O-line

OkieHawk

Reaction score
This may have been discussed in the game day forum, but I don't care. Wilson was given a pocket pretty much all game today, and he excelled. This is the second game that the o-line has provided consistent pockets, and look what has happened. If they continue to do so, then things are looking up people. :thirishdrinkers:

The Outfield

Reaction score
I think it looked pretty good today. It seemed bad at the beginning of the game, but improved later in the game.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
It's been ugly but the line has been slowly been progressing. Not perfect and it still needs to be addressed.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1yn777sz said:
They have been good the last 3-4 weeks.

They were slightly below average before last week. They are finally gelling and it shows. The potential and athleticism of the project players is paying off, I personally think it took too long this year though.

The important part is that they have been finally improving which is paying off with both Rawls and Russ.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Steelers pass rush and run D has been legit recently. I think the o-line did a great job

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Pretty much started playing better when Nowak was taken out of the lineup. The less defensive projects starting the better.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
OkieHawk":l0sudfwh said:
FlyingGreg":l0sudfwh said:

They were slightly below average before last week. They are finally gelling and it shows. The potential and athleticism of the project players is paying off, I personally think it took too long this year though.

The important part is that they have been finally improving which is paying off with both Rawls and Russ.

They were good vs Arizona also. Wilson just sucked for the most part.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":hstva7iw said:
OkieHawk":hstva7iw said:
FlyingGreg":hstva7iw said:

They were good vs Arizona also. Wilson just sucked for the most part.

Fair point, and I sit corrected.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
12thbrah":3liq2u5r said:
Steelers pass rush and run D has been legit recently. I think the o-line did a great job

Yeah and they did not hold back at all today, they sent a lot of heat.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't think Pit has much of a pass rush but regardless they looked much better today and it shows what Wilson is capable of when given time. He was a vertical passing/pocket guy in college and can be if he has even an average line. Today was fun to watch.

hawkfansince76

Reaction score
They looked better, Russ did have more time. There were times though that there were those Oh S**t ,moments.
IDK, but the offense was more organized, rather than looking like sandlot improvisation.

Go Hawks!

jkitsune

Reaction score
Would be curious to know how PFF grades out our OL over the last 3-4 weeks. I'm torn between the general performance of the offense - the run blocking in particular - and the huge number of penalties our OL takes every week.