Carolina/Arizona/GreenBay

Cartire

Reaction score
Smellyman":r0fkhv3y said:
Think the Hawks fear any of them?

I sure don't.

Cardinals looked weak. But they also looked like any other team in the NFL on Thursday nights. Its always hard to judge a teams performance on Thursdays. Sometimes you come hard to play, sometimes you show up flat. They looked flat tonight on both sides of the ball. 2 of their TD's were on crazy broken coverage and horrible missed tackles. And I believe they were +3 on the Turnover margin. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

They should have crushed the Vikings with the opportunities they had. Instead, they squeaked away with a win. Good for them.

Mick063

Reaction score
Seattle can beat any of those teams.

The question is if they can string three road playoff victories together.

If the offense continues to play at their current high level, I am very confident they can.

hawks85

Reaction score
if we make the tournament this year and we face carolina or green bay there going to get beat down and show the world this is the real hawks. bank on it. im not impressed with carolina or green bay. green bay lost there step while we gained 50 steps. carolina just has a weak schedule and a weak division. carolina can go unbeaten all they want. they will be one and done in the tournament.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been saying it all year...I ain't buyin' what the Panthers are sellin'. Oh sure I respect they are having their best season and are a good football team, but they are not this invincible powerhouse that many a mediot is saying they are.

Cam is due to be knocked back down a few pegs and their team overall will get shocked in the post season. They are classic choke artists in January and I don't expect this January to be any different. Not sour grapes either. I would be saying the same thing if we were 12-0 right now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't think we fear any of those teams. But I think if you asked any of those teams if they feared the Seahawks they would have the same response.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
You just named the NFC conference championship participants. I'd say they're worth respecting.

Seafan

Reaction score
The media is actually on the Card bandwagon. I don't think the media expects the Panthers will represent the NFC.

The Hawks can win it all.

drdiags

Reaction score
Nobody fears any of the others in the conference. The Panthers and Cards both have enough skins on the wall that they aren't fearing anyone. I would also not get too carried away with the chance of getting the 5th seed. I'm sure Saints fans were grinning ear-to-ear when they stumbled through their post-Superbowl season and ended up playing a 7-9 Seahawks team.

Seems like a lot of bravado by fans to pump themselves up. I am worried about the Ravens so have fun while I sit in the corner sweating bullets week-to-week.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
All three beat us in the reg season but the games were close and it was before we found our stride. We can beat them all imo, but we could just as well lose. These games will be a joy to watch.

Rob12

Reaction score
sutz":2xvne66f said:
Respect everybody, fear no one.

Love this.

We're more talented. That's the bottom line. Respect them and what they've done, but believe the fact that you're more talented. On the road, or playing on Mars. It doesn't matter.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Hawks have gone toe to toe with all those teams and come out on top more times than not.

Now that the Hawks have trimmed the fat (Cary, Nowak) and will have their top units on both sides of the ball moving forward I expect this team to be a well oiled machine going into the playoffs.

marko358

Reaction score
Mick063":dqzydcyk said:

This Hawks team looks more dominant than any of the recent wild card teams that went on to the Super Bowl.

Bwarren

Reaction score
Do ya all think that Carolina, Green Bay and Cards have already peaked? Are their wins against inferior competition and competition who were still struggling at the time when played? I believe they are good and can beat anybody on any given day. I also believe they can be beat on any given day. They are not invincible.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fear? No...........but having to possibly go through all three and for sure two of those stadiums to get back to the SB is a tall order.

We're rolling for sure, and hopefully will keep it rolling. But this isn't the last two years where we got on a late roll and secured HFA, this shizzle's gonna have to be done on the road.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":hn1sz17l said:
I've been saying it all year...I ain't buyin' what the Panthers are sellin'. Oh sure I respect they are having their best season and are a good football team, but they are not this invincible powerhouse that many a mediot is saying they are.

Cam is due to be knocked back down a few pegs and their team overall will get shocked in the post season. They are classic choke artists in January and I don't expect this January to be any different. Not sour grapes either. I would be saying the same thing if we were 12-0 right now.

I'd worry more about the Cards than either GB or Carolina, but I don't forget last year's Panthers team. They weren't playing offense nearly as well last year as they are this year, yet came into the CLink and played us tough for 3 quarters.

GB just seems to be fading.

I'd also have a lot more bravado about our team if I can see this performance sustained. Something about the first half of the season left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't quite trust the Hawks all the way yet. Yes, I know the next 3 games are against poor quality teams, but the Ravens play everyone tough and never lose by much. If we can dominate 3 poor teams, and not merely squeak by them, then I'll puff my chest out about the playoffs.

NINEster

Reaction score
marko358":15g2gnd9 said:
Mick063":15g2gnd9 said:

This Hawks team looks more dominant than any of the recent wild card teams that went on to the Super Bowl.

The problem I have is that this Hawks team looks worse than the last two playoff Hawks teams. The consecutive #1 seed for the NFC.

And this is how those last two postseasons shook out:

2013 playoffs - one possession win over the Saints (down to final play), one possession win over 49ers (down to final 30 seconds). This was after beating the crap out of these two teams at home in the regular season.

2014 playoffs - dominant win over Panthers, fortunate come from behind win against Green Bay. Panthers was always a tough out in Carolina (now at home), and the Packers got beat up at the Link.

Of course ANYTHING can happen, and the Hawks win out, Cards lose out, get #1 seed third year in a row, and shut out every team all the way to Levis.

But realistically...the subtle things that have made the Hawks a weaker team each year get magnified in the post season. And now you're looking at a 99% chance the Hawks will not play at Century Link past week 17....odds are against the team.

So 4 NFC playoff games to make the last two SBs, and I only found 1 game where the Hawks looked like juggernauts, the rest they were slightly better.

This is the most non hater way I can look at the Seahawks' chances.

When Wilson signed the huge contract, and there was player discord with Wagner, etc.......I saw it as a problem in January, not September.