Five Hunert

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, this hasn't been posted (didn't find it anyway) and it's something that I've been keeping tabs on for quite a few years. With a win over the Vikes Sunday, the Seahawks would have a .500 regular season record for the first time since they were 0-0 way back in 1976.

Counting postseason, last Sunday's win over the Steelers actually got us there:

Regular season record: 311-312
Postseason record: 14-13

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... ayoffs.htm

Thought we'd get there under Holmgren, but his 4-12 season in 2008 and then Mora's one and done 5-11 record in 2009 set us back quite a bit.
Pete has made the long climb back and we're finally almost there.

Yeah, it's .500, the epitome of "mediocre", right?

In comparison, our '76 Expansion brothers, the Bucs, are 240-382-1.
(As an aside, pretty incredible that the Seahawks have never had a tie in ~40 years. Jags & Texans are the only other active teams never to have tied.)

While reaching the .500 mark as a franchise may not be reason to bust out the champagne, it's been in my crosshairs for years. Keep in mind that when the 'Hawks & Bucs entered the NFL, they were given scraps and began their journeys behind the 8 Ball, unlike the '95 expansion Jags & Panthers, who both reached their respective conference championships in only their second season thanks to being gifted with fairly stacked rosters.

TL;DR: we're nearly average. Woohoo!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Near a .500 mark...and a RING! (and an * and a doh!) That's ok. I love this team win or lose. Working on my man cave to be completed soon...pics to follow.

irocdave

Reaction score
Glad you brought this up, I remember posting something similar a couple years ago right before our first SB win. Have to put * in that as the Hawks had zero chance in their first opportunity to win the first. It would be so appropriate that the Hawks get the franchise's head above the aggregate win average with PA as owner. PC and JS are great, so was MH, but the owner plays a huge part in the entire equation. Paul Allen's stability at the ownership position has had a huge impact on this franchise. He is the one that cut bait with Erickson and Jim Mora, name another owner that jumped in when it was obvious it wasn't working as quickly, financial hit be damned.

It does really start at the top, so I start with thanking Paul Allen. After seeing his decisions since taking over ownership of the Hawks, there is no doubt in my mind that when PC moves on PA will make the right decisions to keep the franchise moving forward. I don't see the credit going to him much on this forum, must have something to do with all those posters in SLU about booting out the enemy of Seattle, Amazon and the other companies that occupy Vulcans developments.

Looking at you North Gate, Capital and Queen Ann Hill supposed Hawk fans.....

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Paul Allen would come out on the "plus side" financially if he were to ever sell the franchise.....and that would prove to be a great surprise to everyone.

Maulbert

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":76lg3wim said:
To the best of my knowledge, this hasn't been posted (didn't find it anyway) and it's something that I've been keeping tabs on for quite a few years. With a win over the Vikes Sunday, the Seahawks would have a .500 regular season record for the first time since they were 0-0 way back in 1976.

Counting postseason, last Sunday's win over the Steelers actually got us there:

Regular season record: 311-312
Postseason record: 14-13

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... ayoffs.htm

Thought we'd get there under Holmgren, but his 4-12 season in 2008 and then Mora's one and done 5-11 record in 2009 set us back quite a bit.
Pete has made the long climb back and we're finally almost there.

Yeah, it's .500, the epitome of "mediocre", right?

In comparison, our '76 Expansion brothers, the Bucs, are 240-382-1.
(As an aside, pretty incredible that the Seahawks have never had a tie in ~40 years. Jags & Texans are the only other active teams never to have tied.)

While reaching the .500 mark as a franchise may not be reason to bust out the champagne, it's been in my crosshairs for years. Keep in mind that when the 'Hawks & Bucs entered the NFL, they were given scraps and began their journeys behind the 8 Ball, unlike the '95 expansion Jags & Panthers, who both reached their respective conference championships in only their second season thanks to being gifted with fairly stacked rosters.

TL;DR: we're nearly average. Woohoo!

I've actually been waiting in hopes of posting this when we reached .500, but you stole my thunder, darn you! ;)

OP
OP
SeahawksBMX

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and sorry for being a thunder burglar, maulbert!
I figured if we drop the Minny game we should get there with the Old Browns & New Browns up next, but I just couldn't wait any longer.
Huge game Sunday. The dreaded 10 am start, but looks like temp should be right around 40° with no precipitation. For an outdoor December game in Minnesota, that's about as good as it gets!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
This is cool. I think the past couple of years has put us in the middle somewhere in regards of franchise success. Not exactly sure where but saw it in an article recently.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Been wondering about this all year. I remember noticing that we would likely become a 'winning' team sometime this year, but didn't know when. Thanks!