Please remember last year when we were 6 and 4 ten weeks in!

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
The Hawks have started slow and last year was not far off from this year! This year we have played some very good teams (including at least 3 undefeated teams). Last year we were 3 and 3, then we went 6 and 4!
Pete and many on the team are saying they have started to turn the corner! If we win the next game at home (it's not going to be easy!) we could really start a good run! Seattle Seahawks have the 4th easiest schedule in the NFL for the rest of the regular season. The hawks have 5 out of 8 home games the rest of the way and the next three will be at home. We have two weeks to continue to work the bug out and come up with a good game plan. I am a glass is half full guy, until the glass is empty :)
The next game at home with Arizona will be the real turning point one way or the other! It would really help if we would win both games against Arizona!

Also did any one see that R.W. passes were off target in the first half and got much better in the second?
One of the keys is going to be R.W. legs and him running for first downs later in the game when the defense gets worn down!
GO HAWKS!

Roger

P.S. I got 1400 crappie in two days, two weeks ago :0190l:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Good point. I think most people feel we looked better last year so far than this year.

Then again, your point about other good teams is also valid. There is an NFL record for the amount of undefeated teams at this point of the year. There's a lot of good teams out there, maybe more so than last year.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Don't really like comparing this year to last year. We were 6-3 at one point and were never under .500. I also don't think the offense and Wilson struggled- as much -as last year. We also had gotten Wagner back last year at week ten, he only missed one game this year. This was obviously important for our D. If I'm not mistaken, Kam didn't get fully healthy til week 10 as well.

Not saying we aren't about to turn the corner but its still not comparable to last year. I had full confidence we were better than Arizona last year even before Palmer got hurt, not sure yet this year.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The big difference is the league fell back enough that we were able to still get the #1 seed at 12-4.

No way that happens this year. Best we can hope for is catch AZ for the division, which probably puts at a 3 or 4 seed, and a much harder path to SB.

Not saying we can't do it, but way different circumstances than 2014.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":31qhtfur said:
The big difference is the league fell back enough that we were able to still get the #1 seed at 12-4.

No way that happens this year. Best we can hope for is catch AZ for the division, which probably puts at a 3 or 4 seed, and a much harder path to SB.

Winning the super bowl in the 49ers stadium would be amazing but I fantasize about an NFCC at home after GB goes 14-2 and loses in the divisional round sending the championship game to Seattle. Just so every cheesehead on the planet would go batshit crazy.

Erebus

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":6ra0j2gl said:

Sure, it'll be harder. But I welcome the challenge of winning three playoff games to reach the Super Bowl, including two on the road. I think the team will be up to it. I want to prove that we don't need the #1 seed to reach the Super Bowl. So far that has been the case.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The 2014 Seattle Seahawks averaged 24.6 pts per game in scoring. The 2015 Seahawks are averaging 20.9. They've only scored at least 24 points in 3 games this season and two of them were losses.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
All legit. However, if we make the playoffs this year, we will in all likelihood not be getting any home field advantage.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Unless Palmer gets injured again, the Cardinals won't have a major collapse like they did last year.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Great post ExBassGuide. I like the positivity and good points about what we've done and where we're going. Our defense is spitting fire and our offense is ramping up. It's a good time to be a Hawks fan :thirishdrinkers:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm not worried sir. The schedule is literally made for a showdown in Glendale and for Green Bay to fall back a bit. It's more likely Carolina will be the number 1 seed. And Carolina isn't Lambaeu at any point in the year.

Currently unless something goes Twilight Zone I'm seeing...

1. Carolina
2. Green Bay
3. NFCW division winner
4. NFCE division winner
5. Atlanta*
6. NFCW second place/ Minnesota

*Unless New Orleans makes the run I'm sensing and catches Atlanta then it's all bets off concerning the 5/6 seeds.

DJrmb

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2qyhxapo said:
Don't really like comparing this year to last year. We were 6-3 at one point and were never under .500. I also don't think the offense and Wilson struggled- as much -as last year. We also had gotten Wagner back last year at week ten, he only missed one game this year. This was obviously important for our D. If I'm not mistaken, Kam didn't get fully healthy til week 10 as well.

Not saying we aren't about to turn the corner but its still not comparable to last year. I had full confidence we were better than Arizona last year even before Palmer got hurt, not sure yet this year.

Not sure record at any single point in the season is a good indicator of how good/bad a team is. What does it matter where the losses come in the season? Ultimately this team could still end up 12-4, the same record as last year. Heck, we've already faced the most difficult part of our schedule for the most part up front. People usually assume that losses will be evenly placed through the year. some early, some in the middle and some late. But that is not and does not always have to be the case. Especially if your schedule is front loaded like the 2015 Seahawks. We also began this season without Kam, and with Earl and Sherman coming of injury with limited preparations and obvious rust. Not until the last couple of games have any of them looked like themselves...

As for the Cardinals I personally think they are the biggest paper tiger in the NFL. They damn near (and should have) lost against a terrible Ravens team at home, at the end of a brutal few weeks travel schedule for the Ravens. They also barely squeaked out a win against a horrid Cleveland Browns team. They simply got the easier part of their schedule upfront (in reverse of the Seahawks) and they beat up on weak teams that weren't ready to play a decent NFCW team. I'm not saying they are bottom dwellers, but they are 3rd in the NFCW this year IMO. If we lose the division it will be to the Rams, not the Cards, and it will take a few more weeks of us struggling and not playing to our real potential...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ovk1sfa said:
I'm not worried sir. The schedule is literally made for a showdown in Glendale and for Green Bay to fall back a bit. It's more likely Carolina will be the number 1 seed. And Carolina isn't Lambaeu at any point in the year.

1. Carolina
2. Green Bay
3. NFCW division winner
4. NFCE division winner
5. Atlanta*

*Unless New Orleans makes the run I'm sensing and catches Atlanta then it's all bets off concerning the 5/6 seeds.

Seattle just needs to win the West. They would be a lock for the 3 seed at that point (the NFCE champ will be 8-8/9-7) .. That assures at least one home game and maybe the NFC Title game being in Seattle should the 1 seed fall.

We can beat any team in the league on any field if we play a clean game. Slow start be damned, this roster is still loaded with talent. Just win the division and worry about the rest later.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3a9ue7pi said:
MizzouHawkGal":3a9ue7pi said:

1. Carolina
2. Green Bay
3. NFCW division winner
4. NFCE division winner
5. Atlanta*

Seattle just needs to win the West. They would be a lock for the 3 seed at that point (the NFCE champ will be 8-8/9-7) .. That assures at least one home game and maybe the NFC Title game being in Seattle should the 1 seed fall.

We can beat any team in the league on any field if we play a clean game. Slow start be damned, this roster is still loaded with talent. Just win the division and worry about the rest later.

This is true

soje

Reaction score
I went to that game against Arizona last year. We were 6-4 at that point, coming from a loss in KC. Wagner was coming back and I remember telling my buddy on our way to the Clink that that game would be the turning point of the season. We went 6-0 for the rest of the season.

Maybe Arizona will be the turning point of our season one more time. That would be a happy coincidence.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
DJrmb":223ka9zd said:
seahawkfreak":223ka9zd said:

Not sure record at any single point in the season is a good indicator of how good/bad a team is. What does it matter where the losses come in the season? Ultimately this team could still end up 12-4, the same record as last year. Heck, we've already faced the most difficult part of our schedule for the most part up front. People usually assume that losses will be evenly placed through the year. some early, some in the middle and some late. But that is not and does not always have to be the case. Especially if your schedule is front loaded like the 2015 Seahawks. We also began this season without Kam, and with Earl and Sherman coming of injury with limited preparations and obvious rust. Not until the last couple of games have any of them looked like themselves...

As for the Cardinals I personally think they are the biggest paper tiger in the NFL. They damn near (and should have) lost against a terrible Ravens team at home, at the end of a brutal few weeks travel schedule for the Ravens. They also barely squeaked out a win against a horrid Cleveland Browns team. They simply got the easier part of their schedule upfront (in reverse of the Seahawks) and they beat up on weak teams that weren't ready to play a decent NFCW team. I'm not saying they are bottom dwellers, but they are 3rd in the NFCW this year IMO. If we lose the division it will be to the Rams, not the Cards, and it will take a few more weeks of us struggling and not playing to our real potential...

Absolutely could be true.

As a Phoenix resident, I have seen all of their games. Hard team to read, really. They have looked really good....and REALLY BAD at times.

Their schedule has been laughably easy, they even lost to the Steelers when they were down to their 3rd string QB.

I think they are dangerous, but easily beatable and overtaken.The back half of their schedule is brutal. I think both teams go into the final week at 9-6, winner take all :)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":faub7tyf said:
Unless Palmer gets injured again, the Cardinals won't have a major collapse like they did last year.

That is not set in stone or even close to predictable. The Cards are playing opposite the Seahawks in the way the schedule sets up. They have only played one team with a winning record and they lost that game. The Hawks played 3 teams at the top of their division, two of which were undefeated and had 4th quarter leads in all 4 of their losses.

Those games against Cinci and Carolina were gut-shots, especially with the kind of lead they had in both, but even with that AZ is only 2 games up and the Hawks have 2 games straight up with the Cards.

The Hawks still have a great shot and that is all they need.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not sure season to season comparisons based on record show much at all. Well, except for the important point that the season is far from over and we have a large amount of control over our own destiny.

I fall back on remembering that pre-Pete, the Seahawks hadn't won a road playoff game since the 80's. That streak is history. Hey, we'd love home field throughout, and we probably won't get that, but the prospect of a road playoff game is not the gut wrenching, fear inducing feeling it once was.

In fact, I wouldn't mind getting there the hard way for once. ;)

The important thing is: we are still very much in the playoff hunt. :th2thumbs: