakdown of our offensive line by the Rams talented front. They must be licking their chops, and do you blame them? The Cardinals will not be resting their players because the #1 seed is still on the line. The Seahawks won't be resting their starters because that goes against Pete Carroll's mainstay mantra: Always Compete.

It should be a fun game to watch, and weather won't be any excuse. While I don't think the loss to the Rams regressed us back to the first month of the season, I do think it shows that the growth we thought the OL had taken over the past month may have had more to do with the class of competition instead of strides of player improvement.

I think the game will be close and highly competitive. In the end, I just don't think the Seahawks have what it takes to beat what could possibly be the NFL's best team right now.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - Cardinals 28

Aros' Fearless Record: 10-5

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't think Week 17 speaks to the possible matchup in January .. but just the way the Cardinals are humming right now and them having a chance to secure HFA with help from Tampa.. I can't see us coming out of Glendale with a win.

Cardinals 31
Seahawks 27

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Pete Carroll and the Seahawk players were not pleased with their performance this past Sunday … so I expect them to look to take it to the Cardinals in this game. In the words of Pete Carroll, I’d look for Seattle to “get back on schedule” against the Cardinals with a possible 5th Seed on the line. Not only that, I think that the coaches and the players see this as a chance to not only redeem themselves for last week … but also as a chance to get back at the Cardinals for their loss at home in Week 10 and reclaim their King of the Mountain status – to remind everyone out there that they are the defending NFC Champions and the team to beat in the NFC West. I just don't believe the Hawks want to go in to a possible NFC Championship matchup against these Cardinals 4 weeks from now having lost twice in row to them.

They say that the team who usually wins these kinds of games is the one who wants it more. While the Cardinals have a shot at the #1 Seed and so will be looking to play to win … I honestly think that the Hawks players will ultimately want this one more. Conventional wisdom says you rest players in this kind of a game ... but I just don't see Pete Carroll as being wired that way. Say what you want about this being a meaningless game -- I see them wanting to make a bit of a statement here.

It’s interesting that you threw out that score Todd … because that’s the exact same score I’m envisioning as well (the other way). The Hawks get back on schedule in this game … as Russell Wilson throws 3 TD passes, getting to 4,000 yards passing, breaking 3 long standing franchise passing records along the way. Seahawks win a hard fought game down in the desert.

I’m calling it the exact opposite of Aros …

Seahawks 28
Cardinals 24

Crizilla

Reaction score
I don't think it's that close of a game. I see the Cards playing for the 1 seed, I see us playing to clean things up, but in the end there just isn't much at stake for us. We need to come out of this game healthy.

Cards 30
Seahawks 20

kf3339

Reaction score
The problem with this game is figuring out which team really wants the win. Both teams are in and pretty much know their playoff trajectory.

The Cards are already the 2 seed, and would know by game time if the Panthers had won eliminating any chance of getting the 1 seed. If the Panthers win do they really go all out as a team and/or every individual player? The Hawks I don't think really care if they are the 5 or 6 seed as they are on the road either way. Knowing this do does the team and/or every individual player play all out, or pull up some to rest for the final run? I don't think it really matters as the Skins, Vikings and Packers all look very beatable.

I think it comes down to which team feels this game is a must win. Since the Hawks have been to the Superbowl the last two years I think they feel it can be turned on in the playoffs and may somewhat coast this game.

So I am going with

Hawks 17
Cards 24

Ultimately it just doesn't matter IMO.

RTD: 11-4

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I won't be surprised either way. This game is probably the toughest one for me to predict all year.

Cardinals 31
Seahawks 24

My Record to Date: 12-3

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":cw1upzqr said:
31-20

:tardssmall:

:pukeface:

Soooo for sure no Lynch and posssibly no Okung, Chancellor or Willson.

DOUBLE PUKE.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pete will rest the playbook again and everyone will blame the offensive line. That and injuries will leave us 9-7.

Cardinals 34
Seahawks 20

RTD: 4-6

iigakusei

Reaction score
We are going to get smoked - and as long as no one gets injured, I could care less.

Seahawks 16
Cardinals 31

Hawks46

Reaction score
We're just a bit too beat up right now, and with the lack of intensity we saw last game, I don't think we win. Plus the Cardinals are playing with a lot more confidence than the Hawks are right now.

I'm not guessing a score, but I think we lose by 10.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Lots of injuries stacking up for us.

I think we get our heads caved in by a hungry Cards team that hasnt lost in months.

Ariz 34
Sea 20

But we will be back for revenge in the playoffs!

kearly

Reaction score
Wilson has never lost a game by more than 10 points in the NFL, but I think that streak ends on Sunday.

Arizona 40
Seattle 27

RTD 11-4

tdlabrie

Reaction score
My season record is 11-4, best I've ever done. So for this last game I'm going with my heart instead of my head:
Seahawks 27
Arizona 20

Decimation

Reaction score
I wish I was confident with us going on the road and playing Arizona, but we just have so many injuries right now. Do hope I'm wrong though, would love to see us rebound after that loss last Sunday.

Cardinals: 37

Seahawks: 24

RTD: 11-4

Laloosh

Reaction score
Seattle: 35
Arizona: 23

8)

[given all of the injuries now, I am an idiot]