For Fans East of the Mountains

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Hope we can make it to the game! Passes closed everywhere. Avalanche danger. What a mess.

Lots of people not going to get home for Christmas. Sucks.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Last night I checked WSDOT, and it seemed as though one of the main reasons Snoqualmie Pass was closed last night (besides the snow) is that the power was out. I checked again this morning, and there are leaning trees and potential for avalanches, and the pass is expected to be closed through today. I'm hoping to be able to drive across it tomorrow.

RiverDog

Reaction score
That's one of the reasons we gave up our season tickets back in the mid 90's. I hated that drive back across the pass at night in the winter. Sure wish I would have toughed it out, though.

slateman77

Reaction score
Just crossed White pass yesterday after they opened it Tuesday night at 5pm. Had no problems except for the few asshats in two wheel drive rigs doing 2mph.There are two area's that are down to one lane with stop lights operating those. They did have a sign requiring chains on all vehicles except all wheel drives but they sure were not enforcing it.

babyblues

Reaction score
Snoqualime Pass always presents a challenge in winter. In recent years I've elected to fly home rather than make the trek along I-90. Everyone stay safe out there.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":y134jsav said:
Hope we can make it to the game! Passes closed everywhere. Avalanche danger. What a mess.

Lots of people not going to get home for Christmas. Sucks.

Take the Heli.

LargentFan

Reaction score
A friend of mine from Virginia is visiting family in Quincy. More family flew in yesterday and he needed to pick them up at SeaTac. He saw that Snoqualmie was closed, so he went through...Portland...
I asked him why he didn't take Stevens Pass and he said, "What's Stevens pass?"
Ugh...I felt bad bringing it up.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
My brother was supposed to go east thru Snoq pass. It is closed. He decided to stay home in Kent.

I got 4 inches of snow near boise. I am feeling like staying home too.....until a week from Saturday.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I'm in Spokane and power is out. Going on 3 days, just a couple weeks ago it was out for 6. If its not on Sunday might be camping at a restaurant with a big screen for the game. Feel like a pioneer this month.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Do they still have that hideous sign along I-82 that says "Welcome to Yakima: The Palm Springs of Washington"? Somehow my trips across the pass in the wintertime always includes seeing that sign.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2k8ieehr said:
I am west of the mountains so you can stop worrying about me.

Cool.....

Contacts the zoo....you can close the gates now.

Latest posts