Cary Williams

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
I haven't gotten a chance to go back and single him out in tape, but as far as I could tell in the live broadcast, he balled out yesterday. I know it was against Cassel, but that's something he can build confidence off of.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Real hard game to measure because the Cowboys played extremely conservative yesterday. Arizona will be a much bigger test for him given their speed at WR. I imagine Sherm will shadow Fitz around leaving Cary to defend Floyd

Exittium

Reaction score
honestly... Cary i suspect will be our downfall and weak link against Az. We're gunna have to push some help to his side.

marko358

Reaction score
Good to see Burley back and possibly Lane by the time we play Arizona.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Cary Williams is not playing as bad as many on this board would have you believe. He's not a star CB, but he's as good as Maxwell (who gave up some big plays too), IMO. Arizona is going to be a tough test, though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkFan72":31ukdhqa said:
Cary Williams is not playing as bad as many on this board would have you believe. He's not a star CB, but he's as good as Maxwell (who gave up some big plays too), IMO. Arizona is going to be a tough test, though.

Lies. Cary Williams is not only the worst corner in the history of football, but he shot JFK and helped cover up Benghazi.

(Waits for massari to come in here with his hindsight FA signings that we could have had if the NFL were franchise mode on Madden 16)

HawkGA

Reaction score
Dude, Michael Bennett already told us who shot Kennedy . . . though I can't remember who he blamed for that. Was it Stafford?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
HawkGA":l67gshyk said:
Dude, Michael Bennett already told us who shot Kennedy . . . though I can't remember who he blamed for that. Was it Stafford?
Belicheat

captSE

Reaction score
Cary Williams is no Byron Maxwell. I sincerely hope they give him the pink slip. Hell, they occasionally put Sherman over there to help his ars out - never seen that before.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Cary Williams has been better than Maxwell since hes been active in all games and is just started to understand how the Hawks play.

Few CBs were as good as '13 Maxwell but since '14 he was merely average, and less so in '15.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2afp5hqc said:

The difference I see is Maxwell has better ball skills. He likes to go for the pick or the fumble.
Still, Williams should be cheaper than what he makes.

seabowl

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":ymb6lw15 said:
Cary Williams has been better than Maxwell since hes been active in all games and is just started to understand how the Hawks play.

Few CBs were as good as '13 Maxwell but since '14 he was merely average, and less so in '15.

He is absolutely toast against a decent QB/WR combo. I don't think he'll ever get how to be a Hawk style DB. Frankly he's been spotty at best everywhere he's been hence going from team to team.

Basis4day

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1lc4yav7 said:
Simon coming back at the right time. Arizona has a lot of weapons.

I think you mean Lane. Simon is on IR for the year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Cary Williams is the grassy knoll. Everybody knows it's there........but not, at the same time.

Rob12

Reaction score
captSE":2bwb02hc said:
Cary Williams is no Byron Maxwell. I sincerely hope they give him the pink slip. Hell, they occasionally put Sherman over there to help his ars out - never seen that before.

Isn't Maxwell getting torched in Philly?

Hawks46

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":2rl00cwv said:
HawkFan72":2rl00cwv said:

The difference I see is Maxwell has better ball skills. He likes to go for the pick or the fumble.
Still, Williams should be cheaper than what he makes.

Coverage wise, they are similar. I think Williams is actually faster, Maxwell is more physical against physical WRs. Maxwell liked to push guys to the sidelines, and would sometimes guess that way and get burned inside.

Maxwell was far better against the run. He was also better at forcing turnovers.

Right now, I'd rather have Maxwell, but I'd take the Ravens version of WIlliams if he could come back. It's possible he works into that here.

peppersjap

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2hmqlynp said:
As a pure cover guy, I view Williams as an improvement over Maxwell at a discounted rate.
Maxwell has been a disaster for Philadelphia after what they have paid him. He was successful in a system!

peppersjap

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3pnvidyz said:
HawkFan72":3pnvidyz said:

Lies. Cary Williams is not only the worst corner in the history of football, but he shot JFK and helped cover up Benghazi.

(Waits for massari to come in here with his hindsight FA signings that we could have had if the NFL were franchise mode on Madden 16)
Wasn't he linked to 9/11 too? I love the people who say we need to go with Tharold Simon who has been healthy for zero games this year and was the major factor in us losing in the Super Bowl. The guy looked very good in pre season this year but unfortunately that is the only time we have seen him healthy.