Great defense - but we still need to shut down a great QB

titan3131

Reaction score
Our defense is allowing a lot of runs more then 3 yards.

Polk738

Reaction score
I noticed that too but I attributed that today to the dallas OL, they were manhandling our guys on some of those runs

titan3131

Reaction score
I had the same thought but really it has been a trend all year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2gq8lq1u said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/661055348778778625[/tweet]

YPG, really, Hawkblogger? Whatever it takes to support your homerism, I guess.

And those stats are largely a byproduct of our VERY hot-and-cold lineup. Laughable Lions, Unbearable Bears, Freefalling 49ers, and Romo-less Cowboys.

We're looking suspiciously like the 2007 paper tiger Seahawks, except that we're hanging closer in all of our games.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1q2uy4c2 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1q2uy4c2 said:

And those stats are largely a byproduct of our VERY hot-and-cold lineup. Laughable Lions, Unbearable Bears, Freefalling 49ers, and Romo-less Cowboys.

We're looking suspiciously like the 2007 paper tiger Seahawks, except that we're hanging closer in all of our games.

Looking like 2007, but hanging closer. The statement and qualifier totally contradict one another. They are clearly better than 2007 by your own statement.

zifnab32

Reaction score
titan3131":gon0qv66 said:
Our defense is allowing a lot of runs more then 3 yards.

McFadden averaged 3.2 ypc.

As a team they were at 4.3, largely because of Cassel's two scrambles.

timmat

Reaction score
For more success in the 2nd half of the season, our O needs to take some of the burden off the D. The only games we've won this year so far are the four games our D allowed ZERO TDs. In the modern NFL, it seems crazy that our D has not allowed a TD in half of our games. It's a pretty tall order to basically tell the D "if you give up a single TD, we will have a tough time winning". Even with a few of the 4th quarter breakdowns, those games should have been salted away with even average offensive performances. I'm not sure it's realistic to require the D to shut down those great QBs. Limit huge plays and get off the field on 3rd down, and expect the O to help more. Otherwise, I fear we continue to beat the bad teams, and lose to the good ones.

kearly

Reaction score
Outside of four horrendous 4th quarters, Seattle's D has been championship caliber. The only thing missing is the turnovers, and turnovers are heavily luck influenced.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kearly":2ln2q7tb said:
Outside of four horrendous 4th quarters, Seattle's D has been championship caliber. The only thing missing is the turnovers, and turnovers are heavily luck influenced.

I agree. Also, I can't back this up with any numbers or stats, but it seems like QBs are being extremely cautious when they throw against this Defense to avoid INTs. The times we have seen QBs make some careless passes, they are picks or near-picks (Cam Newton did this a couple times, Cassell had a couple close ones). But otherwise QBs seem like they aren't throwing the ball at the Defense unless a WR is really open (kind of like what Russell has been accused of doing too much).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":2us5pzui said:
Outside of four horrendous 4th quarters, Seattle's D has been championship caliber. The only thing missing is the turnovers, and turnovers are heavily Luck influenced.

Agree'd, its just too bad that Andrew is not on our schedule this year. Missing out on a bunch of potential interceptions.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":27uaxddg said:
Seahawk Sailor":27uaxddg said:

We've also played Rodgers and Dalton on the road.

Don't you think some of the other teams that the defense is compared to statistically have played some crap competition too?

Seems to me when it all comes out in the wash, those numbers are pretty legitimate, or as legit as they can be in week 8.

hawks85

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3bz2p3k0 said:
marko358":3bz2p3k0 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/661241602682175488[/tweet]

That's impressive no matter who you are playing against.
and now we have the next 10 days off with the next 3 games at home. bevell needs to go to offense coord school to learn to open up that friggin offense.