Pete Caroll needs to re-invent himself !!!

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I believe it is now obvious to everyone that we are not who we thought we were.
Our QB has been figured out and has regressed.
Our RB has been hampered by all kinds of issues. Injuries, bad play calls, bad O-Line, age, ... etc
The way we have used our TE hasn't worked out.
Our receivers have pedestrian numbers for various reasons.
But the biggest disappointment of all, has been our defense surrounding leads to almost anyone who can throw a ball.

To me, it is time to for the leader of men to accept reality and re-invent themselves. If Pete wants to be consider amongst the elite of coaches, the time has come for him to step up and be counted.

Pete has always believed, if we win the turnover battle, we win the game. But, this hasn't been true all season long. When Russell threw the long ball to Jermaine Kearse in SF into double coverage, Pete was so mad at Russell, he told him he didn't need to take any chances. To me, this was a sign that Pete continued to believe we should win games, simply because we play it safe.

Playing it safe has regressed Russell Wilson so bad, our offense is breaking futility records. We are the most predictable offense in the NFL. Everyone knows on offense and on defense what's coming. Our offense is worst on 3rd down. Worst in red zone, Worst sacks. We relied so much on Russell Improvisation, ... etc. Our defense (almost) always plays the same scheme. We dare people to beat our super athletes ... well guess what ... they are beating them consistently now.

Here is where I think Pete needs to re-invent himself. He needs to unleash Russell. He needs to let him throw the ball, and let our receivers make plays. Yes, there will be mistakes, but our offense will benefit and our game will become less predictable and Russell will actually learn how to play QB. Right now, Russell doesn't look like a QB out there.
Second, we need to vary our defensive schemes. People have found soft spots in our defensive alignments. We are getting beaten every week by the exact same plays ...

Pete, the ball in our your court ... step it up. We all still believe in you , but you need to adapt to your current personal, not a fantasy team ... that's long gone.