How the Seahawks' offense compares to the previous two years

ivotuk

Reaction score
At the halfway point of the season, the Seattle Seahawks' offense is averaging 17.38 points per game, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Only three teams have been less productive: the St. Louis Rams, Detroit Lions and San Francisco 49ers.

Yet there is a confidence inside the practice facility and among many fans that the Seahawks will turn their season around starting with Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals. Why? The team posted a 20-4 record in the second half of the season the previous three years, and the offense has historically played better in the final eight games.

Sheil on 710 ESPN: Sheil Kapadia, ESPN.com Seahawks beat writer, joins "Justin and Gee" to talk about concerns with Seattle's offense in the second half of the season.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 0and%20Gee

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... -two-years

Polk738

Reaction score
So I just watched some highlights from the 2012 season to compare to this season's offense and here are some things I instantly noticed

-Our blocking and O-line was practically on another level (obviously)

-Russ seemed much calmer and more elusive in AND out of the pocket, it was amazing how close guys would be in his grill yet he'd still deliver a 20 yard strike like it was nothing.

-Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, and Zach Miller were all very clutch. Especially Sidney, it really is too bad that the guy couldn't stay healthy as I do truly feel that he was a great playmaker when it counted. Zach was a great blocker and had great hands even tho he was really slow. Tate was amazing after the catch. It's pretty obvious that our recievers now don't even compare to what we had then.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Polk738":3t2fw4zh said:
So I just watched some highlights from the 2012 season to compare to this season's offense and here are some things I instantly noticed

-Russ seemed much calmer and more elusive in AND out of the pocket, it was amazing how close guys would be in his grill yet he'd still deliver a 20 yard strike like it was nothing.

-Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, and Zach Miller were all very clutch. Especially Sidney, it really is too bad that the guy couldn't stay healthy as I do truly feel that he was a great playmaker when it counted. Zach was a great blocker and had great hands even tho he was really slow. Tate was amazing after the catch. It's pretty obvious that our recievers now don't even compare to what we had then.

I would agree the oline pass protection while still not great was better, and Wilson had better Wrs. However that was 2012 and our oline pass protection has gotten steadily worse and well there you go.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Polk738":1k3tl4gu said:

Back then, the general consensus was that our WR's sucked.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1o1kx72e said:
Polk738":1o1kx72e said:

Back then, the general consensus was that our WR's sucked.

Somewhere, Sidney Rice just fell down for no apparent reason at all.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahawksfan3":1k0aps8r said:
Thanks for posting! Very interesting stats! Did you see this best of week 9 list? https://realfootballnetwork.com/blog/20 ... -of-lists/ Wilson has the highest completion percentage beyond the line of scrimmage at 71%!

Welcome to Dot Net 3. :2:

Have fun and enjoy your stay on the roller coaster ride. :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: