Interesting Nex Gen Stat

Hawks46

Reaction score
So I was reading a blurb on Nex Gen stats, and this one came up (a bit surprising to me)

"Speaking of Packers wideouts, Doug Baldwin has supplanted a drop-prone Randall Cobb as the league's most productive receiver out of the slot. All six of Baldwin's receptions for 145 yards and three touchdowns versus the Steelers came from the slot. He now leads all receivers with 662 yards out of the slot, while posting the highest yards-per-catch average (14.71) among players with at least 40 percent of their snaps in the slot. With Jimmy Graham out for the season, the Seahawks will need that Russell Wilson-to-Baldwin connection to continue firing on all cylinders."

So I knew he was having a better season than last year, and he's been coming on the last couple of games, but with the OL woes and Wilson's struggles the first half of the year, I didn't really think anything about our run first offense would be ranked in the top for passing.

I didn't see it here, but I know Doug is also near the top of the league in catches per target and least amount of drops.

sutz

Reaction score
He's a baller, for sure. Has been that way from the beginning. We're lucky to have him.

I guess he's a great teammate, too.

:th2thumbs:

Smellyman

Reaction score
Impressive.

He is reliable, no dropsies, quick and gets open. What's not to like

Rob12

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin has grown a lot this season.

Glad we have him. He's extremely underrated. Hasn't dropped a pass in more than a year.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Baldwin isn't a Pro Bowl Wide Receiver. However, he has always been a really solid option. Without a doubt the most reliable receiver on our team and maybe even one of the most consistent receivers in the entire NFL. I just hope either PRich, Lockett or both can develop in top flight receivers so Baldwin will get even more opportunities to make big plays against the number 2 and 3 CBs of other teams.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Golden Tate was a pro-bowl WR in a high-volume offense.

I think Baldwin is better WR (more consistent, more natural) than Tate.

I think you put ADB within the right offense the dude could put 1200+ yards, 8+ TDs easily.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I don't know about more natural than Tate. Tate has sttrength and quickness and is unbelievable at high pointing balls. He can play slot and outside, great at screens and can go deep.

They both never drop balls.