WE WON!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We won this game at Dallas against a real good defense and they threw all they had at us.In reading some of the posts you would think we lost or it wasn't pretty enough win.This is the NFL there are no give me wins,ask the Falcons.I dunno maybe some of us are just so spoiled we forget there is close games every season,usually we have won most of them till this year.We have to start somewhere in winning those and what better team to go into the bye week with a win against but the Cowboys!I'm happy,I know we are not at SB level yet but I see things getting there game by game.So great win!Enjoy the bye (downers) GO HAWKS!!!

soohawk

Reaction score
Beat the 9ers and Cowboys back to back. It's not their Hall of Fame '94 squads, but its still fun every time it happens :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2g7q7l2w said:
We won this game at Dallas against a real good defense and they threw all they had at us.In reading some of the posts you would think we lost or it wasn't pretty enough win.This is the NFL there are no give me wins,ask the Falcons.I dunno maybe some of us are just so spoiled we forget there is close games every season,usually we have won most of them till this year.We have to start somewhere in winning those and what better team to go into the bye week with a win against but the Cowboys!I'm happy,I know we are not at SB level yet but I see things getting there game by game.So great win!Enjoy the bye (downers) GO HAWKS!!!
To quote the old rassler Rick Flair...... "WOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo"

Jerhawk

Reaction score
A win is a win.

We have been spoiled over the past few years. Now we can celebrate a win for the next two weeks and look forward to the Cardinals coming to town in prime time!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I like how we won by having our offense put up a game sucking drive and capping it off with points then having our D finish it. The opposite of the way we lost games. Lets face it this team is not designed to blow out teams. More often than not games will be close. Finishing is the key and se seem to have found it again. Whew.

Optimus25

Reaction score
If we win smartly, I'll take it any which way.

To have dumb mistakes make it way too hard just pisses me off tho man.

Sherman doing the most blatent holding I've ever seen this season, when it was hardly necessary to spring lockett anyways.

Lynch going out of bounds... Basically twice, ruled out only once.

Russ holding and holding the ball, missing Jimmy early in the route.

Russ floating a terrible dangerous throw

Twelve on the field after a time out

Bennett, both penalties.

Coming out on our second drive and the first play we target lockette. Literally what i would consider our sixth best receiver.

Third and four we throw another low percentage fade.

The mistakes are just agonizing. All of these are just deja vu, all season long.

The win kinda masks them. Hope to hell they're addressed.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Optimus25":1ee3tjwz said:

Sherman doing the most blatent holding I've ever seen this season, when it was hardly necessary to spring lockett anyways.

Bennett, both penalties.

Coming out on our second drive and the first play we target lockette. Literally what i would consider our sixth best receiver.

The mistakes are just agonizing. All of these are just deja vu, all season long.

Every NFL fan of every NFL team can make a list like this after every NFL win.

wishing for perfection is cool I guess. Makes watching the games and enjoying the wins, well, a lot less fun.

Jville

Reaction score
When it really mattered .... they finished.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JacsonBevens/status/660992458969387008[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/660985457627414528[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/660985751409037312[/tweet]

MrThortan

Reaction score
Game day forum was entertaining to read during the game, but extremely negative. Folks just seem to have black or white thinking and take opinions to one extreme or the other.

Russel Wilson missed an open receiver... he is over paid, he needs to get laid. Defense allows the opposing offense to sustain a drive capped with a field goal.. defense has no heart, no passions, too many people got paid. Etc etc. I don't know why people expect perfection or complete domination. It's the NFL against legitimate NFL teams. Winning isn't easy. Lesser teams upset superior teams every season.

So much gloom and doom when there is still 15-30min left in a close game. To each their own though. I will continue to roll my eyes, eat my popcorn and be entertained.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3h3jy768 said:
Optimus25":3h3jy768 said:

Bennett, both penalties.

wishing for perfection is cool I guess. Makes watching the games and enjoying the wins, well, a lot less fun.

Yeah I'm sure rodgers will throw a terrible ball this evening nearly ruining the game like russ did... Theyre almost the same pay, right?. I mean i love Wilson, he drove us to victory, but what if that ball is one inch higher?

Stupid.

Bennett is the greatest stupid player in the history of the nfl. The one thing you cannot do is give them fifteen there. Completely unacceptable. In every single Damn way.

Oh, and tell me which team today comes out of a gd time out in defensive fg formation and has twelve people...
Cause that alone really should have virtually lost the game.

And then tell me which team today was simply and obviously just running the clock down only to have their veteran run out of bounds twice and thankfully only get ruled out once?

Cause it didn't happen today. All thirty one other teams.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Optimus25":2cxo5img said:
Hawkpower":2cxo5img said:
Optimus25":2cxo5img said:

Bennett, both penalties.

Yeah I'm sure rodgers will throw a terrible ball this evening nearly ruining the game like russ did... Theyre almost the same pay, right?. I mean i love Wilson, he drove us to victory, but what if that ball is one inch higher?

Stupid.

Bennett is the greatest stupid player in the history of the nfl. The one thing you cannot do is give them fifteen there. Completely unacceptable. In every single Damn way.

Oh, and tell me which team today comes out of a gd time out in defensive fg formation and has twelve people...

Yes, as I said, every team in every game makes stupid mistakes. I just watched GB blow a coverage in the secondary. Uh oh.....

I agree that the lack of perfection is frustrating, and that mistakes can cost games, but its also a reality.

Wishing for perfection and thus not enjoying wins when they come is your choice I suppose.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":3rgjioad said:
Hawkpower":3rgjioad said:
Optimus25":3rgjioad said:

Bennett, both penalties.

Stupid.

And then tell me which team today was simply and obviously just running the clock down only to have their veteran run out of bounds twice and thankfully only get ruled out once?

Bennetts call was ticky tacky. He actually was above knees. He does waaaay more good than bad. As far as Russ with a bad throw. Well you are right. Lets just get ride of him and get a third round pick and start.....? Yeah all of our team is stupid. I am sure you have it figured out from your living room and would get a touchdown every play and win every game every year. If you dont like watching then dont. Just dont show how little football knowledge you have with posts like these.

samwize77

Reaction score
Optimus25":1kv066si said:
Hawkpower":1kv066si said:
Optimus25":1kv066si said:

Bennett, both penalties.

Stupid.

Didn't TB beat Atlanta today? I'd say Atlanta is the better team. So something had to happen. Ask Atlanta fans how their team played today...probably won't be pretty

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1yd8y1uv said:
Optimus25":1yd8y1uv said:
Hawkpower":1yd8y1uv said:
Optimus25":1yd8y1uv said:

Bennett, both penalties.

Stupid.

Yes, as I said, every team in every game makes stupid mistakes. I just watched GB blow a coverage in the secondary. Uh oh.....

I agree that the lack of perfection is frustrating, and that mistakes can cost games, but its also a reality.

Wishing for perfection and thus not enjoying wins when they come is your choice I suppose.

I enjoyed the hell out of it friend.

I am not enjoying the defeats to come because these things are never getting fixed from Pete's yoga and positivity message with no hard nosed old fashioned accountability.

Seriously, what does lynch have to say about going out of bounds essentially twice???? My bad brah?

This is a game of inches, we know better than any team in the league.

The difference between a minute and a minute seven when they had no timeouts could have literally been the game.

There's a major difference between a fan expecting perfection and one who expects stupidity to not come from our top four or five players.

And when i say stupidity, i mean game winning or losing stupidity. Not run of the mill mistakes.

Exittium

Reaction score
MrThortan":3abq224c said:
Game day forum was entertaining to read during the game, but extremely negative. Folks just seem to have black or white thinking and take opinions to one extreme or the other.

Russel Wilson missed an open receiver... he is over paid, he needs to get laid. Defense allows the opposing offense to sustain a drive capped with a field goal.. defense has no heart, no passions, too many people got paid. Etc etc. I don't know why people expect perfection or complete domination. It's the NFL against legitimate NFL teams. Winning isn't easy. Lesser teams upset superior teams every season.

So much gloom and doom when there is still 15-30min left in a close game. To each their own though. I will continue to roll my eyes, eat my popcorn and be entertained.
Whats so wrong with any of it? Its passion and some are more passionate than others about the sport.. People who like to make themselves feel better by making themselves out to be a better fan because they dont so that stuff arent any better or anymore of a fan. And neither does it warrant a post such as this. People act differently. Some yell, some curse, some don't do anything. I know I'm not the only one tired of posts such as this. We are all fans here. Period

Hawkpower

Reaction score

wishing for perfection is cool I guess. Makes watching the games and enjoying the wins, well, a lot less fun.[/quote]

Stupid.

Cause that alone really should have virtually lost the game.[/quote]

Wishing for perfection and thus not enjoying wins when they come is your choice I suppose.[/quote]

I enjoyed the hell out of it friend.

I am not enjoying the defeats to come because these things are never getting fixed from Pete's yoga and positivity message with no hard nosed old fashioned accountability.

Seriously, what does lynch have to say about going out of bounds essentially twice???? My bad brah?

This is a game of inches, we know better than any team in the league.

The difference between a minute and a minute seven when they had no timeouts could have literally been the game.

There's a major difference between a fan expecting perfection and one who expects stupidity to not come from our top four or five players.

And when i say stupidity, i mean game winning or losing stupidity. Not run of the mill mistakes.[/quote]

Haha now we are calling Pete's philosophy to the floor?

Pete wins my friend. His track record speaks for itself.

By the way, when you witness an NFL game with no stupid mistakes, let us know. Maybe post a link. We'd all like to see it.

Thanks.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Exittium":3h7fkwt9 said:
MrThortan":3h7fkwt9 said:

Whats so wrong with any of it? Its passion and some are more passionate than others about the sport than other.. People who like to make themselves feel better by making themselves out to be a better fan because they dont so that stuff arent any better or anymore of a fan. And neither does it warrant a post such ass this. People act differently. Some yell, some curse, some don't do anything. I know I'm not the only one tired of posts such as this. We are all fans here. Period

I do that.....in my living room......and then I feel dumb after the game is over.

When they are posted in a public forum, our in game over-reactions are on display for all to see.

Its the fans that continue to defend their in-game over reactions by stomping around after a win that look the most ridiculous.

We can worry about future losses, if and when they occur, right? There will be plenty of time to gnash teeth if it becomes necessary I would imagine.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Exittium":jeatfa4e said:
MrThortan":jeatfa4e said:

Whats so wrong with any of it? Its passion and some are more passionate than others about the sport.. People who like to make themselves feel better by making themselves out to be a better fan because they dont so that stuff arent any better or anymore of a fan. And neither does it warrant a post such as this. People act differently. Some yell, some curse, some don't do anything. I know I'm not the only one tired of posts such as this. We are all fans here. Period

The game day forum takes some getting used to. Just need to remember it's running commentary not a final summary of fact.