Patrick Lewis...

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone can provide some insight, maybe some .gifs or youtube footage as to why our OL unit is so much better with him at C. My thinking is the rest of the OL just feels more comfortable with him in there at C. It's all about cohesiveness, you got my back and I got yours and I think the OL has found that with Lewis...had that with Lewis. Go Hawks!

Sorry, I cannot contain myself watching Wilson have time in the pocket and actually going thru progressions, and finding a receiver. It's so beautiful to watch. So, again, Go Hawks!

We're firing on all cylinders boys! Go Hawks!

Go Hawks!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It has much less to do with Lewis than it does with Britt and Gilliam becoming comfortable at their new positions. The line was also started playing well in pass pro with Nowak in there as the starter.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
You may have a point, but I think Lewis is a huge factor. If that change was made earlier, might have been a game or 2 more in the win column.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
Lewis is calling out the correct pass protection adjustments pre-snap when the Defense shows blitz. This is what Nowak (and RW) was struggling with earlier this season. It what Unger handled last year, and Lewis is getting it done now.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lewis has always been good at that, just not vocal before and they said his pass protection was better then his run blocking I think it was, it was the opposite of the rookie anyway. Pete challenged him to step up the communication, that would make Britt and Gilliam look better as well. Additionally the pace of the plays coming in, the spread option combined with the read option on offense spread the field, Wilson getting ball out on shorter developing plays helping the line and himself all combined for what we see.

kearly

Reaction score
It's a little bit of a chicken / egg question. But to my eyes, it seemed like the OL wasn't all that much better when Lewis first came in. But when Rawls came in, it was night and day with the OL. I think Rawls made the OL look good and got those guys to feel more confident.

Latest posts