Week 14 Viewing Maps

HawkGA

Reaction score
I wasn't really expecting to get the game on local TV this weekend, but it burns me to see the coverage stop at my state's border in favor of Carolina-Atlanta. I don't know why the Colorado market is expected to be mostly interested in that game.

http://506sports.com/

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Might not even get a late game on Fox because Denver is the CBS late game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Have we had the Thom Brennaman, Charles Davis, Tony Siragusa crew yet this season?

Cartire

Reaction score
Pretty crazy how much ground WAS @ CHI is covering. Who the hell is interested in 2 losing teams match up?

Granted, All the early games are pretty sub-par, but still.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Cartire":81g3chtg said:
Pretty crazy how much ground WAS @ CHI is covering. Who the hell is interested in 2 losing teams match up?

Granted, All the early games are pretty sub-par, but still.

I would presume that it's because those are areas with a division rival of Washington or Chicago. Especially since the NFC East is up for grabs.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
This sucks. While my cable company carries both DC and Baltimore stations for ABC, NBC, and CBS, it's DC only for FOX, so I get stuck with Washington-Chicago.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
In San Diego, it's Atlanta vs Carolina. Why would anyone here give to hoots about that game? Well, it's wake up early and hit a sports bar for breakfast and bloody marys I suppose.

Cartire

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2adv2xl2 said:
In San Diego, it's Atlanta vs Carolina. Why would anyone here give to hoots about that game? Well, it's wake up early and hit a sports bar for breakfast and bloody marys I suppose.

My brother and Dad are in San Diego, they go to Scooters (I think thats whats its called) a Seahawks bar that plays the game every week.

EDIT: sorry, its called Thrusters.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wow, Buck and Aikman get to cover the Cowboys AND the Packers? They might jizz themselves with excitement over JUST HOW GOOD BOTH THESE TEAMS ARE.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1pazrrgq said:
GeekHawk":1pazrrgq said:

My brother and Dad are in San Diego, they go to Scooters (I think thats whats its called) a Seahawks bar that plays the game every week.

I went there a couple weeks ago. Opens at 11, except it opened at 11:30 for no reason. Several small-ish TVs, for some reason they felt the need to turn down the sound on all TVs after every play and crank up a DJ with 'thump-thump' "music" at a very high volume until the very instant the ball was snapped, then back to the music when the whistle blew. Very odd vibe for a sports bar, I didn't enjoy it much and won't be back. Oh, and try as I might I couldn't make them understand the concept of a Pacific Northwest red beer (cheap beer on top of about 1/4 glass of tomato juice - not hard to do, please don't put in those 3 tablespoons of black pepper!).

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2i10pg14 said:
This sucks. While my cable company carries both DC and Baltimore stations for ABC, NBC, and CBS, it's DC only for FOX, so I get stuck with Washington-Chicago.

You should try putting up an antenna on your computer. I bet you could get Baltimore Fox.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1jsr8y58 said:
Cartire":1jsr8y58 said:
GeekHawk":1jsr8y58 said:

I went there a couple weeks ago. Opens at 11, except it opened at 11:30 for no reason. Several small-ish TVs, for some reason they felt the need to turn down the sound on all TVs after every play and crank up a DJ with 'thump-thump' "music" at a very high volume until the very instant the ball was snapped, then back to the music when the whistle blew. Very odd vibe for a sports bar, I didn't enjoy it much and won't be back. Oh, and try as I might I couldn't make them understand the concept of a Pacific Northwest red beer (cheap beer on top of about 1/4 glass of tomato juice - not hard to do, please don't put in those 3 tablespoons of black pepper!).

Who the heck wants to spend their time constantly changing the volume? Seems like a very strange use of resources for the bar.

Cartire

Reaction score
GeekHawk":rh3uvko6 said:
Cartire":rh3uvko6 said:
GeekHawk":rh3uvko6 said:

That blows. I went there a few years ago and it was fun. The game was on all the TV's and there were a ton of fans. I dont even remember music. I guess they changed it up.

Boiler

Reaction score
HawkGA":q7xakxwq said:
I wasn't really expecting to get the game on local TV this weekend, but it burns me to see the coverage stop at my state's border in favor of Carolina-Atlanta. I don't know why the Colorado market is expected to be mostly interested in that game.

http://506sports.com/

Thanks for posting. I for one am happy the game isn't on in Colorado. They black it out on the Sunday Ticket when they broadcast it locally, and last week they moved to another game halfway through the third quarter. Thankfully I was watching it live so I could switch channels, but I would have been furious if I had been recording it.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
HawkGA":2yhoisfj said:
SeatownJay":2yhoisfj said:

You should try putting up an antenna on your computer. I bet you could get Baltimore Fox.
I live in an apartment complex. I can't put an antenna up. It's ok, though. I have a way to watch on my computer.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3jkye1nn said:
HawkGA":3jkye1nn said:
SeatownJay":3jkye1nn said:

I live in an apartment complex. I can't put an antenna up. It's ok, though. I have a way to watch on my computer.
Not a big antenna, just something you plug into yourTV. Can get them at Walmart for $20

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
GeekHawk":hwti5xxi said:
Cartire":hwti5xxi said:
GeekHawk":hwti5xxi said:

Yo Geek, Where did you end up going for future reference?

Thrusters was ok for a bar, but apparently not for viewing. The tvs were small and in a couple of corners and one on the wall facing the bartender. Very smallish place. And yes they did have a juke in there when we went to the ball game there. I remember it being a bit loud while the night before party was going on.