Seahawks looking for o-line help

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Per CBS Sports

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... -deadline/

It's great that they're acknowledging the line isn't better. But I highly doubt they'll give up any of their "young WR's" to get line help. They love Kearse too much. And I doubt they'll trade a high draft pick for line help just because it takes a lot of time to get out of town linemen to learn a completely new playbook in 2 weeks. I have a hunch they'll wait for the off-season to improve the line.

OP
OP
D

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
What happened to the text font? I kinda liked it better before.

netskier

Reaction score
I think they might trade Matthews because we don't pass to him enough to value him, and just use him for blocking. He caught the first four passes targeted this year, but that took three games. Not sure if he got any more targets. He should have trade value from staring in the Superbowl. What a huge, or perhaps tall, waste.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Seahawks have almost no cap room to add a veteran player. Mack has a base of $8M this year.

seabowl

Reaction score
1 offseason
1 training camp
1 preseason
7 games

Too late

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Is there a link to what cbs reported? The Bob Condotta article is more speculation than anything.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I could see it happening. Possibly moving prich too

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":15agiyaq said:
Recon_Hawk":15agiyaq said:
Is there a link to what cbs reported? The Bob Condotta article is more speculation than anything.

Whoops, posted the wrong link. Here's the CBS Sports article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... e-deadline

Thanks!

As to the article, who the heck do we have at receiver to trade that someone wants?

Prich isn't even going to have a chance to play before the trade deadline.

If they could get anything for Kearse I'm sure the Seahawks jump on that, but Kearse trade bait? Okkkkay.

After that it really only leaves Doug Baldwin which I would be surprised if Seattle traded him away.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Saw this on Twitter:

"@JasonLaCanfora: Seahawks working hard to try to upgrade offensive line before the deadline. Wiling to move WRs like Chris Matthews to do so"

Maybe if he's thrown in with a draft pick.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Mathews and Richardson have upside. Would love for it to be Kearse but I doubt it

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mathews and a pick or two or Kearse and a pick or two are possible though I doubt anyone is very hot on Kearse. IMO, P-Rich and Angry Doug ain't goin' anywhere.

I'd love for this to happen though, especially if by some miracle it brought us Joe Thomas. What's the chances we trade Okung and his expiring contract along with a WR and/or picks for Thomas. It would get Cleveland out of any obligation to pay the LT position next season. I know this is unlikely, but I'm just fantasizing a bit here so..........anyone else on board with my fantasy?

Would LOVE to see Mack here too.

hawk45

Reaction score
We don't play Matthews so a trade involving him would be something for nothing.
We need OL more than prich. Some actual blocking and we'd be just fine throwing to Graham and the pips.
We don't have anyone besides Lockett that is good enough to be untouchable.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Should've just signed Mathis. The information was the same during preseason when we had the chance.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
they wont trade p rich... did everyone forget how good it was last year before he got hurt.
he is our best route runner. has good hands, and is on a rookie contract....