Wilson in the pocket

Ozzy

Reaction score
Wilson is #1 in completion percentage and #2 in passer rating from inside the pocket.

Just thought I'd share. :)

Smellyman

Reaction score
He has had good numbers previous years too.

He also set the highest passer rating ever in college.

The ignorance of people thinking he shouldn't be good at it is the limiting factor

Smellyman

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":yiogvxyy said:
If this is true then it's too bad that he leaves it early so often.

Leaving the pocket means there aren't as many throw aways or picks. Leaving the pocket is also what makes RW..RW and more dangerous than your average qb. Does he leave too quick sometimes, of course, but I would never want that part of his game to go away.

The pocket reallly ddin't exist either the first 5 games.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Yes.. We want that part to go away. The leaving the pocket too quickly.

His creativity is wonderful but I think we all agree we want that to be plan b.

RussB

Reaction score
He could always be a pocket passer, he just is so good as a running QB that he leaves the pocket sometimes when he doesn't really need to. Either way hes a top 10 QB. Anyone who disagrees is a hater .

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Also moved his way up to #4 overall in passer rating.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1ot3e8al said:
If this is true then it's too bad that he leaves it early so often.

:pukeface: only here can our QB do something great and have some moronic post trying to make light of it

Tical21

Reaction score
It only makes sense right. As Anthony! has so eloquently pointed out 4 billion times in the past 8 days, Russell only throws the ball when his receivers are wide open. Shouldn't he, then, have a really high completion percentage on those passes?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tical21":11i9bqb5 said:
It only makes sense right. As Anthony! has so eloquently pointed out 4 billion times in the past 8 days, Russell only throws the ball when his receivers are wide open. Shouldn't he, then, have a really high completion percentage on those passes?

Sarcasm aside, and not to piss in Anthony!'s cheerios, but the stats can be misleading. Pure passer rating doesn't take into account sacks taken, and a lot of the sacks were on Russ. That said, I'm still surprised he's that high up in pocket passer rating.

I would've thought Brady and Newton would've been having better years from the pocket.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawks46":1g7dpa8t said:
Tical21":1g7dpa8t said:

Sarcasm aside, and not to piss in Anthony!'s cheerios, but the stats can be misleading. Pure passer rating doesn't take into account sacks taken, and a lot of the sacks were on Russ. That said, I'm still surprised he's that high up in pocket passer rating.

I would've thought Brady and Newton would've been having better years from the pocket.

Actually not0 a lot were on Russ, according to ESPN only 10, and of course there are the many many sacks that did not happen thanks to Russ, but hey we cant count them they make Russ look good. Passer rating is the excepted Stat for QBs so until another ones become accepted we will have to go with it, well and the plethora of others that all say the same thing he is really good As to tical post I never said that but hey your posts reek of lies and hate so why should I expect less. You 2 made my point only on this board can our QB do something great and have people try to make light of it. I would have said fans but I am not sure some of them are.

HHawk121

Reaction score
I've always thought he could if he didn't feel the heat coming. With the guys up front protecting him the way they have this season, I would doubt my backside too... Anyone else notice he almost never does his fran tarkenton scrambles anymore?

Smellyman

Reaction score
HHawk121":3dzmwrdj said:
I've always thought he could if he didn't feel the heat coming. With the guys up front protecting him the way they have this season, I would doubt my backside too... Anyone else notice he almost never does his fran tarkenton scrambles anymore?

Through the first half of the season, I thought the OL would ruin his career. Not so much physically, but mentally. Lewis has been a great stabilizer. Britt and Gilliam are settling down.

Tical21

Reaction score
Anthony!":186lt12k said:
Hawks46":186lt12k said:
Tical21":186lt12k said:

Actually not0 a lot were on Russ, according to ESPN only 10, and of course there are the many many sacks that did not happen thanks to Russ, but hey we cant count them they make Russ look good. Passer rating is the excepted Stat for QBs so until another ones become accepted we will have to go with it, well and the plethora of others that all say the same thing he is really good As to tical post I never said that but hey your posts reek of lies and hate so why should I expect less. You 2 made my point only on this board can our QB do something great and have people try to make light of it. I would have said fans but I am not sure some of them are.
So that wasn't you writing on your account that bombarded every Russell Wilson thread last week whining about how Pete doesn't let him take chances and only lets him throw when the receivers are wide open? Wasn't that your big argument to the handcuffs Russell Wilson is under? Let me see if I can get this right. Bad line, like what happens with Rodgers, bad running game, no receivers, and a head coach that only lets him throw if the guys are wide open. That wasn't your quote? Hmmm, sorry, musta been mistaken.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":3nayr6ys said:

The ignorance of people thinking he shouldn't be good at it is the limiting factor
Careful now, there are some around here that don't want you, or anyone else for that matter, to get too happy, or feel positive about being a Russell Wilson Fan.
They'll say things like, "I don't want to piss in anyone's cheerios", and then turn right around and piss in the cheerios.

Anthony!

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1tolqcys said:
Smellyman":1tolqcys said:

Careful now, there are some around here that don't want you, or anyone else for that matter, to get too happy, or feel positive about being a Russell Wilson Fan.
They'll say things like, "I don't want to piss in anyone's cheerios", and then turn right around and piss in the cheerios.

:lol:

Rob12

Reaction score
austinslater25":2qgqdl94 said:
Wilson is #1 in completion percentage and #2 in passer rating from inside the pocket.

Just thought I'd share. :)

Weird, because that doesn't fit the national narrative that he's not a "real QB," and the key is to flush him out of the pocket. You know, make him stand in there and make throws.

Guess Russ showed those folks where to shove it.

Rob12

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with him leaving the pocket, though. I trust that when he does, he needs to get to an area where he can see more downfield and what his receivers are doing. That's not a knock on him. It's just part of who he is as a player. Many players have limitations, and I think at times he bails so that he can see the field better. We automatically assume it's him getting happy feet, but I think there's a lot more to it than that.

Either way, inside or outside the pocket, he's lethal. Worth every penny.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
It seems nobody complains when Steve Young ran for yardage or Rodgers runs out of the pocket to get better angles. Same lazy narrative to prove Wilson is short I guess.
The truth is he will have problems seeing the field at times with the way this line struggles--any qb would. Leaving the pocket at times HAS KEPT HIM HEALTHY and added to the rushing threat. Not to mention Wilson is accurate passing on the run and tough to hit when moving. Ultimately his play buys time for receivers and opens up the field of vision for him so this is not something you want to give up.