NET Temp Time...

The Seattle Seahawks will finish...

• 11-5. That's right. I said it. I believe it.

Votes: 46 30.5%
  • 10-6. They get their swag back.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • 9-7. Drop two more but they redeem themselves - a little.

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • 8-8. We are what our record says we are. Mediocre.

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • 7-9. Just wasn't our year. Super Bowl Hangover.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • 6-10 or worse. Please wake me from this nightmare.

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

massari

Reaction score
I voted 10-6. They've had a 4th quarter lead in every game this season.

I just hope they don't finish 9-7 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs. I'd rather them go 4-12 and get a high draft pick in every round. It'd also force them to make the necessary changes to the coaching staff and roster.

Rob12

Reaction score
My heart tells me that they win out and finish 11-5.

My mind tells me 8-8, or at best 9-7 (which I think is still very optimistic). I think the receivers for the Steelers are going to give us fits. Big Ben will torch this defense, just like every other average to above average QB has this season. Unless they're rolling out Landry Jones with a broken leg, I think that game has the makings for our sixth loss. I think we lose in Arizona. We win the rest but the remaining losses to the Steelers and Cardinals will put us at 9-7. The Rams game is not a given, either. No game on the remaining schedule is, with the exception of next week's game against the Niners.

I just think it's too late for this year. Yes, as Pete said, in 2012 we were 6-5 at one point. But this isn't the 2012 team, and we won't be catching anyone by surprise like we did then. We don't have a bunch of unheralded rookies like we did then. We're going to get every team's best shot.

2015 has seen a small handful of teams exact revenge on us. We haven't responded well. I do think this year has been a bit of a fluke with all of the fourth quarter meltdowns. I fully expect this team to rebound next season, but some massive changes need to be made both in player personnel and overall philosophy on both sides of the ball. We have at least a few coaches that should be jettisoned by Pete.

Also, and this is a gut feeling, but I think there's something going down in the locker room. I'm not one to read too much into tweets but Doug Baldwin penned some pretty thought provoking tweets today. I just think something is amiss, and it's up to Pete to fix it.

The bottom line is that this team hasn't been the same since, well, we all know when. There has to be a way to bury that hatchet for good and move on. Our window is still open for the foreseeable future. I still believe in Russ, but he has to get better and the powers that be better do something and get him some talent on the offensive line. I'd move Jimmy and try to get something to move that along. He's just always felt like a square peg in a round hole here. Maybe a new OC could change that. If so, I'm all for keeping him. He's a very lethal weapon to possess when used correctly.

Moving on from Beast after this season seems like a foregone conclusion at this point. Finding his replacement (is it Rawls?) is not going to be easy. And it's going to cause some shifts in offensive philosophy. I think we've been seeing that already.

In the interim, I'm bummed out. I'm very bummed out. I don't think what has been built here is dead, but big changes are ahead. The league has caught up and Pete needs to continue to evolve. He has some tough decisions ahead of him, especially with his own staff. I don't envy him, but this season thus far has been a huge indictment on some members of his staff. Will he do the right thing for this franchise?

It's going to be an interesting offseason, and one that won't easily be traversed.

Exittium

Reaction score
I chose 6 -10.. Every damn time they show something good its like a 1 step fwd 2 steps back. Not being able close out games hurts. Sherm imo has been average at best but I think thats because so much help has to go to cary. Cary is a proven liability now. Earl.. Well thinkng back to him admitting not talking to Kam makes me think him and Kam arent so "bro ish". I think I remember Kam or someone saying Kam told earl where to line up and be. And i feel since Kams holdout Earl has been doing all of that on his own, hence his pisspoor play. Kam wants money. He's playing for hopes of a payday, not for "Love Our brothers".

Wilson hasnt regessed imo. If there would be regression I would say its fear of turning the ball over. Otherwise I would say this Oline since he's been drafted just gets worse which effects the entire offense and russes playmaking ability. He snaps the ball and the pockets gone 90% of the time as soon as ball is in his hands. Which doesnt allow much to time for our WRs to get in spots. Othertimes I think its a huge lack of trust still to his WRs with fear of turn overs is why he's missing open wrs or getting happy feet.

And well Bevell and Cable i think should be done. Cable may have a great run offense style but his Oline projects suck now. I want something balanced thats SUCCESSFUL not something thats hit or miss. Big plays arent going to bail us out. Bevell.. Well my 4yr old could draw up a more effectivs gameplan woth crayons than him.

Overall.. In the glimpses ive seen of positive out of the team, there's not enough this year that out weigh the negative. If you have a star of the NFL and they're offensive, bevell will skill that star. Pete's loyalty needs to be curbed this offseason AND cable and bevell need to go. If we want to salvage what we have of a window those 2 need to excluded. Otherwise PC loyalty will be our downfall.

Exittium

Reaction score
Rob12":3vmeihua said:
My heart tells me that they win out and finish 11-5.

My mind tells me 8-8, or at best 9-7 (which I think is still very optimistic). I think the receivers for the Steelers are going to give us fits. Big Ben will torch this defense, just like every other average to above average QB has this season. Unless they're rolling out Landry Jones with a broken leg, I think that game has the makings for our sixth loss. I think we lose in Arizona. We win the rest but the remaining losses to the Steelers and Cardinals will put us at 9-7. The Rams game is not a given, either. No game on the remaining schedule is, with the exception of next week's game against the Niners.

I just think it's too late for this year. Yes, as Pete said, in 2012 we were 6-5 at one point. But this isn't the 2012 team, and we won't be catching anyone by surprise like we did then. We don't have a bunch of unheralded rookies like we did then. We're going to get every team's best shot.

2015 has seen a small handful of teams exact revenge on us. We haven't responded well. I do think this year has been a bit of a fluke with all of the fourth quarter meltdowns. I fully expect this team to rebound next season, but some massive changes need to be made both in player personnel and overall philosophy on both sides of the ball. We have at least a few coaches that should be jettisoned by Pete.

Also, and this is a gut feeling, but I think there's something going down in the locker room. I'm not one to read too much into tweets but Doug Baldwin penned some pretty thought provoking tweets today. I just think something is amiss, and it's up to Pete to fix it.

The bottom line is that this team hasn't been the same since, well, we all know when. There has to be a way to bury that hatchet for good and move on. Our window is still open for the foreseeable future. I still believe in Russ, but he has to get better and the powers that be better do something and get him some talent on the offensive line. I'd move Jimmy and try to get something to move that along. He's just always felt like a square peg in a round hole here. Maybe a new OC could change that. If so, I'm all for keeping him. He's a very lethal weapon to possess when used correctly.

Moving on from Beast after this season seems like a foregone conclusion at this point. Finding his replacement (is it Rawls?) is not going to be easy. And it's going to cause some shifts in offensive philosophy. I think we've been seeing that already.

In the interim, I'm bummed out. I'm very bummed out. I don't think what has been built here is dead, but big changes are ahead. The league has caught up and Pete needs to continue to evolve. He has some tough decisions ahead of him, especially with his own staff. I don't envy him, but this season thus far has been a huge indictment on some members of his staff. Will he do the right thing for this franchise?

It's going to be an interesting offseason, and one that won't easily be traversed.

I also saw DBs tweets. And well Im not one to read to far into them, but in this case I tend to agree, there is something up in the lockeroom/staff that needs "fixed"

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say this, I think 9-7 is likely. Still have a few tough games vs the rams, cards, stealers, and vikings. This team just isn't in the right spot now to win those games. If they get their shit together 11-5 is doable.

Largent80

Reaction score
I say 10-6 is not unreasonable considering AZ needed ref help and lucky plays to beat us. We still almost beat them after spotting them 19. Don't give up dammit.

Ozzy

Reaction score
11-5. Going to be a fun climb.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Wow. 6-10 guy had a good read post, but I'll bet my house, barring catastrophic injury, we're not going that or worse. I'll say it again, our opponent quality is dropping off exactly thirty percent from here on, we've lossed to a whos who of playoff contenders, holding leads late all the while, i mean people on the ledge need to take a breather. Retooling after a super bowl appearance is often unheard of, let alone facing the toughest schedule in the league in the process, let alone coming within a play out two every single Damn time of actually winning EVERY loss.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I started a thread that stated I think the team finishes 7-9. I'm sticking with it.

vs. San Francisco - Win
vs. Pittsburgh - Loss
@ Minnesota - Loss
@ Baltimore - Loss
vs. Cleveland - Win
vs. St. Louis - Win
@ Arizona - Loss

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At this point most all of the losses have been conference games except Cincie that factual situationpretty much will end the playoffs being an option unless the team now puts together a 7 game run which I don't see as likely with the observable problems with the O. Any more conference losses will make the post season unlikely this year.

I see 9-7 as being likely but the playoffs as not being so.

The team needs to find a way to pull itself out of it's 4th Q funk.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I voted 10-6 because I don't think they've completely lost their swag. They're IN every game. Still haven't lost by more than 10 points since October 30, 2011.

As I look at the schedule I think they have the capability of winning or losing each of the remaining contests. The Pittsburgh and Minnesota game seem pretty tough, but I'm not looking past anyone. Any given Sunday.

Arizona could have the division wrapped up and may not have much to play for in that last game (except if they want to risk injuries to key players just to try to keep a division opponent out.)

They will probably finish 10-6 or 9-7. I guess it wouldn't surprise me at this point for them to finish 8-8 or worse. However, it would be an overall shocker. This team is just too talented for that to happen. It's ridiculous, actually. But, that's football sometimes. I think they need to have confidence, but perhaps they've gotten a bit too cocky for their own good. Perhaps they needed a dose of humility to get some of that competitive hunger back that I haven't seen consistently enough since the Super Bowl victory.

It was an amazing contrast to see how the team opened that SNF game vs. when they found themselves down 19-0 at home and played more up tempo. I've always been and always will be a Hawks fan, but THAT is the fire that I've come to enjoy with this Super Bowl Championship caliber era team. Love seeing them compete with that fire win or lose. Tough game to lose, but I was happy to at least see them join the fight on the field. The running game has even felt lethargic. I know Marshawn is still Beastmode, but Rawls is hungry. Is he eating all the Skittles? Yeah, it's amazing to see Marshawn's powerful lateral movement evading the initial tacklers. But, sometimes I wish he would just straight up attack whatever gap he can find powerfully and quickly. Maybe the line is worse than I can even imagine. But, Rawls seems to find some daylight.

This year feels less fun to watch because it feels like they're complacently playing not to lose vs. playing to win. This teams' identity seemed built on their competitive fire. They're not firing on all cylinders, but they can be that team again. Not to dwell on the past and all that. But, as I watch the offense and wonder what is missing... I think a player like Golden Tate was perfect for Russ. Tate just wanted to be in a more pass-happy offense for the stats, etc. It's really too bad that they couldn't have made that work. I know, water under the bridge. Still, seems like this team is just a player or two away from tilting the close games in their favor. (Tyler Lockett can probably be part of that solution as he matures in the league.)

Despite any circumstances, Go Hawks

A

Anonymous

Largent80":3ss3ndtb said:
I say 10-6 is not unreasonable considering AZ needed ref help and lucky plays to beat us. We still almost beat them after spotting them 19. Don't give up dammit.

I agree with this member. /\

All things considered, there has been numerous calls and plays that we have just been on the losing end of. Call it parity, unlucky, unfortunate, whatever, the ball has bounced some weird ways for us this year too.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
8-8.

Don't think this offense will come to life, and the defense has so many holes right now.

OrFan

Reaction score
8 - 8. It could drop to 7 - 9, but I'll be kind here.

Decimation

Reaction score
I don't see them winning out, although would love to see it happen.

My prediction is they go 9-7. I don't see this team losing more than 8 games, so at worst they could go 8-8.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
10-6.

This team is tough to figure out. They could easily be 8-1. They could easily be 1-8. They are a really good team, but not elite...yet it feels like they still think of themselves as an elite team and can't understand why they aren't winning like they used to. No longer can they rely on the same stuff they used to and get by just because they are better than everyone else. Once (if) they figure that out, combined with an easier 2nd half schedule, I can see 10-6.

Fanatics

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin's cryptic tweet:

The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. -Norman Peale

Who is he talking about?