Another Graham thread

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Has he done anything Luke Willson can't do? Why is he here and taking our money? And is it a sign of poor coordination between the GM and coaches?

DeeHawks

Reaction score
He's not being utilized properly by the dumbazz offensive coordinator we have.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
DeeHawks":1nq63r6e said:

or the game managing quarterback he has no chemistry with?

rcaido

Reaction score
Dude dropped a couple key passes...Im questioning if Wilson is off or is Graham not running the routes right. Also seem like he is afraid to catch the ball as he is expecting contact.

If Bevell stays then we should trade Graham & get some O-line help...If Graham stays, Bevell needs to be fired like 4 years ago.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rcaido":gqjun35a said:
Dude dropped a couple key passes...Im questioning if Wilson is off or is Graham not running the routes right. Also seem like he is afraid to catch the ball as he is expecting contact.

If Bevell stays then we should trade Graham & get some O-line help...If Graham stays, Bevell needs to be fired like 4 years ago.
DB is the biggest turd floating in the toiletbowl. He needs to be flushed.
You don't get rid of one of your biggest weapons and biggest mismatches to save the job of the worst OC in the league.
That's idiocy, IMHO.

Rob12

Reaction score
DeeHawks":340p3uo3 said:

Graham would have had a big night tonight had he actually caught the ball.

Rob12

Reaction score
rcaido":3dopo8gb said:

Jimmy has always been soft. 190 pound corners have no problem arm tacking him to the ground. He's all finesse and hates contact.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
As much as I'm not a fan of Collinsworth, he asked a very legitimate question tonight. Why don't we put 3 wrs on one side and Graham on the other and make the defense pick. Seemed like it would have been a good idea on our two point conversion

ZagHawk

Reaction score
This is the first game Graham has dropped passes. I'm sorry Graham has already proven he's awesome with Brees, and outside of tonight's game anytime a pass was thrown his way he sucked that thing in like a black hole. So I'm not blaming Graham for the overall offensive woes of this team. Yes tonight he dropped a lot of passes, but overall him and Marshawn are like the two pieces of this offense that have not been the problem.

peppersjap

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":181a2erq said:
Has he done anything Luke Willson can't do? Why is he here and taking our money? And is it a sign of poor coordination between the GM and coaches?
I don't think he is taking any of your money! Apparently he can do a lot that Luke Willson can't do, have you looked at the stats? Luke Willson has an occasional decent game, even after a bad game today from Graham he is still on pace to have one of the best seasons ever from a Seahawk TE. Jimmy Graham was great 2 weeks ago in Dallas, amazing how quick he has become the equivalent of Luke Willson.

OP
OP
WindCityHawk

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":2cgbmuea said:
WindCityHawk":2cgbmuea said:
I don't think he is taking any of your money! Apparently he can do a lot that Luke Willson can't do, have you looked at the stats? Luke Willson has an occasional decent game, even after a bad game today from Graham he is still on pace to have one of the best seasons ever from a Seahawk TE. Jimmy Graham was great 2 weeks ago in Dallas, amazing how quick he has become the equivalent of Luke Willson.

Bit it seems like his numbers are inflated because we're forcing the ball to him more than we normally would to a TE. It feels like Percy all over again: bring in a stud receiver and break our offense out of shape to force him the ball. Also, every time we've gone to Willson this year, he's been great, or at least as good as Graham.

I don't know, more and more that whole trade looks like a knee-jerk reaction to the goal line play in SB49, like we were looking for someone to win the game in retrospect. I'd much rather have Unger and cap space right now.

crosfam

Reaction score
Next year we probably don't have Lynch. So we will be passing a bit more, not less. Makes no sense to get rid of a top Five (Ten at worst) tight end in the League. A different scheme is probably necessary, but we can afford to hold on to Graham another year (year 3 of 4 on his contract) to see what happens. If we take a step back instead of forward then we trade him to a team willing to work his extension in year 4 of 4.

I think a little house cleaning is in order, maybe Sark or Pep Hamilton as the new OC. A new RB to pair with Rawls, a new LT in the draft (Okung is gone), and even more fresh defensive folks to keep our D formidable (Irvin will go). A big receiver in the draft (mid-round) or FA (Kearse will get overpaid and leave). I think we probably cave and extend Chancellor and even Bennett in the offseason.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
crosfam":3fbvsfki said:
Next year we probably don't have Lynch. So we will be passing a bit more, not less. Makes no sense to get rid of a top Five (Ten at worst) tight end in the League. A different scheme is probably necessary, but we can afford to hold on to Graham another year (year 3 of 4 on his contract) to see what happens. If we take a step back instead of forward then we trade him to a team willing to work his extension in year 4 of 4.

I think a little house cleaning is in order, maybe Sark or Pep Hamilton as the new OC. A new RB to pair with Rawls, a new LT in the draft (Okung is gone), and even more fresh defensive folks to keep our D formidable (Irvin will go). A big receiver in the draft (mid-round) or FA (Kearse will get overpaid and leave). I think we probably cave and extend Chancellor and even Bennett in the offseason.
Please... no Hamilton, he got fired for a very good reason.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pete Carroll remarked a few weeks ago that they were trying to get the ball to Graham and it just wasn't quite happening. I don't know what they meant by that, but it does remind us that just because they're trying to get the ball to him, doesn't always mean it will work. It's dependent on a lot of factors, including QB play, OL play, WR play, and the work of the OC.

In New Orleans, all these things were clicking. You had a QB who played arguably better than Wilson's playing, you had two of the best guards in the league, you had Graham surrounded by more talented receivers who were clearing out space for him, and you had an offensive genius calling the plays. We have none of that here. We don't even have a pass-first offense.

It is really not a surprise that Graham's play has dropped off from his Saints levels. Nor is it all a reflection on him.

OP
OP
WindCityHawk

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":jm2iq5uu said:
Pete Carroll remarked a few weeks ago that they were trying to get the ball to Graham and it just wasn't quite happening. I don't know what they meant by that, but it does remind us that just because they're trying to get the ball to him, doesn't always mean it will work. It's dependent on a lot of factors, including QB play, OL play, WR play, and the work of the OC.

In New Orleans, all these things were clicking. You had a QB who played arguably better than Wilson's playing, you had two of the best guards in the league, you had Graham surrounded by more talented receivers who were clearing out space for him, and you had an offensive genius calling the plays. We have none of that here. We don't even have a pass-first offense.

It is really not a surprise that Graham's play has dropped off from his Saints levels. Nor is it all a reflection on him.

Then it reflects completely on our coaching staff and, I love the guy, but, our GM. It feels more and more like we brought him in to win a game we already played. He's a great player, but he contributes nothing to the team and cost us a veteran center.

Ah, maybe I'm just moaning. Hindsight, 20/20, etc., but I don't like the trade one bit. Even when we're winning, I don't see him putting this team on another level.

soohawk

Reaction score
if you are a vegetarian put down the hamburger

this player doesn't fit into the mold, so change the mold or trade the player

razor150

Reaction score
Graham is on pace to put up similar numbers to what Tate had his last year here. Amazing, in one thread we have people wishing Tate was here, and in another wishing he didn't have Graham because he hasn't been good enough.

Laloosh

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":13fy3jvv said:

Honest question: Have you seen how much attention he draws underneath those routes Luke Willson runs?