Jeremy Lane to come off PUP list in the next week

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Actually, he just said that Lane would start practicing when the team returns, he remains on the PUP list I believe until they bring him onto the active roster. Weird that Condotta would get that wrong as he's usually very accurate. Regardless, excellent news. I'll assume Steve Terrell's job may finally be in jeopardy when he returns as I believe McCray can play FS.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Will be nice to have him back. Hopefully he can get into game shape quickly.

seanoob

Reaction score
Getting Lane back is a huge deal for Gunner and CB (depth?).

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":jymxrmnm said:
Actually, he just said that Lane would start practicing when the team returns, he remains on the PUP list I believe until they bring him onto the active roster. Weird that Condotta would get that wrong as he's usually very accurate. Regardless, excellent news. I'll assume Steve Terrell's job may finally be in jeopardy when he returns as I believe McCray can play FS.

Just a slight correction . . . once a player starts practicing he comes off the PUP List but does not count against the 53-man roster until he is activated to play. The team has a three week window before they have to activate the player to the 53-man roster (or release or IR him). No one on the PUP list may practice with their team.

Laloosh

Reaction score
seanoob":2j68cto4 said:
Getting Lane back is a huge deal for Gunner and CB (depth?).

Initially I would imagine he sees limited snaps. Works back into it. From an experience / skill standpoint, he's better than depth. He's reliable at nickel corner and gunner.

Hope he's able to make a full recovery with no drop off physically.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1c9b2ozt said:
CalgaryHawk":1c9b2ozt said:

Just a slight correction . . . once a player starts practicing he comes off the PUP List but does not count against the 53-man roster until he is activated to play. The team has a three week window before they have to activate the player to the 53-man roster (or release or IR him). No one on the PUP list may practice with their team.

So basically there's no name for this "in limbo" status. Richardson for example is not technically on the PUP list now but he's also not on the active roster list either, so technically you should not find Richardson's name anywhere on the Seahawks team roster page while in this limbo state. But if you go the team's roster on their official home page, you'll see Richardson still listed on the PUP list, even though you're telling me this is not technically accurate. They need to create a new name for this list called "Off-PUP and Practicing" or something.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
This is great news! Is it possible he could eventually take over the right corner spot or do you think he's better suited as the nickel? Could Cary Williams play the nickel or do you guys like him where he's at?

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I think Shead is probably next in line at outside corner spot after Sherman and Williams, but I'm guessing that Lane would be the next guy after that. And Lane should be 1st string nickel CB when healthy and up to speed.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":e1awklve said:
This is great news! Is it possible he could eventually take over the right corner spot or do you think he's better suited as the nickel? Could Cary Williams play the nickel or do you guys like him where he's at?

I think Lane is best at Nickle and Williams on the outside.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This is very big news and against spread type offenses he is very valuable. Excited to see him back in the fold.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Wishful thinking, but it would be really nice to have him against Arizona. They have three legitimate weapons in the passing game and their slot receiver is very good.

kidhawk

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3mmrvbjm said:
hawknation2015":3mmrvbjm said:
CalgaryHawk":3mmrvbjm said:

So basically there's no name for this "in limbo" status. Richardson for example is not technically on the PUP list now but he's also not on the active roster list either, so technically you should not find Richardson's name anywhere on the Seahawks team roster page while in this limbo state. But if you go the team's roster on their official home page, you'll see Richardson still listed on the PUP list, even though you're telling me this is not technically accurate. They need to create a new name for this list called "Off-PUP and Practicing" or something.

The team's roster page is unofficial and is there mainly as a reference for the fans. Everything in there is not guaranteed to be up to date at all times.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":7ssol8io said:
Siouxhawk":7ssol8io said:

I think Lane is best at Nickle and Williams on the outside.
Yeah, that's the way it will likely go. Look forward to seeing Lane back there

sutz

Reaction score
Excellent news! Will be very useful down the stretch here. His injury was a big reason we lost SB49.

Hope he comes back 100%.

Latest posts