Seahawks hold NFL records for being competitive 4+ years

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The Seahawks haven’t lost a game by more than 10 points since Oct. 30, 2011. That stat is as incredible as it is arbitrary. All but three other teams have lost a game by more than 10 points this season. And five teams have more blowout losses than the Seahawks have total losses (21) since Oct. 30, 2011.

The Seahawks have also had a lead in 61 consecutive games, an NFL record, which means it has been four years since Seahawks fans watched their team play an uncompetitive game.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... blown-out/

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawknation2015":21y4l301 said:
The Seahawks haven’t lost a game by more than 10 points since Oct. 30, 2011. That stat is as incredible as it is arbitrary. All but three other teams have lost a game by more than 10 points this season. And five teams have more blowout losses than the Seahawks have total losses (21) since Oct. 30, 2011.

The Seahawks have also had a lead in 61 consecutive games, an NFL record, which means it has been four years since Seahawks fans watched their team play an uncompetitive game.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... blown-out/

Truly unbelievable standing alone, and even more so when you consider the overall obscurity of the franchise otherwise.

These are the types of the numbers that a few of our confused AZ friends don't understand when they seem "baffled" by our label as a legit Super Bowl contender at 8-5.

This franchise is as good as it gets in the NFL over the last few years.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We are one yard short of being called the NFL's newest dynasty.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Aros":1k1yc32p said:

On top of that, Carroll would have been 2-0 against Belichick and one away from tying him in Super Bowl rings. :34853_doh:

On the bright side, being so close just adds to the legend of this team.

Mick063

Reaction score
Not enough opposing fans are aware of this or take much stock in it.

There is a much higher chance of Seattle blowing you out, then you blowing Seattle out. Better put, for the last four years, there is a 100 percent chance you will not blow Seattle out. You can also count on being behind at some point of the game.

No one should feel comfortable playing Seattle.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I watched Inside The NFL tonight and Boomer is still balls deep in Cam's jock. I get that the Panthers are playing above their heads right now and there can be no doubt that Cam is having the year of his career, but Boomer refuses to go past the notion that the Seahawks are playing really well right now. He still puts the Panthers and Cardinals as the better teams in the NFC.

Now maybe this is just my 40 years of being a diehard Seahawks fan showing, and naturally I realize there are a lot of humans in the country who would agree with him but is it wrong for me to think that if the Seahawks face the Panthers in Carolina this January....Well, let me just say my vote is on the team with the championship pedigree...Not the team we have kicked out of the playoffs three times in the past 10 years.

I will proudly admit there is a lot of homerism to my thoughts here, but I'll be damned if it's not backed by the fact that we are STILL the team to beat in the NFC (two time NFC Champions) and playing like it right now.

NO team that has their head's on straight wants a piece of us in January.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
During the Mora year, all I remember thinking was that I just wanted the Seahawks to be competitive. I was tired of knowing the game was over in the 1st Quarter.

Pete Carroll came along and made my wish come true.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1y1d1bby said:
Aros":1y1d1bby said:

On top of that, Carroll would have been 2-0 against Belichick and one away from tying him in Super Bowl rings. :34853_doh:

On the bright side, being so close just adds to the legend of this team.

I lust for more wins over Belichick. I know Bill is a very matter-of-fact guy, who stays away from being overly eloquent, but when he and Pete had their pre-Super Bowl interview together, one of his answers rubbed me the wrong way.

Both Pete and he were asked about how they go about they game plan for opponents. Belicheat replied that he "finds five weaknesses to exploit" which is "normally enough to win." So matter-of-fact and certain of himself that it sounded smug. I think more credit goes to his autistic, nerd video analyst then to him for finding said weaknesses. I know the guy has earned the right to be that way, but I'd love to see the same look he had at halftime when C. Matthews was tearing them up....I want to see this look for the entire game...all the way until the Hawks win convincingly. Rinse and repeat for further contests.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Being competitive is the most important thing for me. This means that we will have a chance to win every single game. I still think it's better for your confidence to have a couple of single digit losses instead of 1 or 2 blowout losses. Against the teams you barely lose, you can go into the next game against them with full confidence since it was close last time. If you lose big then you really won't want to face that team.

In short: this is awesome

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
In theory, this streak could end by default at Arizona in the season finale, not because we are not planning to be competitive, but because we are playing on the road on the east coast the following weekend.

If Philadelphia came up with a gem this Sunday Night and beat Arizona in PHL, then Arizona would have to play full speed to beat Green Bay, since Green Bay could tie them for 2nd in the conference at 11-4. At that stage, Arizona and Seattle (with 2 straight wins by Seattle vs CLE and STL), would be playing for the #3 seed or West Title.

On the other hand, if Arizona beats Philly as expected, they would have a 2 game lead going into the GB game and assuredly would allow Seattle to rest of partially play our roster in the season finale.

This would be the one variable on how many snaps certain players get at Arizona and could end the streak. Arizona would almost certainly play their starters more than Seattle would, because they would be going into a bye and Bruce Arians is a full-speed ahead type of coach. I can see Carson Palmer playing well into the 3rd quarter, just to try and stick it to SEA, probably against better judgment.

In any event, I am curious to see how Pete and JS play the finale and how much of an effort we put forward with key players on the defense, along with RW, TL, ADB and whatever running back not named MArshawn.

I expect this streak to hit 100+ games, but that's just my confident, swagger when it comes to my Seahawks. If we continue with the tempo on offense, there isn't a lot of teams built to stop Seattle on both sides of the ball and that includes Carolina and Arizona.

NINEster

Reaction score
Aros":3hsxq2c5 said:

And the Patriots would have lost yet another Super Bowl off a fluke catch.

blue 22

Reaction score
This really puts things in perspective. We should all be thankful for Pete and John. :thirishdrinkers:

nanomoz

Reaction score
NINEster":12ys6szy said:
Aros":12ys6szy said:

Sometimes, when im sad, I think about how the Niners are one of the three worst top-down shitshows in the NFL; how theyre destined for years of little or nothing to look forward to due to their silver thumb-sucking ownership.

Then I'm instantly grateful that Im a Hawks fan.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
nanomoz":1e5xa126 said:
NINEster":1e5xa126 said:
Aros":1e5xa126 said:

Sometimes, when im sad, I think about how the Niners are one of the three worst top-down shitshows in the NFL; how theyre destined for years of little or nothing to look forward to due to their silver thumb-sucking ownership.

Then I'm instantly grateful that Im a Hawks fan.
This. Bitter much NINEster?

This version of the Seahawks is the one I've wanted my whole life. Now let's go get a couple more championships Hawks!

Atradees

Reaction score
Yes. I am living my dreams as a seahawk fan. This team.......

The draft picks have been wild swings sometimes.

It's amazing so many have paid off. I am happy we have no high first round contracts because of our prolonged success.

The league has to talk about the Bengals and Panthers. They have talked about us plenty in recenttimes. It never used to be that way.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ylhfuuy said:
During the Mora year, all I remember thinking was that I just wanted the Seahawks to be competitive. I was tired of knowing the game was over in the 1st Quarter.

Pete Carroll came along and made my wish come true.

My thoughts exactly. 2009 was so unbelievably bad and I can't tell you how many times I uttered the words "I just want them to be competitive." Then, suddenly, it happened.

Willyeye

Reaction score
NINEster":1z7scoez said:
Aros":1z7scoez said:

Funny how one man's most incredible catch of the year is another man's fluke catch.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Aros":3g27jhgs said:
I watched Inside The NFL tonight and Boomer is still balls deep in Cam's jock. I get that the Panthers are playing above their heads right now and there can be no doubt that Cam is having the year of his career, but Boomer refuses to go past the notion that the Seahawks are playing really well right now. He still puts the Panthers and Cardinals as the better teams in the NFC.

Now maybe this is just my 40 years of being a diehard Seahawks fan showing, and naturally I realize there are a lot of humans in the country who would agree with him but is it wrong for me to think that if the Seahawks face the Panthers in Carolina this January....Well, let me just say my vote is on the team with the championship pedigree...Not the team we have kicked out of the playoffs three times in the past 10 years.

I will proudly admit there is a lot of homerism to my thoughts here, but I'll be damned if it's not backed by the fact that we are STILL the team to beat in the NFC (two time NFC Champions) and playing like it right now.

NO team that has their head's on straight wants a piece of us in January.

I believe the Panthers are a paper tiger. Which are currently the 3 worst divisions in the NFL? The Panthers had a miracle happen in their schedule rotation. They faced the AFCS in a season where even the Colts suck. They faced the NFCE in a season where all 4 teams are equally bad. And they live in the NFCS, a division that has struggled for 2 years now, with the exception of the Panthers...the Falcons started nicely, but that was also due to having the same schedule as the Panthers. In the Panther's other 2 games against division leaders, they were fortunate to play the Seahawks in Week 2 of a season in which they stuggled mightily early on, and they played the Packers in the midst of a 1-4 slump. The only team that they faced with a winning record at gametime was the Packers, and at the time, the Packers were playing like a team with a losing record. There's an argument to be made that the Panthers had the easiest schedule of any team in the last 5 years. If they had played the Packers and Seahawks late in the season, I don't think the results would have been the same. Give the Seahawks the AFCS, NFCE, AND NFCS, and I see no reason why they wouldn't have been undefeated this year, also, regardless of their early struggles.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
NINEster":2hl6a6x7 said:
Aros":2hl6a6x7 said:

A quick slant across the middle is a "fluke catch"? In this case, the interception is the "fluke catch". Welcome to football, kid.