NFC playoff picture?

Optimus25

Reaction score
Someone discuss the possibility of 11-5 making the playoffs please. Reason i ask is that i am obviously clinically insane but i seriously believe we run the table from here on. Will it be enough though?. Should i resign my hope now based on the nfc, or not?
So far we have held a fourth quarter lead in all losses. We all know that. I think most are failing to see the significance though. Especially considering the record of the teams we've lost to, 34-10. A .78 winning percentage!. From here on, we play teams who have a combined 31-34 record, equaling about a .48 winning percentage. If we beat pitt i almost guarantee minny, then we smooth sail to our end of year rematch with the cards. The math is seriously on our side to start pulling off these games.

Plus, looking at Minnesota's schedule so far is just laughable compared to ours. They have a virtual gauntlet to come.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Right now the Seahawks are out of the playoffs until they right the ship, any playoff talk is premature. Cueing up Jim Mora...

[youtube]U7fjDS0jKiE[/youtube]

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3fqchlg8 said:
Right now the Seahawks are out of the playoffs until they right the ship, any playoff talk is premature. Cueing up Jim Mora...

^this...I just hope we can win a game....

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1t9laifx said:
hawkfan68":1t9laifx said:

Well, the jist of my post was that although there are numerous problems on both sides of the ball, we are due for nearly an exact 30% dropoff in opponent difficulty, and even against the brutal front end of the schedule, we've held a lead late every game. We're not the 2001 Colts in any fashion, considering they gave up an average of thirty a game that season.

In fact, in just one of their losses that season, to new England, 44-13, i would guess you virtually equal our total points differential in the five losses combined.

Everyone is on the ledge when the bottom line is the schedule turned out harder than we even imagined. We took the best team in the afc and the best in the nfc down to the wire and just blew leads. Everyone is so quick to downgrade our wins but not put the losses in perspective either. 11-5 is probably just as likely as any other outcome, considering the opponent quality.

If anyone thinks minnesota is that great, they should first compare their schedule with ours. I'm not even promoting blind homerism, it's just reality that winning out is just as likely as the other possibilities combined IMO.

The coin is about to flip. Every loss so far has been against a team that is rising up and beating us was their gage of getting over the hump.... It was like playing in a super bowl five times when we were still figuring out life after back to back super bowl appearances.

The rams, their super bowl
The packers, the great revenge game, ie their super bowl
Bengals, had to beat the big bad hawks to legitimize newfound success
Carolina, duh, three straight years of futility to us.
Yesterday, major major implications psychologically for the cards...ie, their super bowl.

But the back nine is them facing complacency or learning how to sustain and us finally just playing football.

dunceface

Reaction score
Hope is not lost, although the road to the playoffs is becoming more and more steep

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3vdhrval said:
Current look at our playoff picture

Frame of broken glass  1 by stevenartify d53xoqh
In 2012 we were 11-5
The next year new Orleans was too

Seems wild cards get in routinely there.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
We really haven't played a complete game this season. There is no moment this year where one can say 'that's the team I like',' that's who I want to represent in the playoffs'.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seahawks can still win the West.

Seahawks can still win the #2 seed.

They are still in play for the Wild Card spots.

You pretty much want the Panthers to win out which will drop the Falcons out.

Cardinals to drop 3-5 of thier hardest games remaining. Bengals, Vikes, Packers, Rams, Seahawks.

Vikes win the North at 11-5. Packers finish 11-5 or worst.

Seahawks need to go 7-0 though.

Honestly though if the Seahawks lose another game in next 2-3 depending what other teams win, It might be smart if they just tank the season and finish 7-9 for draft postioning and grab some Oline

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2bjgbi6f said:
We really haven't played a complete game this season. There is no moment this year where one can say 'that's the team I like',' that's who I want to represent in the playoffs'.

Did you watch San Francisco?

Falcons just went there and got handled by all backups.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Optimus25":11y1b99y said:
seahawkfreak":11y1b99y said:

Did you watch San Francisco?

Falcons just went there and got handled by all backups.

Not really into comparing who beat who, it's irrelevant in the NFL. Green Bay lost to the Lions yesterday in Green Bay and I'm not buying that the Packers are done. Your right that we beat the 49ers but that team is a big bag of used cow crap. We also gave up five sacks to them, that is significant.

hawks85

Reaction score
hawkfan68":21pbyikl said:

lmao that was classic mora right there

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Optimus25":99jpqxmk said:
Cyrus12":99jpqxmk said:
hawkfan68":99jpqxmk said:

Well, the jist of my post was that although there are numerous problems on both sides of the ball, we are due for nearly an exact 30% dropoff in opponent difficulty, and even against the brutal front end of the schedule, we've held a lead late every game. We're not the 2001 Colts in any fashion, considering they gave up an average of thirty a game that season.

In fact, in just one of their losses that season, to new England, 44-13, i would guess you virtually equal our total points differential in the five losses combined.

Everyone is on the ledge when the bottom line is the schedule turned out harder than we even imagined. We took the best team in the afc and the best in the nfc down to the wire and just blew leads. Everyone is so quick to downgrade our wins but not put the losses in perspective either. 11-5 is probably just as likely as any other outcome, considering the opponent quality.

If anyone thinks minnesota is that great, they should first compare their schedule with ours. I'm not even promoting blind homerism, it's just reality that winning out is just as likely as the other possibilities combined IMO.

The coin is about to flip. Every loss so far has been against a team that is rising up and beating us was their gage of getting over the hump.... It was like playing in a super bowl five times when we were still figuring out life after back to back super bowl appearances.

Yesterday, major major implications psychologically for the cards...ie, their super bowl.

But the back nine is them facing complacency or learning how to sustain and us finally just playing football.

I see your point. However the 5 teams the Seahawks have lost to this season also supposedly had weak schedule in comparison to the Seahawks. That didn't prevent the Seahawks from losing to them anyway. The Seahawks haven't beaten an above .500 team this season. The Vikings are 7-2.

red17hawk

Reaction score
According to Mitch this morning, if Seahawks go 7-0 and Arizona loses the Rams game + any one other game, Seahawks win the NFC West at 11-5.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It'll be quite difficult to get in but we do still have a shot at a wildcard. Atlanta and Greenbay are two games ahead but they are in a bit of a slump so it wouldn't surprise me if we managed to make our way in, however I'm not expecting anything.

I'll only start to seriously believe in our chances if we win our next 3 or 4 games though.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Optimus25":1ypx2wa1 said:
Cyrus12":1ypx2wa1 said:
hawkfan68":1ypx2wa1 said:

Sometimes nothing feels better than an old fashioned bump.

marko358

Reaction score
I just noticed on ESPN.com that the wildcard round begins on Friday, January 8th. If we somehow get slotted for the NFC game that day and have to travel to NY or Washington, that's a pretty short week with the travel. Hopefully we'll get the Saturday game.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
marko358":pxsq21uv said:
I just noticed on ESPN.com that the wildcard round begins on Friday, January 8th. If we somehow get slotted for the NFC game that day and have to travel to NY or Washington, that's a pretty short week with the travel. Hopefully we'll get the Saturday game.

No worries. The wild card games begin on the 9th so Saturday and Sunday.

marko358

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1ibknmwy said:
marko358":1ibknmwy said:

No worries. The wild card games begin on the 9th so Saturday and Sunday.

Stupid ESPN needs to update their site.