Pathetic Dallas Crowd

Largent80

Reaction score
For the most part the fans were cool, mainly because their team stinks. However, their gigantic screen kept asking them for noise and even included a decibel meter which never got above 112.

The people that run the screens were asking for noise with players for both teams down on the field for attention from injuries. I've never seen or heard of this happening, and to me was pathetic.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
umm..Century Link does their own versions of noise prompts during the games...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Dallas -Their whole team is one big bag of pathetic,it starts with the owner.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3mbj2l5a said:

During injury stoppages though? I think thatched the OPs point

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":19heudrf said:
ZagHawk":19heudrf said:

I know Seahawk chants have been done at games during injuries, which I always found a bit awkward. I forgot whether or not they were done by the crowd at home or by the big screen.

ihawk

Reaction score
They were pathetic because no matter how crucial the drive for Seattle, the Dallas fans would stand for like one play. The minute the Seahawks got any positive yardage they would all sit down and be quiet.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Amazing stadium, too much luxury, I think they either accepted the fact that they are going to lose or they just were not interested. Super nice people though, the giant screen is a distraction, everyone watches the TV more than the actual game. No matter what, it is an awesome stadium for sure, just getting in and out of the stadium sucks. No sounder, light rail or any of the other modes of transport. Just cars all over, and probably helicopter air lifting the VIPs. Any temperature controlled stadium with all this luxury makes people so comfortable, that they don't sit at their edge of the seats. Seahawks fans were plenty, but there was no coordinated efforts to make noise. I heard chants of Seahawks, but I think everyone thought it was rude to make noise against the home team which is totally fine. Either way, hats off to Jones, regardless of his football acumen that I seriously question sometimes, he has done an amazing job building one of the best NFL stadiums in the nation, a little too nice in my opinion.

Hawks46

Reaction score
You could hear the crowd noise for the seahawks on TV. Whenever we got a big play, it sounded louder than it did for the home team.

Hawks fans definitely represented this game.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1oow60d3 said:
Uncle Si":1oow60d3 said:
ZagHawk":1oow60d3 said:

I know Seahawk chants have been done at games during injuries, which I always found a bit awkward. I forgot whether or not they were done by the crowd at home or by the big screen.

That's what happens when you lose a lot. Dallas simply hasn't been successful for a long time. Fans feel as if they have nothing to cheer for.

Coincidentally, the loudest game ever played in that stadium was our Playoff vs Detroit last year. When Romo threw the game winning TD, you could see the TV cameras shaking. A friend of mine who has season tickets went to the game and said it was deafening in there.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
DoctorChicken":1o7udpni said:
ZagHawk":1o7udpni said:
Uncle Si":1o7udpni said:
ZagHawk":1o7udpni said:

That's what happens when you lose a lot. Dallas simply hasn't been successful for a long time. Fans feel as if they have nothing to cheer for.

Coincidentally, the loudest game ever played in that stadium was our Playoff vs Detroit last year. When Romo threw the game winning TD, you could see the TV cameras shaking. A friend of mine who has season tickets went to the game and said it was deafening in there.
Huh? They went to the playoffs last year. You are saying that is not successful enough to generate a buzz for the team.

Lame

A

Anonymous

I agree with Rob and Vijay, stadium: really cool, fans: meh, engress and egress: tedius, video screen offerings: poorly timed.

It's a palace, no doubt. The main concourse concrete floors had 17 coats of wax on them and the restrooms smelled of fine jasmine and roasted cinnamon almonds, not urine. We sat on an angle whence you could view both the big and end screens of the jumbos, simultaneously. I found it cool that the camera angles shown on each during the action featured an opposite view perspective.

The strange timing of the rah rah graphics aside, we also had to see them slow-motion the Luke Willson TD review down to micro-frames, in such a way as to incite the crowd into a frenzy of "no TD-ism". It was disgusting. It was a touchdown, dammit.

With 91,000+ in there with us, it was easily the largest crowd I have ever been a part of at one time, anywhere, and I have been some places. It was when we had to all leave at the same time that you could really feel the magnitude of humanity in one spot. Breathtaking, literally.

I also saw the youngest Seahawks fan I have ever seen at a game. An infant of 4.5 weeks, this little girl had Hawks gear on and some cool-ass parents too. Mom and dad were from East Texas, so you knew they had to come to the game. Wonder if the baby got in free or if Jerry made them pay?

Oh, and the tailgate party was epic, on numerous levels.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Not one replay of Heath Launching at Lockette, though, on the big tv.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is what happens when you create a stadium that becomes a tourist attraction for every team that plays the Cowboys in it. Jerruh doesn't give a rats ass about HFA.. he just wants all da money.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice Super Mall Stadium. Completely over the top but it's one of those "gotta see it one time before ya kick it" stadiums. Makes CLink look like a Fred Meyer by comparison. Of course I still think our place is world's better in exterior architecture and general sight lines alone but it is a place to behold.

I just thought how darling it was when the Cowboys fans would "get loud". Sounded like one of our home pre season games. So cute!

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
ihawk":2u3z4vz5 said:
They were pathetic because no matter how crucial the drive for Seattle, the Dallas fans would stand for like one play. The minute the Seahawks got any positive yardage they would all sit down and be quiet.

That's been an issue in Dallas since they left the Cotton Bowl.

Our stadium never gives us a homefield advantage, even back in the days when they were always winning Superbowls.

The fans there act like they're going to a tennis match or a golf outing. It's really sad. I've been to a few live games (A couple at Texas Stadium and a couple at ATT&T Stadium) and I'm always, by far, the loudest person in the area I am. It's rough to get people to be loud and show any excitement.

Definitely wish the Cowboys fans at home games would be more like Kansas City and Seattle fans.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I agree with most here about the stadium. It looked nice, but it was too quiet. My wife thought it was boring as hell during the game, (she also admitted C-Link was more fun even though her Vikings lost that game). We both agreed we'd never go back there.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
OkieHawk":t2tzsro9 said:
I agree with most here about the stadium. It looked nice, but it was too quiet. My wife thought it was boring as hell during the game, (she also admitted C-Link was more fun even though her Vikings lost that game). We both agreed we'd never go back there.

I am with you both on this. Other things made the trip less than spectacular, but we live on. We left a tiny bit early 38 seconds left and saw that the game was won when I went down to the restroom and worked with the almond cinnamon aroma. LOL HH.

Other notes.....
Seahawks08….agreed with your post. Nice to meet you.

HHawk Oh, and the tailgate party was epic, on numerous levels.
Me.........Yes…yes it was. Post pics when you can all.....Please.

Scottemojo Not one replay of Heath Launching at Lockette, though, on the big tv.

Me.....Agreed. They did not show it again. A little later a fan below me, all fans were below me. I was on the highest tower at the tallest tree…but anyway….that fan showed some the clip of the play on his phone. Also I was on .NET IRC during most of the game too. Got booted a couple times when the antenna power dipped. But overall ok.

Aros…Nice Super Mall Stadium. Completely over the top but it's one of those "gotta see it one time before ya kick it" stadiums. Makes CLink look like a Fred Meyer by comparison. Of course I still think our place is world's better in exterior architecture and general sight lines alone but it is a place to behold.

I just thought how darling it was when the Cowboys fans would "get loud". Sounded like one of our home pre season games. So cute!

ME....Yep totally agree.

Met someone at the airport leaving that monitors this web. Good people with great attitudes out there.

Also met some great cowboy fans too. One was in the cab from the airport to get my vehicle this morning. In Boise.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3n5hmio9 said:
Not one replay of Heath Launching at Lockette, though, on the big tv.
That hit was way less violent than the one put on Sean Lee by Tate a couple of years ago. It does appear Ricardo saw it coming and reacted. If you go back and look at still photos of the Tate hit you can see where Lee's face is contorted from the impact. That being said, I believe both were clean hits. It is a violent sport. So glad Ricardo is doing as well as he is but not sure I could ever get back on the field again after that. It looked way worse on TV than in the stadium because from where I sat you couldn't see him obviously unconscious because he was surrounded by players (which included former teammate C. Michael).

peppersjap

Reaction score
I had some of the same experiences as the rest of you but my opinion definitely differs in other areas. I definitely disagree on getting out of the stadium. I was in the top row of the stadium and we walked to the concourse of the 400 level with zero wait (we stayed until the clock said zero). Once we got there we had to wait a couple of minutes to get on the escalator but once we were on it was a walk in the park to get to the bottom level. Once we hit ground level we just walked straight to the parking lot. I sit in section 328 at the Clink and have recently used the nearest stairs to exit and when you reach the bottom you are funneled into an area where you go down the final flight and you go where the crowd goes. I love the Clink but I found my experience entering and exited AT&T stadium a complete breeze.

I ride the Bremerton ferry to the games so I'm used to walking afterwards and we are walking in a very big crowd the entire way. We stayed in a hotel probably a mile and a half away on Six Flags drive so we walked back, once we cleared the parking lot and passed the baseball stadium there was zero crowd. We did pay for parking before the game for $20 close to our hotel and walked to it and were shuttled to the stadium which was awesome.

I loved the tailgate! It was such a great experience since it is something we really aren't allowed to do. I have gone to a bar the last 10 years that I enjoy in Seattle but it is a place I would not go in at night. That being said I would not want to frequent any of the Pioneers square bars at night unless it was on game day. The bars by our hotel were very fun and places I'm way more comfortable with.

I agree that the Cowboy fans were very quiet except when prompted but I didn't get the full experience since our section was almost all Seahawk fans.

The Video screen's are awesome and probably the biggest distraction in sports because it is hard not to just watch the TV. My seats were significantly higher here than at the Clink.

I never had a bathroom line longer than maybe 10 people and almost all concession stands had zero lines and the people working were actually calling out to you to come over (this was at the end of the 3rd quarter). I'm not quite sure why it is like that.

As for Jerry being all about money the only prices I saw were for Domestic Beers and they were $8.50 which is either equivalent of what we charge or cheaper.

The showing at the Hawk-o-ween party was very impressive but they were not set up to handle that kind of crowd. They had 2 bartenders trying to serve that many people. There was almost never a line at the bathroom (and it was small) and the joke was always that no one needs to go because you can't get a drink. Basically the only place you could move was the bathroom. I have been to McFaddens in Glendale multiple times and they are large enough plus they set up tubs of Beer to alleviate the lines. It really was awesome to Have a place where all the Hawk fans could congregate but once they turned off the Cougar and Huskies games (really didn't have a great place to watch them anyway) we headed back to Redneck Heaven and drank with the fans who didn't know about the party and watched the games.

It was a fantastic event that was put on by Tanya and the Texas Seahawkers, I think the Bar just couldn't handle it but we had a blast anyway. I'm sure others have different opinions, this was just mine.,

My last thought is about the Dallas fans. We never had one negative word directed against us. My favorite moment of the weekend was when we got on the shuttle to the stadium and 2 Cowboy fans had a son with a Wilson jersey on. He left his parents and came and talked to us. That shows what a class act we have leading our team. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to that stadium again. It is fantastic. My only regret is I should have taken a tour because I didn't see it all.