Russell Wilson Sound FX

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
That was probably the best one I've seen yet. Nice to see Russ cracking some jokes in the huddle as well. Also good to get some sideline insights and a look at this year's dynamic. Bevell was right, Russ had a pocket on the bomb to Lockett, still managed to put it across in a douchey way though; looked like he was hiding his frustration poorly. He also didn't look as involved; I wonder if Russ called more shots in this game; pure speculation.

And Sammy, keep doing what you're doing!

nategreat

Reaction score
You just know that Roger Goodell is going to "randomly" test Russell for PEDs now after seeing this. No, Roger, there is no Adderall in the Gatorade.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":236y4nmz said:
That was probably the best one I've seen yet. Nice to see Russ cracking some jokes in the huddle as well. Also good to get some sideline insights and a look at this year's dynamic. Bevell was right, Russ had a pocket on the bomb to Lockett, still managed to put it across in a douchey way though; looked like he was hiding his frustration poorly. He also didn't look as involved; I wonder if Russ called more shots in this game; pure speculation.

And Sammy, keep doing what you're doing!
It's called coaching someone up. He's being glib because they've likely gone over that same scenario in the film room and practice all week -- hell, all year -- and Russ acts like it just dawned on him. I'm sure those two, attached at the hip as they are, have that give-and-take kind of banter all the time. And if Russ took more down-the-field shots out of an audible, that's good as that is what he is being coached to do -- read the defense and react.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
A true Carroll disciple would have said "Play with patience, step up in the pocket, correct your timing and footwork, and you will get it next time." Bevell dwells on the negative, is absorbed in his own egoism in blaming others for his failures, and his coaching style stands in stark contrast to the positivism that is supposed to be the defining quality of Carroll's philosophy. I don't trust the guy to play to our strengths or to develop anyone.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If I'm being honest I'm even less of a Bevell fan after watching that and its not all that fair to him either. It just is what it is. He just drives me nuts although he called a great game last week.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Jesus, they're chumming around and Bevell lightly tells him exactly what he did wrong on the play. They obviously interact as friends. Nothing wrong there. There are clips of Pete correcting guys all the time. That's what you do.

This board is starting to go off the rails with this constant Bevell stuff.

Storts

Reaction score
I actually liked the fact Russell wasn't getting an easy ride there, good to know it was pointed out to him because there are so many occasions he should step up and doesn't

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Storts":18apzub5 said:
I actually liked the fact Russell wasn't getting an easy ride there, good to know it was pointed out to him because there are so many occasions he should step up and doesn't

And he has not improved in that area over the last four seasons. Russell would get along with anyone; that's just part of his personality. The question is whether Bevell has done his job in developing Russell. Contrary to what David thinks, I don't see Bevell as a great developer of talent. I don't think he stays true to the philosophy of the team.

rideaducati

Reaction score
It sounds as if Russell is being coached to take what the defense gives him. Notice when Kam comes up to him and says "that's how you take the easy stuff" or something like that. Sounds as if that is something Russell has been working on. I like it.