Inconsistency

Davidess

Reaction score
On the Oline doesn't help the play calling.
They did great today but they will need to stay consistent through out the season to gain some trust.

want better play calling? get better with that protection. enough said. GO HAWKS!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Davidess":3emj4sr5 said:
On the Oline doesn't help the play calling.
They did great today but they will need to stay consistent through out the season to gain some trust.

want better play calling? get better with that protection. enough said. GO HAWKS!
IMHO, your play calling needs to adjust around the players you have. You need to adjust for your teams strengths and weaknesses. It's not rocket science.

Laloosh

Reaction score
We were getting the ball out quick yesterday. I was glad to see it and I hope it continues for Russell's safety.

Of all the games we've seen this season, it was the least offensive play calling that I can recall (my memory does suck however).

White Devil

Reaction score
Laloosh":1ec006sk said:
We were getting the ball out quick yesterday. I was glad to see it and I hope it continues for Russell's safety.

Of all the games we've seen this season, it was the least offensive play calling that I can recall (my memory does suck however).

I agree, it wasn't anything spectacular, but we're seeing, IMO, Pete leaning harder on Bev to stick with the run and feed off the play-action.

hawker84

Reaction score
As mentioned already, I liked seeing the I formation again, seemed like the running game and play action from it was fairly successful. And I'm not sure, but I think we actually passed the ball two downs in a row yesterday? Had Russ been a little sharper early on he'd of had a 300 yard day.

Just nice to see us move the ball on a decent defense.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Russell was still getting pounded, but at least he had a chance to get rid of the ball.