Playoff question

BlueBlood

Reaction score
If we end up the 5th seed is there already a set date we will play? I usually work Saturday because it's a good paying day at work. But I don't want to get stuck working on a day we play.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Seattle at Washington will be the early Saturday game because they want to give the skins the best chance to win :2:

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
rideaducati":2gbkj4ze said:
Seattle at Washington will be the early Saturday game because they want to give the skins the best chance to win :2:

Sounds extremely likely

Seanhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":10hvqczk said:

Except the dates and times are already set and it has nothing to do with who ends up playing in the game.

seabowl

Reaction score
Seanhawk":14tg9s4m said:
rideaducati":14tg9s4m said:

Except the dates and times are already set and it has nothing to do with who ends up playing in the game.

The times are not set.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The way they had it before was the networks decide. The least desirable time is the early game on Sat. If Pittburgh and Green Bay are playing that weekend, my guess is those will be the games that are picked first.
I think that if Seattle gets the 5 seed, the Hawks at the NFC East is going to be the matchup that falls into the early Sat slot....but that start time is probably close to the normal west coast start time vs the 10 am slot.

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2brfcok0 said:
The way they had it before was the networks decide. The least desirable time is the early game on Sat. If Pittburgh and Green Bay are playing that weekend, my guess is those will be the games that are picked first.
I think that if Seattle gets the 5 seed, the Hawks at the NFC East is going to be the matchup that falls into the early Sat slot....but that start time is probably close to the normal west coast start time vs the 10 am slot.

Guys,
Playoff times ARE NOT SET YET......due to the fact that you don't know what teams are playing ????
There could very well be an AFC wildcard game scheduled "early" Saturday.............
Usually the NFL alternates conference games....meaning 1 each conference / each day.

Just as an example, assuming (based on records today) -
.....your wildcard weekend games are:
NFC
Minnesota @ Green Bay
Seattle @ Washington

AFC
Pissburgh @ Denver
KC @ Houston

Also, remember......the Saturday game times are ~ PST ~ 1:00 pm & 5:00 pm
Until these 4 games / teams are LOCKS........no times will be set !!!

JonRud

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":iv98jray said:
HawkRiderFan":iv98jray said:

Guys,
Playoff times ARE NOT SET YET......due to the fact that you don't know what teams are playing ????
There could very well be an AFC wildcard game scheduled "early" Saturday.............
Usually the NFL alternates conference games....meaning 1 each conference / each day.

Just as an example, assuming (based on records today) -
.....your wildcard weekend games are:
NFC
Minnesota @ Green Bay
Seattle @ Washington

AFC
Pissburgh @ Denver
KC @ Houston

Also, remember......the Saturday game times are ~ PST ~ 1:00 pm & 5:00 pm
Until these 4 games / teams are LOCKS........no times will be set !!!

Good post. In this case the KC @ Houston game will probably be the early Saturday game because it's the least desirable TV slot and that game is very unattractive. In this scenario I think Minn @ GB would be Sat. night (NFL loves a night game in GB in January) and the Hawks would play on Sunday.