What QB would you trade Wilson for at this point?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Purely hypothetical fantasy. NOT what you think is realistic, or what the Seahawks would or should do.

Just straight up. If YOU could swap them, are there other QBs you would rather see running this offense?

A year ago it seemed Rodgers was the only consensus pick, with a few votes for Luck. Wondering if things have changed...

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Luck hasn't exactly lit it up this year either. In fact he has been much worse. It hasn't been Wilsons best year but that doesn't mean his career is over.
To answer the question I would trade Russel for Rodgers talent wise except for the fact Russel is younger and I really don't care for the guy. :)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'm picking these guys from the perspective of having them as a Seahawk for the rest of their career, as opposed to just this season:

- Rodgers
- Brady (don't care if it is only for a couple more years, hes the GOAT and his skills are not diminished at all)
- Rivers
- Mariota
- Luck
- Carr
- Newton

Everyone else is either too close to the end (Brees) or a scumbag POS that I just wouldn't want to cheer for (Big Ben)

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd still go with Luck. He has terrible personnel around him and it's finally showing. His OL is also terrible and he's injured and beat up right now.

Carr is a good choice.

I'd trade him for Newton right now.

I'd still trade him for Rodgers. You honestly think Rodgers would miss guys like Lockett continually ?

Bortles isn't better than Wilson but he's on an upward trajectory, with a worse team.

mrt144

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":bjjul5sf said:
I'm picking these guys from the perspective of having them as a Seahawk for the rest of their career, as opposed to just this season:

- Rodgers
- Brady (don't care if it is only for a couple more years, hes the GOAT and his skills are not diminished at all)
- Rivers
- Mariota
- Luck
- Carr
- Newton

Everyone else is either too close to the end (Brees) or a scumbag POS that I just wouldn't want to cheer for (Big Ben)

Is it obvious as to why RW got the contract he did?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
This board is officially losing its mind. If Russel was performing as badly as Luck has this year I think some would have him hanging from the gallows.
Yet they want to trade Russ for him. That makes sense.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
mrt144":1ic4az6x said:
Missing_Clink":1ic4az6x said:

- Rodgers
- Rivers
- Mariota
- Luck
- Carr
- Newton

Not sure what you are driving at with that question, but I mean yea, its pretty obvious. All the team wins and his solid play his first 3 years got him the contract.

mrt144

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2f6l41xz said:
mrt144":2f6l41xz said:
Missing_Clink":2f6l41xz said:

- Rodgers
- Rivers
- Mariota
- Luck
- Carr
- Newton

Not sure what you are driving at with that question, but I mean yea, its pretty obvious. All the team wins and his solid play his first 3 years got him the contract.

It's more that the market of equitable QBs drives salary as much as inherent ability, potential and history.

12thbrah

Reaction score
The answer is none because there are no other SB winning QBs in the league who are 26 years old or younger.

Fans be acting crazy blaming Russell for our teams overall issues. Green Bay is struggling too but I bet no one there would trade Aaron Rodgers.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
No one. But maybe ask this again at the end of the season. :p

rcaido

Reaction score
The QB i would trade for would probably be last years Russel Wilson or at least before Ciara or the whole divorce thing. I really miss that Russel when everyone thought he was a robot.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
- Rodgers
- Brady
- Luck
- Mariota (only because he's cheap and talented)
- Rivers
- Roethlisberger
- Carr (going to be in the conversation of best QB's in football in 4-5 years)

soxhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1yg9lgo2 said:

- Rodgers
- Rivers
- Mariota
- Luck
- Carr
- Newton

Agree with all except Rivers and Newton. Neither one can win the big games.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
soxhawk":1m27stws said:
Missing_Clink":1m27stws said:

- Rodgers
- Rivers
- Mariota
- Luck
- Carr
- Newton

Agree with all except Rivers and Newton. Neither one can win the big games.

Prior to the NFL, Newton did pretty well in big games.

Since then, he's been in 3 playoff games. He lost to the Niners when they were good and us. He beat the Cards. I'd go out on a limb and suggest that Carolina wasn't the stronger team in either of their losses, so it's not like he choked anything away... just lost to a better team.

I think a lot of the Newton hate is built on snap judgments people made about Newton either in college or due to his dancing/celebrating on field. And once people make their snap judgments, they're averse to changing their minds or admitting that they were wrong.

I don't know about Rivers, either. He's definitely had some playoff stinkers, but in 2008 and 2013 he played really well in the games in which the Chargers were eliminated from the postseason. So it's not necessarily a matter of the QB coming up small, like it usually is with Andy Dalton or with plenty of Peyton Manning playoff games.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Russ was given the duty of calling the protection from the line this year. That much was made public at the beginning ao the year. There may be more to it that we as fans are not privy to. Such as Pete making him learn to run a passing offense as opposed to a run offense. Lynch won't be here forever.

Who knows? We can only speculate, watch the game, complain, cheer, and go to work the next day.

I trust the front office about 85% (the 15% left is because I can;t agree with the Graham or Harvin trades). They have made some pretty smooth decisions during this "run" of success. Now Pete has to find a different way to light the fires because the "Always Compete" mantra don't ring anymore now that the $$$ is out there and the big guns are in place.