Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Cardinals @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The second half of the season has been a trend in the Seahawks recent history of dominance. Last year this team was 6-4 before ending up a half yard from being back-to-back Super Bowl Champions and a team where the word "dynasty" would have been tossed around liberally.

At 4-4, the team dropped a few games they should have won but numerous issues plagued the team in the first half of the 2015 season. Coming off of two back-to-back road victories is a good sign and one that should help restore that lost swag and confidence vital to the Seahawks Football we've come to love in recent seasons.

Like last year, the Arizona Cardinals are leading the divison and looking like the team to beat. Personally I don't think they are as good as some think they are largely taking advantage of a soft schedule in the first half. However, Palmer is playing lights out and they are both good on both sides of the ball.

The Seahawks have to use this game as the catapult for the rest of the season. Left with no wiggle room thanks to perplexing meltdowns late in games in the first half of the season, every game from here out is a playoff game. Despite records, I still believe the Seahawks are the better team and need to act like it this Sunday on national television. The Sea-Link is going to be rocking. Leave No Doubt.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Cardinals 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 5-3

HawkGA

Reaction score
I fear the post bye game as the Seahawks pre-Carroll have not been very good at them. That said, for only the second time this season I feel the Seahawks' offense is about to light it up.

Of course, I was wrong the first time.

33-17
Seahawks win.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I knew the Cardinals had an easy schedule, but LOOK AT THAT SCHEDULE! That is as much of a cakewalk as you will EVER see in the NFL. And they still lost 2 of those games. I am not saying the Cardinals are bad, but they have been made to look a lot better than they really are. The Seahawks are the opposite, with one of the toughest schedules in the NFL so far. 5 out of the 8 games were on the road, and the Bengals, Packers, and Panthers have been 3 of the toughest teams the NFL has to offer this year (outside of the Broncos and Pats). And the Seahawks were in position to win each of those games. They are not as bad as they have looked, despite the real issues they have.

This game is huge, and likely will decide the division. A loss here puts us 3 back of the Cards and under .500 again. A win puts us one game out of the division lead and makes a statement to the rest of the NFC.

Get it done.

Seahawks 19
Cardinals 17

My Record to Date: 7-1

Largent80

Reaction score
Cards are facing a hungry and gelling defense that has really come together with two road wins a n a row.

They are going DOWN.

Hawks 27
Fares 13

2_0_6

Reaction score
Well damn, looks like I will be the first gloomy poster. I have a bad feeling the Hawks will continue to struggle on offense, be down early and need to force the ball in the air which falls into the strength of the Cards.

Ringless' Cards: 31
Hawks: 17

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Well, lets try this again. I would like to think the Hawks offense will finally get on track against a weak pass rush, but I'm still not 100% sold on them getting into the 20-30 point mark. The Cards have a solid offense and one of the better secondaries in the NFL which will lead to a close game (again). I think the Hawks win (beacuse this is in Seattle and the Hawks were starting to gel a bit before the bye), but it will be close. Lets go with....

Seattle-20
AZ-14

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":wrdfasqj said:
Well damn, looks like I will be the first gloomy poster. I have a bad feeling the Hawks will continue to struggle on offense, be down early and need to force the ball in the air which falls into the strength of the Cards.

Ringless' Cards: 31
Hawks: 17

I dunno. It kind of seems like when the Seahawks are down, that's when Bevell starts to run.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Three questions....

A) Does Arizona trust their safeties to cover Jimmy Graham and blitz their linebackers enough to have them try and tackle Russell Wilson.....They have good linebackers, but not great players and if they miss tackles in the backfield vs Wilson, they will give up chunks of yardage.

B) Will Arizona be able to pass-protect enough to allow the downfield passing they want to stick with.....This is typically a lost point of emphasis, since Arizona likes to go with a lot of "empty" sets.....meaning anyone in the backfield is typically set in motion, leaving the offensive lineman to protect Palmer.

C) Will Arians be patient.....To be patient is to try and run the football with Chris Johnson and company.....that would take pressure off Palmer.

I think this is more about what Arizona has to prove more than Seattle does. Seattle needs to win the game, but Arizona has to avoid getting beaten up or beaten by more than the scoreboard.

If Seattle has a fluke-like game with a ton of turnovers or mistakes like the Green Bay game earlier this year, it will really not prove much for Arizona. Arizona actually doesn't need the win as much as they need to prove they can beat Seattle when they are playing well. If they don't win, the rest of their schedule starts to creep up on them....

Home vs Cincinnati
at San Francisco
at St. Louis
Minnesota (Thursday night)
at Philadelphia
Green Bay
Seattle

There is more pressure on Arizona because they are without excuses at this point. They were missing Carson Palmer last year and he is the X-Factor to what they can do on offense. Like any other QB, pressure causes errant throws, high throws and more importantly, the ball is going to come out from the pocket, which is much easier to defend.

On offense, it's Lynch, Rawls, and Wilson rushing for 200+ yards and controlling the clock. This should not be a pretty game and the uglier the better.....if Seattle has ANY redzone success, this game is a runaway.....

I expect a lot of Hauschka and I really expect the defense to get a lot of rest. Arizona hasn't trailed much against a team that can run the ball so it's really up to Sweezy and the center to pick up the blitzes.

Add a homerun to Lockett and a 8 catch 1 TD performance from Graham with 4 FG's.......

Seahawks 26, Cardinals 17

Latest posts