Seahawks Free agents after this season

jammerhawk

Reaction score
According to spotrac

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ ... -seahawks/

The team is going to have a very interesting( read: tough decisions to make) offseason where there could be some major personnel changes.

I can see the FO is going to have some very extremely difficult decisions to make with several veterans being allowed to shop themselves. Some of those decisions with be controversial and make not work out to allow the team to keep their window of effective competitiveness open.

marko358

Reaction score
You think they'd dare let Sweezy and/or Okung go? I can't stand to watch another experiment on the O-line.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Kind of wild Jesse Williams is going to be a free agent. He's never not been on IR, has he?

Jville

Reaction score
Error Alert and Correction

Spotrac is incorrect in listing DeShawn Shead as an unrestricted free agent in 2016.

Over the Cap (OTC) correctly lists DeShawn Shead as a restricted free agent for 2016.

In 2012, Shead was move from the practice squad to the regular roster on December 5, 2012. However no games were credited to him for the 2012 season according to seahawks.com statistics. Confirmation is reinforced and found at Football Outsiders where DeShawn's 2012 snap counts are listed as zero.

DeShawn Shead will clearly become a restricted free agent in 2016.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You just might see another development OLine next year .

The team is going to have to make some really difficult decisions.These 26 players present use up about $33.50 mil. Not all of them are top 51 contracts so those won't count against the cap but some familiar names will likely be gone as the team won't pay them the market value they might attract. The team will make those players an offer but it will be a lowball offer.

Their UFAs are:
1. LT- Okung *
2. DT- Mebane *
3. OLB/DE- Irvin *
4. DT- Rubin *
5. WR- Kearse *
6. RG- Sweezy *
7. QB- Jackson
8. P- Ryan
9. CB- Lane *
DELETED 10. DB/CB- Shead he appears correctly to be a RFA
11. FB- Tukuafu
12. WR- Lockette
13. OLB- Morgan
14. RB- Jackson *
15. DL- Dobbs
16. OC- Jeanpierre *

Of the UFAs I have put a star beside players I suspect we won't be able to keep either by not being able to pay what they want, or just not keeping them. My belief is the team will really want to try to keep Okung, Irvin, Sweezy, & Lane and may do so though I suspect Irvin and Okung will be gone as will Lane and maybe Shead and each could get paid big $ elsewhere. I suspect the team won't make a huge effort to keep Mebane. The others will mostly settle or mid market deals, some here, some elsewhere. Those kept will depend upon what happens in the draft.

RFAs are:
1. OL- Bailey
2. OC- Lewis
3. FB- Coleman
4. TE- Helfet
5. LB- Moody
EDIT added 6. CB/DB- Shead as he appears correctly to be a RFA

I think the only guys that get a significant RFA offer (2nd rd) are Lewis and Shead. All the others will be too expensive, most all of them are undrafted players except Moody. Bailey wants to move and has said so. So unless he changes his mind the best he'd attract is a RFR offer and that is a lot to pay for a backup. Several may sign back for 1 yr. deals.

ERFAs are:
1. DB- Terrell
2. CB- Burley
3. DT- Williams
4. CB- Seisay
5. LB- Pinkins

I'd think the team will try to keep all these guys.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
For the love of god, please don't let Jon Ryan go. :cry:

rcaido

Reaction score
John Ryan is the only one i really care about! He's part of the core.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the salary cap has risen, and will likely continue to rise in 2016. I believe the current estimates put it on the short end of 147 million to as high as 155. Nothing official of course yet.

Some of those players will be re-signed. Others won't. It's the nature of the business.

drdiags

Reaction score
So 26 total Free Agents but 5 are RFA and 5 are ERFA.

The remaining 16 have some tough decisions to make:

Russell Okung LT 28 SEA TBD $7,280,000 UFA
Brandon Mebane DT 30 SEA TBD $5,700,000 UFA
Bruce Irvin OLB 25 SEA TBD $2,895,542 UFA
Ahtyba Rubin DT 29 SEA TBD $2,600,000 UFA
Jermaine Kearse WR 25 SEA TBD $2,356,000 UFA
J.R. Sweezy G 26 SEA TBD $1,556,212 UFA
Tarvaris Jackson QB 32 SEA TBD $1,500,000 UFA
Jon Ryan P 34 SEA TBD $1,500,000 UFA
Michael Morgan OLB 27 SEA TBD $1,000,000 UFA
Jeremy Lane CB 25 SEA TBD $691,279 UFA
Will Tukuafu FB 31 SEA TBD $665,000 UFA
Demarcus Dobbs DE 28 SEA TBD $665,000 UFA
Ricardo Lockette WR 29 SEA TBD $660,000 UFA
Deshawn Shead FS 27 SEA TBD $660,000 UFA
Fred Jackson RB 34 SEA TBD $615,000 UFA
Lemuel Jeanpierre C 28 SEA TBD $378,529 UFA

I think Mebane, Irvin and Okung will walk. Maybe they try to do something with Shead, Lane, Morgan and Ryan. Not sure what they do with Kearse or if he finds a market for his services out there. He can make big catches but I am unsure of his value.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Hope we keep Jon Ryan. He's awesome.

Oh well. As Bobby Wagner said: " Can't keep everybody "

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My original post was wrong as the number of UFAs is actually 15 with 6 RFAs (added Shead) and 5 UDFAs.

Spotrac is apparently wrong about Shead being a UFA. He was however undrafted and if exposed to the open market may attract an offer better than $2.35 mil or so which would be the 2nd rd tender.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Pretty sure Mebane won't be kept. He's a good player but he's getting quite old and relatively expensive.

If Irvin stayed for about the same amount he'll probably be kept but seeing as he wants more I doubt he'll be with us next year.

Okung and Sweezy really depend on whether we draft replacements with high picks or not.

Ryan should definitely be kept and I feel like Lane and Shead are worth keeping around as well.

I feel like we should keep Rubin if we lose Mebane.

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell Okung LT 28 SEA TBD $7,280,000 UFA
Brandon Mebane DT 30 SEA TBD $5,700,000 UFA
Bruce Irvin OLB 25 SEA TBD $2,895,542 UFA
Ahtyba Rubin DT 29 SEA TBD $2,600,000 UFA
Jermaine Kearse WR 25 SEA TBD $2,356,000 UFA
J.R. Sweezy G 26 SEA TBD $1,556,212 UFA
Tarvaris Jackson QB 32 SEA TBD $1,500,000 UFA
Jon Ryan P 34 SEA TBD $1,500,000 UFA
Michael Morgan OLB 27 SEA TBD $1,000,000 UFA
Jeremy Lane CB 25 SEA TBD $691,279 UFA
Will Tukuafu FB 31 SEA TBD $665,000 UFA
Demarcus Dobbs DE 28 SEA TBD $665,000 UFA
Ricardo Lockette WR 29 SEA TBD $660,000 UFA
Deshawn Shead FS 27 SEA TBD $660,000 UFA
Fred Jackson RB 34 SEA TBD $615,000 UFA
Lemuel Jeanpierre C 28 SEA TBD $378,529 UFA

Red Gone , Green Keep of those as UFA's or at least we give them an offer, Irvin may bolt regardless if he can go to Atlanta. But I think he will get an offer.

Rob12

Reaction score
Bruce isn't 25. He's 28, and will turn 29 halfway through the 2016 season.

Gametime

Reaction score
As long as the Ginga Ninja is back I'm good!!

But seriously, I think we need to take into account the players they may release or trade as well.

Lynch? Graham? Cary Williams?

LOT's of money there, plus the salary cap increase....... I think we'll be fine personally.

I think this is Lynch's last year here as much as that sucks. Father time is undefeated and it's at least easier to palate the way Rawls has looked. I can't see Cary Williams sticking when he is getting 7mil and IA for a playoff run? Graham is a tough one. The injury he has is not a walk in the park by any means. Tough to recover from and let's say we do actually win out and do well in the playoffs without him? How do you justify that salary next year when we won't him anything at the expense of an Irvin, Sweezy, or Okung? Or at least having money for other free agent signings?

Not to mention the Chancellor and Bennett off season that you KNOW is not going to be quiet.

It will be filled with news and shake ups to say the least but let's all hope we have this convo again in February and not early January!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Meh. I don't see a tough decision on the entire list and I doubt the Seahawks will be outpriced on any player if they want to keep them.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Gametime":1t844hnj said:
As long as the Ginga Ninja is back I'm good!!

But seriously, I think we need to take into account the players they may release or trade as well.

Lynch? Graham? Cary Williams?

LOT's of money there, plus the salary cap increase....... I think we'll be fine personally.

I think this is Lynch's last year here as much as that sucks. Father time is undefeated and it's at least easier to palate the way Rawls has looked. I can't see Cary Williams sticking when he is getting 7mil and IA for a playoff run? Graham is a tough one. The injury he has is not a walk in the park by any means. Tough to recover from and let's say we do actually win out and do well in the playoffs without him? How do you justify that salary next year when we won't him anything at the expense of an Irvin, Sweezy, or Okung? Or at least having money for other free agent signings?

Not to mention the Chancellor and Bennett off season that you KNOW is not going to be quiet.

It will be filled with news and shake ups to say the least but let's all hope we have this convo again in February and not early January!

If Chancellor still wants to be restructured, trade him.
Give Bennett a raise with the way he plays.
I like Rubin.
Keep Ryan. SEAHAWK FOR LIFE!!
Graham... man thats a tough one.
Williams... pfft man i was wrong.
Lynch.. who knows. I hope he retires a HAWK though. Put 24 in the ROH
Kearse.. keep him for cheap but if he wants to walk so be it.
Draft line and let most of the rest walk.

but there is a reason I build planes and not run football teams

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pretty sure we'll keep Kearse, though he may get back down to the 1.5M range... or not. He will be a big part of whatever season ending and playoff run we have. The chemistry and trust he and Wilson have is huge.
Funny but the Kearse-is-MIA threads made me break down his key plays. In doing that, I came to appreciate his game more and more and now I understand why the 'Hawks value him as much as they do.

I hope they make offers to Irvin and Okung, but don't overpay...
And Damn! but it's time to hit a little better in the draft. Fewer Christine Michael's, and more Tyler Locketts and Bobby Wagners.

Latest posts