Our biggest offseason need, IMO...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Interior pass rush on the dline.

Obviously o'line is a need. But #3's skills set and ability is good enough to offset that. I also still think we could use a weapon or 2 in the passing game. I love Baldwin and Lockett, but the rest of them... There's a reason they were all undrafted. I won't fault their effort, but we could be better there.

I think we could also use another body or 2 in the secondary. Specifically some safety depth. I think jeron Johnson was a pretty big loss.

But man, we badly need some guys who can get interior pass rush. It's a shame that Jordan hill can't get/stay healthy. Our outside guys, Avril and Bennett are studs and can get around the edge, but it doesn't do any good when there's no push in the middle.

Boom84

Reaction score
Yes, while the team has obvious needs along the offensive and defensive line, this team needs to look at becoming more physicality across the board. Particularly glaring in games against the Rams, Cardinals, and Steelers the Seahawks are no longer pushing teams around the way the have in the past. I'm confident they can get that done, but it definitely will need to be a conscious thought in moves made during the offseason.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
We don't get pressure on qbs anymore. Sorry but we ain't winning squat till we can.

Arizona sacked Rodgers 8 times today.

Tical21

Reaction score
Biggest need? I dunno, but up there, sure. The thing is, what resources do you put into something like that? We've put a 2nd and 3rd rounder towards this over the past three years, and brought in a free agent this offseason that we were hoping would help a bit. Do you go out and sign a couple more free agents? See what it would take to get Clinton McDonald back?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1jfqzbkf said:
Interior pass rush on the dline.

Obviously o'line is a need. But #3's skills set and ability is good enough to offset that. I also still think we could use a weapon or 2 in the passing game. I love Baldwin and Lockett.
Russ was hit 17 times and that doesn't count the cheap shots that he took on his feet first slide, and his big run toward the end of the game, nor the pounding sacks that he sustained.
The hit he took that jarred the ball loose (hit to the head & no flag) was on him trying to get as many yards out of that play, and give his team mates a chance to catch up in scoring.
He's being hung out to dry, and for that, I say that the O-Line simply cannot be an after thought.
We've all seen what he can produce from a somewhat protective pocket.
Today's game showed just how overmatched our O-Line was.
The Rams have gone full bore on gathering up some high motor D-Linemen, and our O-Line was getting manhandled right along with RW, and that's nonsense.
I don't care if our Receivers are the fastest guys in the world, because if Wilson isn't getting ANY time to set up for a throw, those lightning fast Receivers won't even be seeing a pass come their way.
I think we've ignored the 'also ran' O-Line for too damned long now.
The Defense is in need of an intimidator or two ,it's the O-Line that's being neglected.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It starts up front we need a Center and an interior defensive lineman. Jordan hill and Rubin aren't going to cut it and Mebane might not be around next year, even if he is he's not the same player he was a few years ago. Clark will be better next year but we still don't know if he's a starter yet. WR isn't a position we can afford to draft early on , we have bigger needs this off season . That doesn't mean you pass on a WR if there's one there that's a game changer and clearly the BPA.

seabowl

Reaction score
Alex Mack will be a Seahawk. That will solve the center issues. Agree on interior pass rush that we are lacking bigtime. We may have to replace Okung and probably Beast as well.

Largent80

Reaction score
Helfet is no TE that was proven. When Chancellor isn't in there we suffer, I could go on forever after yesterday.

I would also add that it appears the officials and game announcers have reached all time lows.

2_0_6

Reaction score
What we need to do is to quit holding on to the guys that are made of glass and always on the injury report. Tharold Simon, Anthony McCoy, Jordan Hill, and to a lesser extent Okung.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yesterday the OLine looked just as bad as it did in game 1, same opponent little if any improvement.

Biggest need Is right there, pick any position LT RT OC OG.

Tiresome to watch immediate pressure on the QB on almost every play.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
One of the things this loss may provide for the future is some recognition for Pete and John that they built a flawed team at the center position. While I enjoyed recent success, 0-2 to the Rams,a nd being whipped up front in the process will be remembered in free agency and at the draft. They were pretty damn happy accepting and doling out congratulations over the successes they had enjoyed with that line for 5 weeks, a reminder that they have to call plays around it's weaknesses isn't such a bad thing.

Hopefully the same lesson at 3T will stick in their minds.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3a5ivgxm said:
One of the things this loss may provide for the future is some recognition for Pete and John that they built a flawed team at the center position. While I enjoyed recent success, 0-2 to the Rams,a nd being whipped up front in the process will be remembered in free agency and at the draft. They were pretty damn happy accepting and doling out congratulations over the successes they had enjoyed with that line for 5 weeks, a reminder that they have to call plays around it's weaknesses isn't such a bad thing.

Hopefully the same lesson at 3T will stick in their minds.
This. I believe a big improvement at C is this team's #1 priority.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I watched a bit of the Indy game and at one point TY McGill got a nice push up the middle and got half a sack. Would have been nice to keep him back in camp. Still don't know why they cut him.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1ch94h62 said:
We don't get pressure on qbs anymore. Sorry but we ain't winning squat till we can.

Good night. They might rape our o-line and Russ this Sunday.

Hawks46

Reaction score
BPA with either CB, C, G, DT/3T, a bigger possession WR, TE. Probably a OLB to fill in for Irvin or depth.

If we hit on half of those, we'll be good next year. The nice thing is C, OLB and (for us) CB we usually can pick up in the mid rounds and improve immediately. 3T, and TE need to be higher picks (and maybe CB if we see the right guy).

bandiger

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":1fdtp2hd said:
Tech Worlds":1fdtp2hd said:

Good night. They might rape our o-line and Russ this Sunday.

Yep.

RW92

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2ttv7qkc said:

Amen. I couldn't have said it better. No pass rush=no wins.