Justin Britt and PFF Grades

Ozzy

Reaction score
I didn't notice him much yesterday which is probably a good thing.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The guy I did notice was Collins.

Really disappoints me they could have gotten him but didn't.

But the whole Hawk OL did a good job of not giving up sacks. I was worried Hardy and his boys would hurt Wilson, but the line kept that from happening.

aredub

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":36d771k1 said:
The guy I did notice was Collins.

Really disappoints me they could have gotten him but didn't.

But the whole Hawk OL did a good job of not giving up sacks. I was worried Hardy and his boys would hurt Wilson, but the line kept that from happening.

I was thinking the same thing during the game. Last year during the draft I wanted us to take a flier on him in 7th round. It was worth the risk but I guess not worth the PR risk if it didn't work out. Bummer!

Mojambo

Reaction score
They couldn't have gotten him.

Functionally, he was a FA.

But I guess we could have thrown away a 7th to make people feel better.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Britt did have a nice second-level block on one of Heart's early 10ish hard runs.

He didn't stand out in a bad way, like he has in some games.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Had a good game, but still he has been horrible. You just need to watch a few plays from previous games to know how bad he is. Numbers are just stupid.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
The good news is that Sweezy and Britt both had good games which means Nowak is getting his call down and can focus more on the physical side of blocking.

Hawks46

Reaction score
northseahawk":39rnffqk said:
Had a good game, but still he has been horrible. You just need to watch a few plays from previous games to know how bad he is. Numbers are just stupid.

Nice. So, numbers are stupid, yet it's brilliant to think that a guy that switched positions basically after training camp was already over, to a position he hadn't played since his freshman year in college won't get better as he gets more experience is something you picked up from Einstein's memoirs ?

Color me shocked that a guy gets better at a new position as the season goes on and he gets more experience. I'm even more surprised that analytic numbers show it as well. :sarcasm_off:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think anyone on the team has improved more from Week 1 until now. Sweezy played a solid game, which I think was related to how well Drew Nowak played. Nowak looked in total command of the line out there, which is such a stark contrast to how he looked against Detroit last month. He even bounced back from a mid-game ankle injury and continued to play at a high level. The line is finally starting to come together. If they can get Okung back next week, they have a real chance to start rolling.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
hawknation2015":230ad4gv said:
Honestly, I don't think anyone on the team has improved more from Week 1 until now. Sweezy played a solid game, which I think was related to how well Drew Nowak played. Nowak looked in total command of the line out there, which is such a stark contrast to how he looked against Detroit last month. He even bounced back from a mid-game ankle injury and continued to play at a high level. The line is finally starting to come together. If they can get Okung back next week, they have a real chance to start rolling.

Just like Pete said they would. Here's hoping he is right again!

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Trenchbroom":14gvnvpw said:
hawknation2015":14gvnvpw said:

Just like Pete said they would. Here's hoping he is right again!

Seriously, Bailey got beat like a rented mule. If it wasn't for the 3 step drops, Hardy would've had the numbers to follow up his Russ abuse.

Great news on Okung.

kf3339

Reaction score
Mojambo":1hqkyrcu said:
They couldn't have gotten him.

Functionally, he was a FA.

But I guess we could have thrown away a 7th to make people feel better.

Actually, they could have gotten him and I think he would have signed. There are many ways to compensate and he easily would have seen the long term potential of being a part of this team. I never thought he would hold out an entire season and wait the the next draft, so a 7th to take a chance would have been fine with pretty much everyone. How often do they pan out to begin with?

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2015":g9tpgdyx said:

I thought the interior three starters showed good progress again this week. Although, the Cowboys didn't blitz a lot according to Bob Condotta. That will be something the next opponent will glean from the Dallas game video.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/661259113913958400[/tweet]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Jville":1buvolmp said:
hawknation2015":1buvolmp said:

I thought the interior three starters showed good progress again this week. Although, the Cowboys didn't blitz a lot according to Bob Condotta. That will be something the next opponent will glean from the Dallas game video.

They did on third down.

On his interception, what Dallas barely did was disguise their blitz. They crowded the line and Russ was visibly flustered. Bevell actually had a good call for it (screen) but Hardy just made a great play. Fortunately, Wilson made the game-saving tackle.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":15xa6j13 said:
Jville":15xa6j13 said:
hawknation2015":15xa6j13 said:

They did on third down.

On his interception, what Dallas barely did was disguise their blitz. They crowded the line and Russ was visibly flustered. Bevell actually had a good call for it (screen) but Hardy just made a great play. Fortunately, Wilson made the game-saving tackle.

This was a good play by Hardy, but it was a terrible attempt at a chop block by Bailey. He telegraphed that block badly. In the same way receivers need to make the footwork for their routes the same off the line, the tackle needs his footwork to look the same for a five step drop as a screen pass.

Latest posts