Replacing jimmy graham.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd like to see them do it with 2 players. Bring back Chris Matthews who's on the ravens practice squad to be a big receiver, then bring in a blocking tight end. Willson can hold down the starting job.

acbass

Reaction score
I was thinking about Tony Moeiaki (or however it's spelled). He played ok last year. What is he doing?

jkitsune

Reaction score
The comments from the coaching staff after Matthews' departure don't lead me to believe they would have much interest in trying to bring him back. Really, outside of one game he hasn't really shown anything to suggest he can be an effective receiver.

How is Cooper Helfet as a blocker, anyways?

Mojambo

Reaction score
People are still on about Chris Matthews?

Come on. It's over. He doesn't have the work ethic to hang here.

endzorn

Reaction score
I'd like to see the best blocking TE they can find on the scrap heap.

In the future, is Graham more valuable or his $9m in cap space next season?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
acbass":4kujc6al said:
I was thinking about Tony Moeiaki (or however it's spelled). He played ok last year. What is he doing?

Retirement home (AKA the Falcons).

Jville

Reaction score
IIRC ......... TE RaShuan Allen currently resides on the Saints practice squad.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Would Zach Miller be game ready if we picked him up off the street? It's been well over a year I think sine his injuries. Or is he completely retired?

I'm guessing they move Helfet up the depth chart. They did play Kellen Davis in 2013 at points and I remember him scoring a TD, is he still at the Jets?

I'd rather Helfet than Anthony McCoy.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":mwcxgx0o said:
Would Zach Miller be game ready if we picked him up off the street? It's been well over a year I think sine his injuries. Or is he completely retired?

I'm guessing they move Helfet up the depth chart. They did play Kellen Davis in 2013 at points and I remember him scoring a TD, is he still at the Jets?

I'd rather Helfet than Anthony McCoy.

Last I checked McCoy is on the Redskins. I think it's very telling that Zach couldn't pass a physical this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
I wonder if Tony Gonzalez is still in football shape, said he wanted to play in a Super Bowl. He has a chance here.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":sjz5s1fb said:
acbass":sjz5s1fb said:

Retirement home (AKA the Falcons).

Didn't catch that the Falcons brought him back in October. Thought he was a FA.

That kind of stinks. Dude is a hell of a blocker

peppersjap

Reaction score
acbass":2jejyz1o said:
I saw him Moiaki playing for someone today in the highlights, can't remember who though. As far as Mathews, I just want him to go away and not have to hear what we are missing without him. he was given an opportunity and did nothing with it outside of the Super Bowl. As for TE, we ended the season last year with Willson and Helfelt......time to do it again and step it up.

Rob12

Reaction score
Posted this in another thread, and thought it belonged here as well.

In the perspective of the NFL, this is a tragedy.

I think his time with the Seahawks could be over. The Seahawks do not owe Graham any guaranteed money after this season. He still has guaranteed money in his contract, but New Orleans is on the hook for that. For the Seahawks, a team that will be up against the cap a bit, it might not make sense to pay a recovering Graham next season. This is a brutal injury, and if he were to make it back to full strength, he would be the first. It wrecked Ryan Williams' career. He was a promising back for the Cardinals who had the same injury during his rookie year, and is now on the Cowboys' Practice Squad. He said the injury is devastating, and he wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy. Victor Cruz is another one that will likely never be the same player, but rather a shell of his former self.

It's devastating. Absolutely devastating. And quite frankly, it puts his career in serious jeopardy. I hate saying this, and I hate being a downer, but I think he's very likely done as a member of the Seattle Seahawks. I hope I am wrong and that he can set a new precedent with this type of injury. I really do.

This has been an insanely tough season. It is heart breaking to me that we never got to see the RW/Beast/JG trio at full strength. And just like that, it appears it was never to be.

Get well, Jimmy.

Rob12

Reaction score
Re: Chris Matthews, the dude can't play. I was on that bandwagon after the SB, and thought that he would be the second coming of Megatron. But he just can't play in this league consistently. Many NFL teams are razor thin at the WR position, and to be picked up by the Ravens, a team that is starving at the position, and not even be placed on the active roster is telling. That WR corps has been ravished by injuries, and yet Matthews is on their Practice Squad.

Rob12

Reaction score
And for the thread, the answer is Luke Willson. He's obviously been in the shadows this season but he is more than capable.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":34c2l7nw said:
They did play Kellen Davis in 2013 at points and I remember him scoring a TD, is he still at the Jets?

Last time I saw him he was doing punditry for Sky Sports.