Anyone have a pic of "The Golden" MNf GB catch?

sjhawkfan

Reaction score
I remember some in here had it showing set proud that he had his hands on the ball with 2 feet down first. Want to say I remember someone having it outlined in red or something.

If anyone has that can you please post it here? Thanks peeps

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I recall that photo well when it was being passed around the week after the game when the whole world turned against us.

I will go to my grave saying the refs made the right call, screw what everybody else thinks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That's the one. Why inconvenience all the debunkers with visual evidence? :)

irocdave

Reaction score
Anyone who disputes that wasn't a catch just doesn't want to believe it was a catch. But... the shove that happened before the catch? THATS what people / media SHOULD bring up. There is no denying that happened and the play shouldn't have counted.

First thing out of my mouth after that play was " I don't care whats coming from the media, I'll take it and the win!" All the bad calls in Hawks history flashed in my mind and I thought it's about dam time some one else got the short end of the stick and I don't feel bad about it either.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
*sigh*

I don't understand we have to continue to perpetuate ignorance of the rules. The NFL rulebook clearly states that it does not matter whose feet come down first in this situation. I've posted the link to the relevant section of the NFL rules before but am too busy to at just this second. I can do it later if anyone doubts it though.

For what it's worth, slow motion replay clearly establishes that the ball went through MD Jennings' hands (without touching them) and hit Golden Tate's hand first and didn't move until the contested catch was completed. To me, that fulfills the criteria for a one handed catch.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3urir20t said:
Aros":3urir20t said:
That's the one. Why inconvenience all the debunkers with visual evidence? :)

There is also clear video evidence that Tate has his hand on the ball first. He jumps up with his hand basically in between the defenders arms and chest. The defender goes to cradle the ball, but it hits Tate's hand first. Tate gets such a good grip that the ball never leaves that hand. So he touches it first, lands in bounds with both feet on the ground first, and comes up with the ball at the end of the play. Case closed, anyone that thinks different hasn't looked at all the evidence. 100% of people across the board that I have shown the video to (as well as all the other pictures) has changed their mind from Fail Mary to Hail Mary.

And I didn't see your post while I was writing mine. Cheers.

Latest posts