Brandon Cottom

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Practice squad RB at 6'3" 260 out of Purdue. He's listed as a FB, but apparently played a lot of HB in college. All I can find about him in articles is he's a punishing runner and he's pretty fast for his size. There's a few highlight reels of him on YouTube. With the Hawks sudden dearth at the position, he could get a shot next week. I think he's been with the team since last spring, so they might want to stick with an in house guy who is familiar with the system

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
I've forgotten about him. He had some nice highlites from college, but then again I guess that's what highlite tapes are for. He did seem to have some speed for a big guy though.

I wish we would have held onto Rod Smith, I thought he looked pretty good in pre season, If he'd stay in bounds.

Boiler

Reaction score
Cottom is not the answer at halfback. He was really suited only for fullback even in college.

jake206

Reaction score
In this offense, you really need to have some acceleration to hit that hole quickly, its a one cut system. Rawls was adept at it. Cottom maybe a little to slow to reach the hole before it closes..

OP
OP
Thepeelsessions

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Boiler":1quy37dw said:
Cottom is not the answer at halfback. He was really suited only for fullback even in college.
Going off your name and Cottom insight, are you a boilermaker buff?