Who gets cut today?

Cut today?

• Drew Nowak -- now the 3rd string Center

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Cary Williams -- kicked out of the doghouse

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Steve Terrell -- Dangling on the bottom of the DB foodchain

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Eric Pinkins -- Last guy in, First guy out.

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • BJ Daniels -- Won't take it personally!

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think it could be an interesting move today when Lane gets activated.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Terrell is my vote. Pinkins still needed for depth with Moody on IR and Irvin not playing. Nowak's a possibility but I think the Hawks still like his longer-term potential.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cary Williams would be really interesting wouldn't it?

I don't think they roll the dice like that though.. Lane hasn't exactly been known for his durability in his time here.. and Shead was getting beat rather easily by Anquan Boldin until he got re-injured..

So process of elimination, I'll say Terrell is out since Lane can also be a ST gunner.

calihawk

Reaction score
I voted Williams so his name was in the universe .but my take is human nature says cut first then replace or he will be here two years from now blowing games in the fourth quarter .

Jville

Reaction score
DB Tye Smith is a possibility. He has logged only 22 special teams snaps thru week 11.

Jville

Reaction score
That move brings the number of cornerbacks up to five. And, it raises the number of overall defensive backs up to ten .... as it should be IMO.

Exittium

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2hk3rbtn said:
BJ...serves no purpose to keep him...

To you he may not, but to PC and JS they value those who can play universal/multiple roles.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Welcome back Jeremy.. now here are Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant, have fun!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Jville":34l23o1u said:
DB Tye Smith is a possibility. He has logged only 22 special teams snaps thru week 11.
I know Brown's already been cut, but why did you think Smith could get cut? I thought he looked stellar in the preseason. Granted, it was the preseason, but do you know something about his situation? OOr just the fact he's barely seen the field. I really hope they keep him. I think he could be the starting RCB by next year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I did not see that one coming either. I would rather have 3 rbs at this moment. It is mighty cold out there.

Jville

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":22df8cfa said:
Jville":22df8cfa said:
I know Brown's already been cut, but why did you think Smith could get cut? I thought he looked stellar in the preseason. Granted, it was the preseason, but do you know something about his situation? OOr just the fact he's barely seen the field. I really hope they keep him. I think he could be the starting RCB by next year.

Just adding to a list of speculative candidates. It is impossible to know how a project that doesn't see the field is developing or what practice value he provides. Not exposing him to waivers to move him to the practice squad suggest they see a future for him in Seattle. I guess we all should have anticipate bringing the roster back in balance thru the release of an offensive player to make room for a defensive.

Latest posts