Tharold Simon

edogg23

Reaction score
What is his status? I know he got placed on IR but for what exactly, and is he eligible to rejoin the team this year if he gets healthy? We could really use him out there!

Alexander

Reaction score
edogg23":3ir2lluj said:
What is his status? I know he got placed on IR but for what exactly, and is he eligible to rejoin the team this year if he gets healthy? We could really use him out there!

He was put on season-ending IR to fix a toe that kept dislocating. The IR-to-return (each team only gets one) was used on Brock Coyle, who should be eligible to return soon.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
He always seems to be hurt but, yeah we sure could use him.
Isn't he on IR still? Turning out to be a bust IMO.

Seymour

Reaction score
His current status is....Walter Thurmond IV

OP
OP
E

edogg23

Reaction score
Alexander":1am221gz said:
edogg23":1am221gz said:

He was put on season-ending IR to fix a toe that kept dislocating. The IR-to-return (each team only gets one) was used on Brock Coyle, who should be eligible to return soon.
Thanks for the info! The move to use it on Bock Coyle is a head scratcher to me!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Tharold Simon sure has faced a lot of injury problems that have made him a regular in the training room where he has spent more time since being drafted than any other player except the DT- Jesse Williams. Simon will really need to have a healthy offseason and is in a prove it situation now.

I suspect the FO will not rely on him staying healthy. Simon has abilities but is still raw b/c he can't stay on the field long enough to become seasoned.

Alexander

Reaction score
edogg23":6px4mf61 said:
Alexander":6px4mf61 said:
edogg23":6px4mf61 said:

Thanks for the info! The move to use it on Bock Coyle is a head scratcher to me!

Who else would you have used it on?

Players on IR-to-return are not allowed to return sooner than 8 weeks, even if they are healthy before then. If you don't use it by week 8 or 9, you don't get the player back before the end of the regular season. They had no one else to use it on at the time (Simon wouldn't be able to recover/rehab in time to contribute at all this season), so it made sense.

There's this misconception that the IR-to-return should only be used on the team's "good" players, but this is not the case. Consider two players who are expected to be out for a long time, but not long enough to end their seasons. In that case, you can use IR-to-return on one, and keep the other one on the active roster. For the most part, it doesn't really matter which one you place on IR-to-return, because either way there's one roster spot being used on an injured player. But to the extent that it does matter, you probably want the lesser player on IR-to-return, in case the better player heals faster than 8 weeks. Because the better player is still on the roster, he can return at any point.

Now, what doesn't make sense is to use IR-to-return on players who are on the fringes of the roster, who may not stick to the roster anyway. Guys like BJ Daniels and Bryce Brown, who alternate between roster and practice squad. In that case you probably just want to IR the guy to free up a roster spot.

nash72

Reaction score
Simons awful. I cant believe he's even still on the team.

Subzero717

Reaction score
nash72":npcbv6yh said:
Simons awful. I cant believe he's even still on the team.
That's funny we sat a good enough to play Maxwell in a playoff game and started him and won. We didn't even have to change our scheme.