Welcome to the playoffs!!

Geologic

Reaction score
I really want to face the Panthers in the playoffs. I want to see Doug Baldwin keep dirty Norman and Finnegan humble.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Many of us here never doubted we were going to the playoffs.

Were the team that other teams don't want to play.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Never a doubt here. Picked them to start 6-4 before getting into gear and going on a tear to finish it out. Only off by one game. I picked us to split with Cincinnati and Carolina which we almost did.

Now to lock down the five seed

-bsd

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Just need the Vikings to lose so they stay a Wild Card team (and not the Packers). If they win out we will automatically be the #6 seed even if we win out too.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
What an incredible run to close out a playoff spot with 2 weeks left after starting 2-4.. Pretty astounding!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkFan72":eyn7fp68 said:
Just need the Vikings to lose so they stay a Wild Card team (and not the Packers). If they win out we will automatically be the #6 seed even if we win out too.

Does Minnesota hold the tiebreaker over GB in the event that the Vikings win in week 17?

renofox

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2aahgqq9 said:
HawkFan72":2aahgqq9 said:

Does Minnesota hold the tiebreaker over GB in the event that the Vikings win in week 17?

YES

Hawkpower

Reaction score
renofox":ojal4tuj said:
Hawkpower":ojal4tuj said:
HawkFan72":ojal4tuj said:

YES

Well then, Go Pack Go!

renofox

Reaction score
HawkFan72":gf4q80rx said:

Unless the Packers lose out. Then it's Seahawks #5 Packers #6

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Hi everyone

So good to be in the playoffs after being 2-4 at one stage! A question - when does the "12" flag go up on the Needle? The day the Seahawks play their first playoff game in any given season, or when they've clinched a spot, or when the regular season finishes?

The reason I ask is (it is early afternoon Monday here in Adelaide, South Australia) I'm going to a friend's place in a few hours to watch three recorded games (sadly, Seahawks game NOT one of them), and want to know anyone's opinion if it is premature of me to hoist my Seahawks car flag right now! Not an actual "12" flag (must get one, and hope to be in Seattle area next Xmas)... but don't want to risk offending the football Gods. :)

cheers,
Charles

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Congrats to F-Jack for making the playoffs for the first time in his career, hopefully he can get a ring as well.

byau

Reaction score
bigskydoc":ukl6zmg7 said:
Never a doubt here. Picked them to start 6-4 before getting into gear and going on a tear to finish it out. Only off by one game. I picked us to split with Cincinnati and Carolina which we almost did.

Now to lock down the five seed

-bsd

I doubted, not at 2-4. I doubted at 4-5, over halfway through the season after the bye Russell has a butt-fumble and we depend on our defense to force two fumbles, one for a TD, to try and keep it close.

To that point the offense was terrible. The defense was not epic. They were still good to very good, but not epic.

The fact that we still managed to stay in games was silver lining all the time, but at 4 and 5 I would have been more surprised making the playoffs than missing the playoffs. And I saw NO turnaround for the offense at that point

Something clicked somewhere, because the defense is a notch better without Cary Williams, no doubt.

But the offense. Epic. Record-breaking. For 5 straight games. I didn't see that coming at all, nothing I saw up till then pointed to that. I was expecting a better effort, but not a complete 180

So color me as very very happy and surprised.

I mean, I'm actually excited now to see the emptying of the backfield.

:thirishdrinkers:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The predictions of the 8-8 Seahawks were greatly exaggerated.