Bring the Two Headed Run Monster

gcolby

Reaction score
Loved what Rawls showed so far and think the double dose of a Beast and Rawls one two punch just has so much upside. I really hope Hawks commit to run early and often and split the load so D is getting smashed hard by a fresh back at all times.
1 - keep the Beast fresh and dangerous for the 2nd half when he tends to do his biggest special damage to defenses
2 - keep Cards D from teeing off on pass rush to open up play action pass

I really think Hawks have to be able to punch Cards in the mouth with the run to win this thing.

Thoughts?

2_0_6

Reaction score
We need to run Lynch like there is no tomorrow, then throw in the read options in the second half.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I completely agree to the dual backfield and believe even Marshawn would favor it. And Freddy could also lend a hand down the stretch. And I think we return to our bread and butter run-heavy offensive attack down the stretch with Russell doing his thing in run-option.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Rawls is being used as and when needed. I don't think he can tires the defense so much as Marshawn can. The defense respects Marshawn more than any other RB, so we use that to our advantage.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Lynch is clearly getting older and has missed games. As long as Rawls can run effectively there is no reason to make Marshawn the workhorse.

With Graham getting settled in a bit we can go back to being a well-balanced team with Lynch getting some help.

Besides, getting Rawls some more experience could really help out down the stretch. If the game is on the line and we have to rely on Rawls we need him to know the plays and his assignment. Some extra game time would make him a legit part of our offense.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Lynch has had a rough season injury-wise. Instead of using him up before the end of the season, they should use him somewhat sparingly for the next few weeks. The two best rushing defenses we've faced were the Rams (#13 in rushing yards allowed per game) and the #13 Bengals. Rawls managed 169 yards against the Bengals. Lynch is averaging only 3.6 YPC while Rawls is at 5.4 YPC. We are halfway through the season and Marshawn only has 2 TD's. Rawls may not tire the opposing defense by beating them up the way Marshawn does, but he makes a lot of defenders chase him. If he does it enough, they will get tired. In hindsight, I would say that if Lynch had been available even in only the 4th quarter of the Bengals game, there's a good chance the Hawks would have won the game.