So when Lynch is back...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
They should be shared a bit more reasonably. I'd hope Rawls gets at least one third of the touches

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Id like to rotate him in see he can get big burst plays (maybe a beast run) without running him into the ground. 10 carries maybe sounds good or a couple drives, good change up.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Lynch should be the starter, if only in title. I'd probably shoot for 50-50 split, but only if Marshawn quickly shows he's back to good form. If not, I would not hesitate to drastically limit his snaps.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Both in on either side of RW is a nightmare for a D

King Dog

Reaction score
Nothing I've seen from Lynch THIS season suggests he should be the starter when he comes back.

Rob12

Reaction score
Saw it another thread and loved it. Start Brawls, giving him most of the first half touches, and finish them off with a fresh Beast in the second half.

That would kill defenses.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rob12":xyrykvt8 said:
Saw it another thread and loved it. Start Brawls, giving him most of the first half touches, and finish them off with a fresh Beast in the second half.

That would kill defenses.

Agreed, but politically it would never happen. Lynch will get his touches and Rawls will spell him. The only thing that changes that equation is if Lynch is tired or hurt in the second half.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Never ever thought I would say this, but our offense this year functions better without him.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Can't see him coming back unless we make the playoffs. With Tampa bay holding the tie breaker over us at moment with an easy schedule remaining, the Hawks still need to reach 10 wins to make the playoffs.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":1qe249y2 said:
Can't see him coming back unless we make the playoffs. With Tampa bay holding the tie breaker over us at moment with an easy schedule remaining, the Hawks still need to reach 10 wins to make the playoffs.

Tampa and Seattle could both make the playoffs, although I see Tampa at 8-8 personally.

Vikes have a tough final four games. They may end up 9-7.

9 wins probably gets us in. 10 does for sure.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":2k4z74sb said:

I agree that it is functioning better without him now than it was earlier when he was in. However, our o-line started picking it up around the time he went out, and if the same holes are there when he returns, how much fun will that be?

:th2thumbs:

Rob12

Reaction score
iigakusei":31y3y5rm said:
Never ever thought I would say this, but our offense this year functions better without him.

I don't think that's the least bit fair. Make no mistake, Beast would be doing his usual thing if he was able to play. The offense as a whole is so much better now than earlier in the season.

This line was in its infancy when he was healthy. I don't think it's all that fair to make that statement.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Rob12":3f98oqwk said:
iigakusei":3f98oqwk said:

I don't think that's the least bit fair. Make no mistake, Beast would be doing his usual thing if he was able to play. The offense as a whole is so much better now than earlier in the season.

This line was in its infancy when he was healthy. I don't think it's all that fair to make that statement.

But don't you think Rawls at least has something to do with making the OL look better? Perhaps his style is better suited for this particular OL. Didn't Kearly have some Wilson stats that he has been way better with Rawls in there too?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Lynch with fresh legs going against beat-up defenses, especially in the second half of playoff games is a huge advantage.

olyfan63

Reaction score
iigakusei":dmywxfv8 said:
Rob12":dmywxfv8 said:
iigakusei":dmywxfv8 said:

But don't you think Rawls at least has something to do with making the OL look better? Perhaps his style is better suited for this particular OL. Didn't Kearly have some Wilson stats that he has been way better with Rawls in there too?

Rawls hits the holes much quicker than the sluggish Beastmode we've had much of the year.
And yes, the OL is blocking better and a healthy Lynch will benefit greatly from it too when he returns.

I think Rawls still gets his snaps and maybe 60/40 Beast or 50/50. Thunder and Lightning. Lynch and Rawls.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
olyfan63":aeo3zg1e said:
Rawls hits the holes much quicker than the sluggish Beastmode we've had much of the year...

Don't you think maybe this hernia wasn't a sudden thing and might have been making him a bit "sluggish" while he played through some pain?

It could well be the old Beast when he gets back.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I just hope that Lynch doesn't come back until after week 16. I have Rawls as my main RB in both my FF leagues. Honestly though, we have been playing much better with Rawls and I only want the Beast back if he is in full force. That would be a divine backfield for sure.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":3dtkpmnk said:
Lots a folks were saying the same thing about Russell Wilson earlier in the Season, but that was when most of the O-Line was still sprouting pubic hairs.....They've come a long way since.
I love me some BEASTMODE, but IMO?, he will need to be at full health to be at full function, and Rawls would nee to start falling on his face to lose the lions share of the carries.