I Formation

HawkGA

Reaction score
Really thought this team discovered something new with using the I formation last week. Yet this week it was almost non-existent. Bevel's insistence on trying to turn this team into a pass happy team is maddening. He did seem to discover the run game and the roll out towards the end of this game. So I'm assuming we won't be seeing any of that next game either.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I noticed that for most of the game, we were definitely passing much more than running the ball. Lynch had 9 rushes after three quarters. The results were not good. In the fourth quarter we gave Lynch the ball 12 times. We went on two sustained drives and put up much more offense. We kept the ball away from Dallas and it was a complete turnaround.

It's pretty obvious. Run the ball Bevell.

j hawk

Reaction score
Remember that out of the "I" the FB and RB can add additional pass blocking. Not a bad thing for Russel.

Exittium

Reaction score
It seems they see it as well with the additional blocking. I like that they used it some more, but I wonder how long it will go on. Because ya know.. its bevell and if its working we're doing it wrong.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think something is very wrong with the offense. Without being in the film room with them, I'm not sure exactly what.

It's ridiculous that we couldn't run the ball against a Cowboys team that was giving up 5 ypc before this game.

timmat

Reaction score
It is maddening to see some early successes in the run game, and then go what feels like long stretches where Marshawn does not get consistent touches. 4-ish yards on 1st down is huge. You can afford to take a shot on 2nd and still have a manageable 3rd if it doesn't work. At the very least, it's not nearly as predictable for opposing defenses when there is some gain on first down and we stay out of obvious run/pass situations. If the I formation is working at 4-5 yards a pop, you can't go away from it.

mrt144

Reaction score
timmat":4oqp40hw said:
It is maddening to see some early successes in the run game, and then go what feels like long stretches where Marshawn does not get consistent touches. 4-ish yards on 1st down is huge. You can afford to take a shot on 2nd and still have a manageable 3rd if it doesn't work. At the very least, it's not nearly as predictable for opposing defenses when there is some gain on first down and we stay out of obvious run/pass situations. If the I formation is working at 4-5 yards a pop, you can't go away from it.

Bevell sees what works, thinks the defense will adjust, then goes the opposite direction trying to outfox them and it almost always kills a drive.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Tukuafu pissed me off when he whiffed on his lead block on 1st and Goal with like 2:20 something left.

If Tuk gets his body on the guy, Beastmode hits the corner, but the FB whiffs, Lynch is corralled and then knocked out of bounds with 2:07 left.

Could have drained another 40 seconds off but Tuk ends up taking out Luke Willson.

Im glad it all worked out in the end but this game offensively after the 1st series felt like Murphy's Law and ofcourse the Seahawks would give us a nail-biter. Its like they were still celebrating Halloween trying to scare the hell out of us, 12s.