This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Baltimore Ravens

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Finally! A blowout! Our Hawks suddenly look to be in playoff form for some reason. I really didn't see that one coming. A 10 am game against an 8-3 team that was fighting for the playoffs, and we crushed it! The media can talk all they want about the injuries the Vike's sustained, but zero injuries wouldn't have helped them much. We would've blown 'em out anyways. Russ is just looking like the Russ we all know from the last few seasons, and the O-line, with Tom Cable's coaching, has seemed to put it together. And the defense is back to it's swarming self. Very impressive! The next 3 games look pretty managable if we play like we did today, setting us up for a massive statement game against the Cards. Jeez... why am I salivating? :3: :twisted:

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"Official" board

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/index.php?act=idx

Ravens 24x7

http://www.ravens247.com/forum/

Ravens Insider (Scout)

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=118

The Baltimore Sun newspaper Ravens forum

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/forum/7-ravens/

If you know of any I missed, please post below.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
sign.png

Blaze

Reaction score
one of the posts on their official board made me laugh:

"This is going to be ugly "the pick 6 God" against their resurgent defense. Hide the women and children!"

morgulon1

Reaction score
"Never bet on games before the season starts. You're out a hundred bro."

Sorry, that made me laugh a little. But listen, as much as I hate other NFL teams, I've always had a little bit of a soft spot for Baltimore. I don't hate them. I don't know why. I cheered for them to kick SF ass in the superb owl.

For that, they have my respect. They're just having a shit season. We know plenty about that. Ravens have a great team and coach. Bet your ass they'll be back.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Haha, at least they have a sense of humor. No bitterness about their unfortunate circumstances. A few even seem to be rooting for the Hawks to take it all the way to SBL, since their chances are pretty much gone. Gotta respect that. Good luck to the Ravens! :thirishdrinkers:

byau

Reaction score
I've felt a kinship with the Ravens community almost all season. The parallels... previous SB winners, always in the race for the SB, superb defense with a good offense, and then for whatever reason this particular season things just not working out this season as it should be.

I definitely was feeling it after the Arizona loss and felt the Seahawks had a very miniscule chance to get into the playoffs, even with winning out, a lot of things would have to align.

If you think about it: Just a few lucky and unlucky breaks here and there it's possible our positions are swapped, we are the "washed out" SB contenders, and they are the ones that somehow still manage the resilience to stay in it and have a realistic chance to make the playoffs with momentum

Seriously good luck to Baltimore (after this Sunday). I do hope they get back on track, one of the few AFC teams i like.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
The Ravens have had a very unfortunate season of injuries.
QB Flacco
WR Smith
RB Forsett
OLB Suggs
...all out for the season.

That's the equivalent of losing
Wilson
Graham
Lynch
Bennett

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ravens fans have been usually pretty cool from my experience, and they hate the stealers and that fanbase just as much or more than most of us do. :th2thumbs:

Largent80

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1fop00dk said:
Largent80":1fop00dk said:
Not a hater, but I want an injury free game and another Hawks road win.

Very well said, sir! :thirishdrinkers:

Thank you sir, and since the Hawks more than likely will have to get to the SB via the road, winning the remaining 2 games is a very good way to build.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2dqshe6n said:
QB Flacco
WR Smith
RB Forsett
OLB Suggs

Wilson
Graham
Lynch
Bennett

Pitta and a whole host of TEs/WRs have gone down for the season.

I just moved to Colorado from MD earlier this year, and to my disappointment I'd be able to get cheap ass tickets to the Ravens game (finally). Are you going?

Zorn76

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if we win big, but can't overlook Anybody.
Was happy when Ravens beat SF in SB 47, since I live 15 min from Levi Stadium.

Pretty indifferent to this team in general. They're easier to like since Ray "I didn't do it" Lewis left.

nash72

Reaction score
I liked this quote-

and they have a top-5 pass defense to go against our Uncle Rico and band of lost boys. :D

I like the Ravens though. Wife has a ton of family that lives in Maryland who are diehard fans. Plus they hate the Steelers probably more than we do.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Yeah, I've always liked the Ravens too. The last few years I've considered them the AFC version of us, the way we play the game. For our sake right now, I'm glad they're down 'cause if they were up to full strength, well.... It would have been a challenge to say the least. And it also would have been a national spotlight game that most certainly would not have been flexed to 10 am...

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":wwmjx7dn said:
QB Flacco
WR Smith
RB Forsett
OLB Suggs

Wilson
Graham
Lynch
Bennett

hmm 2/4.. halfway there. *crosses finger, knocks on wood****