Will ADB be tweeting Cris Carter tonight?

rightbench

Reaction score
Mediocre Doug just tied Carter for most multiple TD games in a row. Wonder if hell say anything. I know about 6 weeks ago he sure would have but now i doubt it.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
rightbench":26khjfv8 said:
Mediocre Doug just tied Carter for most multiple TD games in a row. Wonder if hell say anything. I know about 6 weeks ago he sure would have but now i doubt it.

Not sure, but any 12's with a twitter account should make sure CC knows about it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My genuine belief is he just doesn't give a rats azz what Carter thinks anymore.

Doug has become a legit #1, and his stats are Pro Bowl worthy.

Rat

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3u2ttn9q said:
My genuine belief is he just doesn't give a rats azz what Carter thinks anymore.

Strongly disagree. Baldwin has always been fueled by disrespect. He uses the "chip on his shoulder" thing as a badge of honor.

As for Carter, I don't think he was all that wrong when he said it. Heck, the WR upgrades the FO has made in recent years may indicate that they agreed with the assessment as well. If Carter says something about ADB still being pedestrian, then I'm all for whatever fans throw at him.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2948ystn said:
his stats are Pro Bowl worthy.

His receptions and yards aren't even top 20 right now. His receptions/yards/TD stats are similar to Eric Decker's.

How many WRs make the Pro Bowl with less than 1,000 yards? Baldwin has to average 70 over the next two games just to get past that threshold.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Rat":2paubf9w said:
jammerhawk":2paubf9w said:

Strongly disagree. Baldwin has always been fueled by disrespect. He uses the "chip on his shoulder" thing as a badge of honor.

I thought if this during the NBC highlights when either Harrison or Dungy said that Baldwin plays like Steve Smith.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3jdd62dy said:
I thought if this during the NBC highlights when either Harrison or Dungy said that Baldwin plays like Steve Smith.

Let's hope that his career is just as long!

Willyeye

Reaction score
Rat":3uvpc15g said:
jammerhawk":3uvpc15g said:

As for Carter, I don't think he was all that wrong when he said it. Heck, the WR upgrades the FO has made in recent years may indicate that they agreed with the assessment as well. If Carter says something about ADB still being pedestrian, then I'm all for whatever fans throw at him.

That was back in the days when Tate was still on the team. Tate had a few more yards than Baldwin in 2013, but Baldwin had a way better playoffs and SB. Then when Tate gets on the Lions, all of a sudden he's one of the best receivers in the NFL (no longer pedestrian), and Baldwin is still crap. The thing is, Baldwin always had great grades on PFF...he was just doing his job on a run-first team. Now Baldwin is wasting Tate's numbers. CC deserves some criticism. Baldwin was great for the Seahawks back then.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3eadc2p5 said:
HawkRiderFan":3eadc2p5 said:

Let's hope that his career is just as long!

Hope he keeps getting better. Loved the way Steve Smith balled out. Smith also used to have some the funniest TD celebrations.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":2lsu8pdu said:
At this point, it's better if Doug Baldwin kills CC with kindness and don't say anything.

Yep, rise above. Anything else is petty.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
Rat":24dg9tng said:
Heck, the WR upgrades the FO has made in recent years may indicate that they agreed with the assessment as well.

What upgrades? Only new receiver getting major PT is Lockett, and he was brought in to return kicks.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Dizzlepdx":18k2pyfm said:
Rat":18k2pyfm said:
Heck, the WR upgrades the FO has made in recent years may indicate that they agreed with the assessment as well.

What upgrades? Only new receiver getting major PT is Lockett, and he was brought in to return kicks.
Capital expended homie. Percy Harvin (big $$$ and picks), Jimmy Graham ($ and picks), Paul Richardson (2nd round pick), Tyler Lockett (picks to move up to get him).

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":3lgohu4r said:
Dizzlepdx":3lgohu4r said:
Rat":3lgohu4r said:

Capital expended homie. Percy Harvin (big $$$ and picks), Jimmy Graham ($ and picks), Paul Richardson (2nd round pick), Tyler Lockett (picks to move up to get him).

Percy was already on the team when CC made his comments (it was during the playoffs). Graham? Eh, I guess yeah. My waffling is due to the wr vs TE debate. Richardson...maybe? Lockett...no. It's been said numerous times he was not expected to contribute on offense. He blew everyone away once he got in to camp.

Rat

Reaction score
Dizzlepdx":2cytr3ym said:
HuskerHawk":2cytr3ym said:
Dizzlepdx":2cytr3ym said:
Rat":2cytr3ym said:

Percy was already on the team when CC made his comments (it was during the playoffs). Graham? Eh, I guess yeah. My waffling is due to the wr vs TE debate. Richardson...maybe? Lockett...no. It's been said numerous times he was not expected to contribute on offense. He blew everyone away once he got in to camp.
You don't trade four picks for a kick returner, especially if you value the draft as much as this front office seems to. I don't buy that the pick had nothing to do with offense. His return ability may have separated him from other wideouts they were looking at, but they knew he could be a dangerous receiver.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
They mainly viewed him as returner, it's been said many times. Bevell even said that Lockett surprised him as a WR. Last year showed that they needed a dangerous return-man and they were willing to bet the house on it. Also look at the guys they picked out of other team's practice squad like McCray who was great on special teams. They wanted to improve special teams and figured Lockett was their guy to return punts and kicks, to their surprise he's turned into a pretty good WR too. Also they knew they were going to use him as a WR but they have used him more than Tate in his rookie year, and the thing that stood out to the FO was the way Lockett had alot of scramble drill with his QB in college. If it wasn't for the injury to Lynch and Graham, and our change to a more quick passing game with Wilson, Lockett would of never had been able to showcase his ability as a WR, probably would of only been given less than 35 touches in the season.

Injury has paved ways for many of our depth players to become starters. This has happened for Lane, Maxwell, Sherman, Rawls, etc. Lockett is given the opportunity and he's going to try and run away with it literally.