Irvin

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He gets dogged often on here so time to give him some credit. Bruce with a huge sack on the last Cowboy drive. That was a big play when the Seahawks needed it. Good job Irvin!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Loved the total effort to get that sack to seal it up the win.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
It was nice to have, but it was a coverage sack. The QB should ha e just thrown it out of bounds. What suck is that one, if not bith, of Cassel's runs went through the void left by Irvin's insanely wide routes on his stunts.

I feel like he is just, there. Not necessarily a bad thing because it is solid production, but it is replaceable production for a much lower price tag.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Right before his sack, I was asking for them to "make a play". That qualified.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":19qx7ljz said:
It was nice to have, but it was a coverage sack. The QB should have just thrown it out of bounds.

Agreed.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He's a much better player than he's given credit for here. Mostly because of some if the boneheaded things he does or says off the field. It sucks that we probably can't afford to keep him.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Since the 2nd half of last season, Irvin has been one of the best SLBs in the league. There isn't a single thing that he doesn't do well in the run and pass game. If some folks can't separate his actual play and ability with a few things he's done that's their problem. And yeah...we probably won't be able to keep him, which also skews things for some people in terms of what they want to believe about a given player. I don't get the grudge thing that a lot of people have with some of our players in general though.

chris98251

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":19jwa7ql said:
It was nice to have, but it was a coverage sack. The QB should ha e just thrown it out of bounds. What suck is that one, if not bith, of Cassel's runs went through the void left by Irvin's insanely wide routes on his stunts.

I feel like he is just, there. Not necessarily a bad thing because it is solid production, but it is replaceable production for a much lower price tag.

They keep saying that about our O Line also, that's worked out well, next year it will be about our QB.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Irvin is playing for a contract. He's a pretty good linebacker, can run down some pretty fast players, but there was no way we were going to sign him to the same contract he has. I'm sure he'll get paid more elsewhere and we'll be cursing his success.