TJ vs the Cards?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I see no gain from Russ playing a whole game vs the Cards. Maybe a series or two, but after that, Russ can stand next to Bevell and help suggest plays.

JonRud

Reaction score
I don't agree. if we lose there is a very good chance we are playing in Lambeau in the wildcard (assuming they beat Minn).

I know GB has been bad lately, but no way do I want to play in that building in the wildcard game. Too much mystique, aura, etc... and no way do I want to face Aaron Rodgers rather than Teddy Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins. The Hawks need to play to WIN to avoid going to GB in the wildcard round.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
JonRud":3jnh4dqb said:
I don't agree. if we lose there is a very good chance we are playing in Lambeau in the wildcard (assuming they beat Minn).

I know GB has been bad lately, but no way do I want to play in that building in the wildcard game. Too much mystique, aura, etc... and no way do I want to face Aaron Rodgers rather than Teddy Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins. The Hawks need to play to WIN to avoid going to GB in the wildcard round.

Do you feel the same way if Bailey is starting at LT and Helfet is his help with edge rushers? I want a healthy Russ and Baldwin and Lynch and Willson and Lockett and Chancellor in the playoffs, where and who don't matter to me as much. And going all out to beat the Cards gives them a scouting advantage for the possible meeting with them in the playoffs.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
JonRud":2tnez0aj said:

It's not going to matter if the Cards are playing to win. If they want to crush the Hawks, they are more than capable of doing it next week. They are far and away the best team in the league right now. The Hawks should sit all the starters and get them ready for the playoff game. No sense in sending them out there to take a beating in a meaningless game.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm torn.
There is very good points on both sides.

I don't want to go to GB but I know the odds of beating the same team (Vikes) in their house twice aren't good either.

Obvious reducing the risk of injuries in an almost lame duck game is a factor.

I'm torn :{)

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
JonRud":ygpg70ad said:

And if you go to GB for a playoff game you'll have to beat GB and the zebras. Just look at what happened to Dallas up there last year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I think I am in the same boat as Pmedic. Just not sure. But if the starters go in for the first quarter and ball out, I would be good with that.

I so wanted to troll the op, but I just cant do it, too. Dangit.

Go hawks.

hawker84

Reaction score
I think we should play for the fifth seed, I'll take teddy or cousins as apposed to Rogers and the frozen tundra. Hopefully cards will rest the starters and we can pick up the W there.

JonRud

Reaction score
hawker84":2n171ywt said:
I think we should play for the fifth seed, I'll take teddy or cousins as apposed to Rogers and the frozen tundra. Hopefully cards will rest the starters and we can pick up the W there.

Yup. it's the playoffs - we want the young QB vs. a future HOF QB. Plus the revenge factor from last year's NFC Championship and the NFL/refs will want the Packers to win that game - I hope the Hawks avoid Lambeau Field at all costs.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":18xn0nqy said:
JonRud":18xn0nqy said:

It's not going to matter if the Cards are playing to win. If they want to crush the Hawks, they are more than capable of doing it next week. They are far and away the best team in the league right now. The Hawks should sit all the starters and get them ready for the playoff game. No sense in sending them out there to take a beating in a meaningless game.
I agree with this. Cards appear to be the class of the NFL right now. If they play their starters in pursuit of the top seed then I would prefer we rested ours. I just don't see what's to gain by putting Russell at risk, especially after he just got beat up against the Rams.

Right now, the way that Aaron Rodgers is playing, I would prefer going against him in GB than a red hot Kirk Cousins. And, no, I can't believe I just typed that either.

whidbeast

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":wblna48q said:
Missing_Clink":wblna48q said:
JonRud":wblna48q said:

I agree with this. Cards appear to be the class of the NFL right now. If they play their starters in pursuit of the top seed then I would prefer we rested ours. I just don't see what's to gain by putting Russell at risk, especially after he just got beat up against the Rams.

Right now, the way that Aaron Rodgers is playing, I would prefer going against him in GB than a red hot Kirk Cousins. And, no, I can't believe I just typed that either.
I'm on board with that. People can say what they want about Washington but they did manage to pull off the seemingly impossible feat of beating the Rams.

kearly

Reaction score
Wilson should sit, but I think Pete wants to wash the bad taste out of his mouth from the Rams game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scottemojo":oy34liea said:
I see no gain from Russ playing a whole game vs the Cards. Maybe a series or two, but after that, Russ can stand next to Bevell and help suggest plays.

Huh?

So you're saying there's no difference between going to Lambeau Field where we haven't won in forever and going to DC where we've won and played well?

Sorry, big difference.

crosfam

Reaction score
I just want us to beat the Cards and go into the playoffs on a high note... Really wanted to bear Rams for same reason.

And we are undefeated in all grey (I think that uni is up next week)

iigakusei

Reaction score
Coach Bruce Arians confirmed Monday the Cardinals will go all out to beat the Seahawks in Week 17.

"We will approach this game like it's game one," said Arians. "I don't think you get anything out of resting guys. I don't want to set a precedent." This was expected because there's plenty still on the line for Arizona. If the Cardinals beat Seattle and Carolina loses to Tampa Bay, Arians' club will clinch the No. 1 seed in the NFC and have home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. In that scenario, they would have a better divisional record than the Panthers.

AVL

Reaction score
What a load of crap.

Maybe we can sign Flynn to play!

NINEster

Reaction score
Arians might dog it intentionally so he can take on the Hawk for real in the playoffs, if necessary.

I tell annoying Giants' fans that the '88 49ers dogged the final game that season against the Rams not because they were frightened of the Giants, but because they could very easily face the Rams in the playoffs.

Nothing to be gained from winning, seed wise, but face a Rams team that could easily beat them (even at home), and there goes your playoffs.

Beating the Rams would not have eliminated them either.

NINEster

Reaction score
iigakusei":1n0s26zx said:
Coach Bruce Arians confirmed Monday the Cardinals will go all out to beat the Seahawks in Week 17.

"We will approach this game like it's game one," said Arians. "I don't think you get anything out of resting guys. I don't want to set a precedent." This was expected because there's plenty still on the line for Arizona. If the Cardinals beat Seattle and Carolina loses to Tampa Bay, Arians' club will clinch the No. 1 seed in the NFC and have home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. In that scenario, they would have a better divisional record than the Panthers.

But is he going to scheme it hard like it's a do or die game?

He could treat it like a pre-season game where you use the players but keep it vanilla.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NINEster":3c33a8xu said:
iigakusei":3c33a8xu said:

But is he going to scheme it hard like it's a do or die game?

He could treat it like a pre-season game where you use the players but keep it vanilla.

By this point in the season, and against a divisional team there's no gamemanship like this. There's nothing the Cards haven't done all year that they would want to hide against the Hawks that we haven't seen or schemed against.

BUT, they would like to do to us what they did against GB yesterday, crush a potential playoff opponent and show us that we've got no shot.

So I hope the Hawks aren't going into Arizona expecting to play against backups like a preseason game.........cause if we do, we're going to get our doors blown off.