Some perspective... and some coping

byau

Reaction score
Two new jokes for you from a sad football fan (ermmm ...me)

Q: did you hear the Seahawks offense can't make change for a dollar?
A: I'm not sure they're good for any quarters right now

Q: did you hear there is a new term for being diplomatic?
A: It's called "Seahawking". Meaning.. Not offensive at all

Forgive me. I'm coping

And I think that did the trick. I feel better now

On the serious note, who saw the Minnesota Vikings taking the division lead?

On a "some perspective note", in the NFC besides the division leaders, what do you make of this wildcard race?

6-3: Packers (what the heck?)
6-3: Falcons (very easy schedule, but ....as of late, showing weaknesses)
4-5: Redskins (wow...same record as our Seahawks? Really?)
4-5: Bucaneers (wow...same record as our Seahawks? Really?)
4-5: Rams (legit threat here)
4-5: Seahawks (.....)
4-5: Eagles (no idea what to think)
4-5: Bears (wow...same record as our Seahawks? Really?)
4-6: Saints (puzzling)

Legitimate toss-up if the Seahawks can still get it together. The challenging side

1) Are the Packers going to drop more than 2 more? Plus they own the tiebreaker
2) Are the Falcons going to drop more than 2 more on their light schedule?
3) Are the Rams going to drop more than Seattle in the remaining games? Legit team, Todd Gurley .. and they own the tiebreaker

And most notably, bringing the microscope back to ourselves. At 6-4 last season, I still gave the Seahawks odds to make the playoffs. My eye test said they were still in it. This season, my eye test says they are not . I have given the coaches benefit of the doubt and Russell benefit of the doubt but can't do it any more

Russell: Butt fumble. That's all you can really say. Well you can say more, but you don't need to
Coaching: (Richard, Cable, Bevell) with the all-pro talent you have, with the most people in the NFL top 100 than any other team, and it has come to a point where the teams in the same company as you right now are the Bears, Bucs, and Redskins (no offense to those teams) (hahah no offense on our team either - still coping) then something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the playcalling and leadership. Those all-pro top 100 guys can execute, they've proven that. Something else is seriously wrong. Even with the two SB back to back seasons possibly playing a factor (being mentally and physically exhausted) the coaches should be able to pick up on that and adjust and they haven't.

I still think the Seahawks can pull it together, but I wouldn't give odds on it this season.

I still think with JS and PC at the helm, they can pull it together next season for sure.

This season, haven't given up, doesn't look bright

(STILL) Go Hawks!

Latest posts