Wow.... What Just Happened

DyllPickle1

Reaction score
Man, at the start of the season I thought we'd be in Santa Clara in the Super Bowl.
But after the first half of the season, I would be happy if we made the PLAYOFFS. The first game, I was like "Whatever. We'll get over it. We're just a little rusty."
Then the second game against Green Bay, I thought we'd have that game at a lock. And, look what happened. We lost. Then come the next couple of games and we start looking like the Jaguars (no offense Jags).
But now, after the past couple of games, IF we start to use this bye week to improve our O-line, we could start to win. And if we keep winning like we have( but better wins) we could have a good spot in the offseason. And hopefully we could have a good rest of the half of the season.

907Hawk

Reaction score
No doubt, I also thought the Hawks would continue to lay waste to all comers, and was like ''dude what happen''

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You thought a game IN Lambeau without Kam Chancellor was a lock?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well there are currently two teams that nobody in their right mind would like to play if they make the NFC playoffs regardless of seed. The Rams and Seahawks.

The Rams because of that punishing defense and Gurley. The Seahawks because they would basically be this year's version of the Giants team that beat the Perfect Patriots. Absolutely loaded with young playoff and Superbowl veterans missing critical pieces for half a season but having them coming back while having unfinished business on a hot streak.

Luckily the Rams are still a year or possibly two away so it's really coming down to Atlanta, Minnesota, New Orleans and Seattle for the wildcard spots if none win their respective divisions.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3vn4lr0w said:
A lot of things are going to change when we beat Arizona. Specifically, speculations.
Hence my pointing out...."if none win their respective divisions". Otherwise put Arizona, Carolina and Green Bay into the wildcard pool depending on upcoming head to head matchups obviously.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1vvdzx9f said:
The Seahawks because they would basically be this year's version of the Giants team that beat the Perfect Patriots. Absolutely loaded with young playoff and Superbowl veterans missing critical pieces for half a season but having them coming back while having unfinished business on a hot streak.

There's really no parallel between the two teams. The Giants started off hot (6-2) then finished the second half of the year 4-4, losing all 4 four games at home. They lost Shockey late in the year and Plaxico was playing on a bum ankle for the whole postseason.

And the only aspect of their team that was loaded was the defensive line... yeah Eli turned it on a bit in the playoffs, but they definitely got numerous breaks the fall their way.. the biggest being Tyree's catch.

So yeah.. this analogy doesn't really work at all. If you're looking for a team to possibly compare Seattle to (in the event they flip the switch and make a run), the 2001 Patriots started 4-4 and actually fell to 5-5 before they won their next 9 games, including the Super Bowl.

sutz

Reaction score
:laugh: at the idea of "better wins."

I'll take them any way I can get them, especially now.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":381qtyar said:
MizzouHawkGal":381qtyar said:
The Seahawks because they would basically be this year's version of the Giants team that beat the Perfect Patriots. Absolutely loaded with young playoff and Superbowl veterans missing critical pieces for half a season but having them coming back while having unfinished business on a hot streak.

There's really no parallel between the two teams. The Giants started off hot (6-2) then finished the second half of the year 4-4, losing all 4 four games at home. They lost Shockey late in the year and Plaxico was playing on a bum ankle for the whole postseason.

And the only aspect of their team that was loaded was the defensive line... yeah Eli turned it on a bit in the playoffs, but they definitely got numerous breaks the fall their way.. the biggest being Tyree's catch.

So yeah.. this analogy doesn't really work at all. If you're looking for a team to possibly compare Seattle to (in the event they flip the switch and make a run), the 2001 Patriots started 4-4 and actually fell to 5-5 before they won their next 9 games, including the Super Bowl.
Why the negativity? You know the gist of what I am saying.

All the Seahawks have to do is get into the playoffs by hook or Crook and every ingredient is there EXACTLY like the Giants. Or the damn Patriots may they get back to being the losers they are already. I hate the fact that the rules have been changed to guarantee a POS like Tom Brady a ticket to Canton. Please let him play football when the NFL wasn't glorified touch football. He'd be dead meat like he deserves.

1. Playoff winning quarterback
2. Stellar defense
3. Big time running game
4.Team with above being red hot

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawk defense is very scary...I agree. Seahawk offense.....well it's quite offensive.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":qdk2fi2q said:
Hasselbeck":qdk2fi2q said:
MizzouHawkGal":qdk2fi2q said:

All the Seahawks have to do is get into the playoffs by hook or Crook and every ingredient is there EXACTLY like the Giants. Or the damn Patriots may they get back to being the losers they are already. I hate the fact that the rules have been changed to guarantee a POS like Tom Brady a ticket to Canton. Please let him play football when the NFL wasn't glorified touch football. He'd be dead meat like he deserves.

2. Stellar defense
3. Big time running game

So because he didn't like your analogy, and you didn't like that he didn't like it, you are mad at his opinion? :34853_doh:

He's right, a better parallel is the 2001 Cheatriots, but either way it's going to be an interesting second half of the season.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
An even better parallel is the 2014 Seahawks. Predicted to dominate and run the tables early on. Remember, "Seahawks... big line of demarcation, rest of NFC?"

Off to a rocky start with a tough schedule, a sputtering offense that seemed to have lost its magic touch, struggling to integrate a new offensive toy, a sieve of an o-line, an underutilized Lynch in our losses (not as bad this year), defense hobbled by missing key players (injury last year, holdout/ injury this year), looked weak against bad teams. A division leader that looked practically (if not mathematically) out of reach, but with a schedule backloaded with division and weak non-division opponents..

How did that work out for you?

Mid-season comes. The o-line started performing at league average in pass pro and above average run blocking. We figured out what to do with our new offensive toy. Russ got his game back on track. Carroll publicly called out Bevell for underutilizing Lynch, and we started to give him more carries. Weaker schedule. Defense back to full strength and started dominating games. We went on a tear, and not only won the division, but secured the number 1 seed.

We have a good shot at the division with two games against the leader, a game at home against the Rams, and otherwise a cakewalk schedule. We have almost no shot at a bye unless there are key injuries suffered by the Packers or the Panthers.

So far this season went almost exactly like I expected, except that I predicted a win against either Carolina or Cinci to go 3-3 then 6-4 before finishing out strong at 10-6 before facing GB at Lambeau for the NFCCG. Carolina looks 2 games better than I thought.

We are going to need a stronger finish than I hoped for, but 10-6 is easily in our reach with 11-5 not out of the question. 10-6 gives us a shot at the wild-card, though we will need lots of help. 11-5 should guarantee a playoff spot. I would like to be 5-3 at this point to give us some cushion, but we are looking pretty much like a duplicate of last year's team minus the tiebreaker against our opponent(s) for the 1 seed.

-bsd

Laloosh

Reaction score
bigskydoc":z3ebwtdk said:
An even better parallel is the 2014 Seahawks. Predicted to dominate and run the tables early on. Remember, "Seahawks... big line of demarcation, rest of NFC?"

Off to a rocky start with a tough schedule, a sputtering offense that seemed to have lost its magic touch, struggling to integrate a new offensive toy, a sieve of an o-line, an underutilized Lynch in our losses (not as bad this year), defense hobbled by missing key players (injury last year, holdout/ injury this year), looked weak against bad teams. A division leader that looked practically (if not mathematically) out of reach, but with a schedule backloaded with division and weak non-division opponents..

Mid-season comes. The o-line started performing at league average in pass pro and above average run blocking. We figured out what to do with our new offensive toy. Russ got his game back on track. Carroll publicly called out Bevell for underutilizing Lynch, and we started to give him more carries. Weaker schedule. Defense back to full strength and started dominating games. We went on a tear, and not only won the division, but secured the number 1 seed.

We have a good shot at the division with two games against the leader, a game at home against the Rams, and otherwise a cakewalk schedule. We have almost no shot at a bye unless there are key injuries suffered by the Packers or the Panthers.

So far this season went almost exactly like I expected, except that I predicted a win against either Carolina or Cinci to go 3-3 then 6-4 before finishing out strong at 10-6 before facing GB at Lambeau for the NFCCG. Carolina looks 2 games better than I thought.

We are going to need a stronger finish than I hoped for, but 10-6 is easily in our reach with 11-5 not out of the question. 10-6 gives us a shot at the wild-card, though we will need lots of help. 11-5 should guarantee a playoff spot. I would like to be 5-3 at this point to give us some cushion, but we are looking pretty much like a duplicate of last year's team minus the tiebreaker against our opponent(s) for the 1 seed.

-bsd

You're not alone in your thinking but the red zone struggles could absolutely derail all of that if they don't fix it immediately. Our defense can't hold every team to 9 points for the rest of the season. There will be injuries and there will be bad games.

Offense needs to find it's stride in a hurry.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Laloosh":3qoy4bxh said:
bigskydoc":3qoy4bxh said:

-bsd

You're not alone in your thinking but the red zone struggles could absolutely derail all of that if they don't fix it immediately. Our defense can't hold every team to 9 points for the rest of the season. There will be injuries and there will be bad games.

Offense needs to find it's stride in a hurry.

Of course only time will tell, but I rewatched the Dallas game and while we didn't score a ton of points the offense was much better. I expected to see our Oline getting blown up here and there derailing the drives. But from what I saw they were getting the job done. We had four decent drives and got points on three of them. And were just a few plays from getting much more. RW had a few bad passes and decisions and Marshawn made some poor choices on where to run. Which I find encouraging as they've made those plays many times. If it were all on Britt and Gilliam and Nowak I would have been less so as they are just beginning to learn their positions at the pro level

chris98251

Reaction score
I look at it this way, we don't know how to finish anything.

We don't finish drives, we can move the ball from 20 to 20 decently, we can occasionally get the explosive play, but in the red zone we don't finish drives.

As a team, we don't take the heart from the opposition some of that is related to the offense but even on defense we have backed off on the aggression and shutting a team down, that needs to change, if they believe they have a chance they will play harder. Take their heart and hope and they begin to go thru the motions. In general finish them off.

Plays in general, as a team it's not whistle to whistle all the time, I remember everyone running and playing the last few years till the whistle, now I see guys back side walking or watching. Everyone finish the play.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":mmem21rh said:
MizzouHawkGal":mmem21rh said:
Hasselbeck":mmem21rh said:
MizzouHawkGal":mmem21rh said:

There's really no parallel between the two teams. The Giants started off hot (6-2) then finished the second half of the year 4-4, losing all 4 four games at home. They lost Shockey late in the year and Plaxico was playingY on a bum ankle for the whole postseason.

2. Stellar defense
3. Big time running game

Hasselbeck's point was spot on.
You have a right to that opinion.

Latest posts