Rumor Mill: Russell Wilson pops the question to Ciara

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
According to a report by MediaTakeOut.com, Wilson popped the big question this week, and she said yes. Their source is “someone EXTREMELY close to Ciara,” who says the ring is a special family heirloom for Wilson:

“There will be no announcement beforehand. Russell gave Ciara a ring that is a cherished family heirloom that has been a part of his Native American heritage forever, and willed to him after his father passed away. The ring is not OVERLY FLASHY . . . but it means EVERYTHING to Russell…”

Reports from sources like these are often questioned and frowned upon, but they have been right in the past. MTO was the first to report that Richard Sherman’s girlfriend was pregnant, for example.

Don’t expect a public declaration any time soon, though.

Ciara and Wilson have been tight-lipped about their relationship from the get-go, and for several months would not confirm that they were even dating. The couple claims that they have not engaged in premarital sex, for which Wilson has been getting endlessly ribbed since the story broke.

MTO reports that lawyers are negotiating a marriage contract that includes provisions for children, which is “very important” to him.

http://cover32.com/2015/12/10/rumor-mil ... -to-ciara/

Seymour

Reaction score
One major symptom of blue balls is a lack of blood to the brain. Just sayin' :twisted:

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Not an overly flashy ring for a woman who is over the top flashy as can be. I'm sure she loves it! :p

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Also, men should never give family heirlooms to their fiances. I mean, I realize these women are important to you... but if it doesn't work out, there goes a piece of your family history. Yikes.

pmedic920

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":nm8zxz3q said:
Not an overly flashy ring for a woman who is over the top flashy as can be. I'm sure she loves it! :p

I heard a rumor that the ring is a family heirloom and is based on sentiment not dollar value.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2i34znp1 said:
Also, men should never give family heirlooms to their fiances. I mean, I realize these women are important to you... but if it doesn't work out, there goes a piece of your family history. Yikes.

If true, did Aston have the same ring? Not many women I know would want the exes ring, no matter how much it meant.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
pmedic920":37x0osoh said:
JAGHAWK":37x0osoh said:

I heard a rumor that the ring is a family heirloom and is based on sentiment not dollar value.

I'm just making a point that she is a flashy, sparkly fashionista-type. Lighten up, Chewy.

pmedic920

Reaction score
In most states,rings given as a condition of marriage can easily be recovered in the event that said marriage no longer exists.

I'd also assume that the prenuptial is very extensive in this case, they both have plenty to protect. I'd hope that neither are being stupid about it.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1i6fsdlh said:
JAGHAWK":1i6fsdlh said:

If true, did Aston have the same ring? Not many women I know would want the exes ring, no matter how much it meant.

Not sure. I just know I wouldn't take it, if I was in that position. Just speaking from my own personal perspective. Not that it wouldn't be the sweetest thing in the world to receive that kind of honor, I just feel like I wouldn't deserve an item that held so much sentimental value to someone. The most expensive jewelry I wear is about 15-20 dollars. Lol

Basis4day

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3jsk1b5x said:
JAGHAWK":3jsk1b5x said:

Depends when he got engaged to her. According to this "source", he was willed the ring when his dad died in 2010.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":yuje3g4b said:
JAGHAWK":yuje3g4b said:

If a woman of her means cannot understand the emotional significance of a family heirloom item and squawks that it was given to her predecessor then Russ just needs to keep walking.

2nd marriage is the opportunity to do things right and not settle.

erik2690

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":30v05xnw said:

I've seen pics of her all around Seattle with him, with no makeup and dressed down wearing his beat up "3" hat. My point being, you by design of celebrity are most likely to see her at her flashiest, but that doesn't suggest she wouldn't like things that aren't "flashy".