Carries for each back and total yards for the replacements?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Now that Bryce Brown has been signed we know who our RB's will be. How many carries will each get and how many total yards? This does not include Russell, just the next men up for Rawls.

Harris - 15
Jackson - 8
Brown - 6
Coleman - 3
Tukuafu - 1

Total Yards = 118

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that we'll be throwing the ball more than running it this week (unless the defense scores enough to warrant playing backups).

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Laloosh":3pz9efwc said:
I think it's safe to say that we'll be throwing the ball more than running it this week (unless the defense scores enough to warrant playing backups).

I think it will be another lopsided game and I don't think Pete's plan changes, in the end the run /pass numbers will be close to even again. Even though Rawls went down on the first drive we ran more than passed last game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think Brown and Jackson will split carries. We know what Harris has and its not much

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Harris even after the fumble seemed like he didn't want to tuck the ball with 2 hands in traffic. Made me nervous every time.

Laloosh

Reaction score
StoneCold":3qwucx23 said:
Laloosh":3qwucx23 said:

I think it will be another lopsided game and I don't think Pete's plan changes, in the end the run /pass numbers will be close to even again. Even though Rawls went down on the first drive we ran more than passed last game.

I had no idea what the ratio was against Baltimore when I posted that. I should have looked.

kearly

Reaction score
I thought they would bench Harris after his fumble, but they stuck with him and gave him the Lion's share of the carries.

There's a baseball analogy that works here. A Baseball team is closing down the season and is almost certainly going to make the playoffs. Unfortunately, a top of the rotation pitcher goes down with injury. Do they run with the long reliever who's terrible but can eat up 5-6 innings, or do they stretch out their ace-setup man to start a few games? The crappy middle-reliever will achieve lesser results, but stretching out the ace setup man to pitch 5+ innings has a big risk that he could get injured too and the team will need that important ace reliever come playoff time. Is it worth the risk to that elite 8th inning setup guy to help win a few games you probably won't need? In most cases, teams would go with the long reliever and not risk further key injuries to vital players.

I think the Seahawks hold Jackson in a very high regard as a 3rd down back, and they probably feel that they can win the next two home games (doing so would clinch a playoff spot with a week to spare) without good production at RB.

So I don't think we'll see a big dose of Fred Jackson. I think he'll remain the 3rd down back. I think the only way we see Jackson getting the bulk of carries is if the game gets ugly and Harris is a disaster.

I don't think Brown gets many carries. He hasn't been with the team very long, and he's fumble prone.

For the record I hope to be wrong. Watching Harris makes me want to stab my eyeballs out.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
kearly":2rb44612 said:
I thought they would bench Harris after his fumble, but they stuck with him and gave him the Lion's share of the carries.

There's a baseball analogy that works here. A Baseball team is closing down the season and is almost certainly going to make the playoffs. Unfortunately, a top of the rotation pitcher goes down with injury. Do they run with the long reliever who's terrible but can eat up 5-6 innings, or do they stretch out their ace-setup man to start a few games? The crappy middle-reliever will achieve lesser results, but stretching out the ace setup man to pitch 5+ innings has a big risk that he could get injured too and the team will need that important ace reliever come playoff time. Is it worth the risk to that elite 8th inning setup guy to help win a few games you probably won't need? In most cases, teams would go with the long reliever and not risk further key injuries to vital players.

I think the Seahawks hold Jackson in a very high regard as a 3rd down back, and they probably feel that they can win the next two home games (doing so would clinch a playoff spot with a week to spare) without good production at RB.

So I don't think we'll see a big dose of Fred Jackson. I think he'll remain the 3rd down back. I think the only way we see Jackson getting the bulk of carries is if the game gets ugly and Harris is a disaster.

I don't think Brown gets many carries. He hasn't been with the team very long, and he's fumble prone.

For the record I hope to be wrong. Watching Harris makes me want to stab my eyeballs out.

Was rewatching the game today and thought he did alright early on. Later there seemed to be nowhere to run, but what I can't tell is if that was because he didn't run to the opening or the Ravens make an adjustment and close up those holes. Hence my other post bout the all 22 of the second series.

One thing I did see clearly is Harris was tripped by a Ravens Olinemen on the 3rd series. Would have gone for a good gain if not for a lifted leg. Ditry ditry dirty birds.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2u1cufit said:
Well looks like it will be the Bryce Brown show.

Waiving Harris seems odd, but obviously they know more than we do. I wonder who will replace him or if they will go with just 4 backs. Hope we don't get bit by the injury bug.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I have a feeling we are going to see an extended version of Bryce Brown unless he either fumbles or show's very poor security handling the ball. If that happens I suspect we will switch to Coleman and stick with him through the game as the primary RB. Jackson I think they like the role he is playing and they don't want to risk losing him to injury or burning him out. He is an above average blocker and receiver who we can utilize heavily for outlet passes and screens should defenses stack or overload the box.

Part of my thinking is auditioning for next year. There is a very strong possibility Lynch and Jackson both won't return and that leaves a pretty good void at RB especially with Rawls injury in question. This is live action and Brown has the tools to be similar to Rawls. If he proves he has learned to hold onto the ball then he could be a great and needed addition to our roster now and for next year.

This FO has made a habit out of turning coal into diamonds and Bryce is a very enticing lump of coal. If Brown is smart he might recognize the opportunity sitting in his lap right now and grip that ball just a little bit tighter.

Just a note. Not my saying but I like it. Nick name for Bryce brown? Brown Rice. It's just kinda catchy.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
RichNhansom":jy5bope6 said:
I have a feeling we are going to see an extended version of Bryce Brown unless he either fumbles or show's very poor security handling the ball. If that happens I suspect we will switch to Coleman and stick with him through the game as the primary RB. Jackson I think they like the role he is playing and they don't want to risk losing him to injury or burning him out. He is an above average blocker and receiver who we can utilize heavily for outlet passes and screens should defenses stack or overload the box.

Part of my thinking is auditioning for next year. There is a very strong possibility Lynch and Jackson both won't return and that leaves a pretty good void at RB especially with Rawls injury in question. This is live action and Brown has the tools to be similar to Rawls. If he proves he has learned to hold onto the ball then he could be a great and needed addition to our roster now and for next year.

This FO has made a habit out of turning coal into diamonds and Bryce is a very enticing lump of coal. If Brown is smart he might recognize the opportunity sitting in his lap right now and grip that ball just a little bit tighter.

Just a note. Not my saying but I like it. Nick name for Bryce brown? Brown Rice. It's just kinda catchy.

No offense. But that nickname thing is the dumbest thing I'll read today

daveyoung52

Reaction score
"If Brown is smart he might recognize the opportunity sitting in his lap right now and grip that ball just a little bit tighter" Love this picture,hope he grabs it with both hands,and i mean that both ways!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1m3mtd2n said:
I think Coleman will be the surprise main RB for rushing attempts.

Especially after Harris was released. I'd say

Coleman: 12-14 carries
Brown: 8-10 carries
Jackson: 6 carries
Tukuafu: 3 carries.

Wilson: 6 carries (4 read option)

I don't know if we're going to pass or run more. The Browns defense is equally bad in both areas.