If It Can Happen, The Climb To 50 Should Be Epic.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seahawks (3-4) are still in a position to win the NFC West with 2 games to play against the Cards (5-2). However, HFA is probably not an opportunity at this point.

Other NFC Front Runners are undefeated Packers and Panthers, and 1 loss Falcons.

ATL or CAR are prolly going to end up that 5th seed.

NFC East is a crap-shoot at this point, one of them is prolly the 4th seed.

If the Seahawks cant overcome the Cards, then Vikings is looking like the strongest team right now competing for the 6th seed. They get Chicago twice but the other 8 games look tough for them, all good teams with Playoff aspirations including a tumble against the 'Hawks that could be make a difference.

If the Seahawks can make it to Post-Season, and assuming Packers and Panthers are #1 and #2 asthey are now, thatll be fun, it took those teams 3 years to finally beat the Seahawks this season and they were hardly routs. Im betting the Seahawks would love to return the favor.

Getting Quinn's Falcons in the PO would also be a great story game/match up.

As would the Cardinals depending how the RS shakes out. Just straight up Epic Playoff Football in the forecast especially if the Seahawks can get hot and win the NFC West or just barely inch in as the 6th seed.

AFC pretty much looks like a 3 team race between the undefeated Patriots, Bengals, and Broncos. Jets are close but mediocre QBs are going to haunt them. No other team looks as scary as the big bosses, I guess Colts and Steelers could heat up for a run but Ill just assume that SB 50 will be one of those undefeated teams.

If the Seahawks can make it to Santa Clara, someway, somehow:

A Patriots matchup would be legendary two years in a row with some 2011 David vs Goliath vibe.

A Broncos matchup would be cool to see once more, two years later.

And

A Bengals matchup would be one of the bittersweet rematch games you know the Seahawks will be up and ready for the 2nd time around.

I dont know if the Seahawks can climb out thier early season shallow grave but if they can its going to take an extraoridinary run but if any team can Underdog in this league its the Seahawks. And whats even crazier is the whole 3-4 record is just a facade. They've been in every game they've lost, and lost in ways that werent more so a lack of talent but more coaching and scheme and fixable mistakes/errors and simply not finishing.

Its about that time where this team galvanizes. Its about that time to see Epic Seahawks football.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We're #6 in DVOA, having finished #1 the past two years. That's pretty remarkable considering we're 3-4 and there are so many teams with much better records. Denver is rated worse than us.

I run those numbers through the NFL Predictor and get us going 10-6 for the #6 seed. That's the current results as of this week. Beat Arizona and that will change both our DVOA and our projected finish dramatically.

Look at it this way, we beat Dallas and we're 4-4. This team can go 4-4 for half a season and 7-1 or even 8-0 for half, they've done that before and looked worse against weaker teams in the process. So this season is far from over.

themunn

Reaction score
Packers got back to back road games against Broncos and Panthers, and got to go to Arizona later this season too.

Panthers and Falcons got to play each other twice too.

HFA is a distant possibility, but not impossible if we can run the rest of the schedule.
Given our losses came in games against teams that are now a combined 21-3, and in all four we played dreadfully, I'm confident we can pull it together and win the rest of our games now.

Do that and I'm at the very least confident we can squeeze a first round bye... but even if we don't, we're good enough to win every game from her to 50.

I for one relish the challenge

Hawks46

Reaction score
I said it in another thread, but it's really going to come down to two things:

Sweeping the Cardinals
and winning the easy/winnable games.

Easy math here. There's 9 games left to go. If we hand two losses on the Cards, they have a tough schedule left against teams like GB and STL (@STL) where they only have to lose two to get to 10-6. If we end up at 10-6, we get the division based on H2H matchup.

Take the 2 wins vs. AZ (obviously hypothetical), and add Dallas, Cleveland, STL (we typically beat them at home comfortably), 49ers and @Ravens. That's 7 wins there, added to our 3 we have. 10-6. We could actually lose to the Steelers and Vikings. So easy, it's criminal.

byau

Reaction score
Realistically, of course it will be epic. The bigger the hole you are in, the more epic if you can get out of it

byau

Reaction score
Hawks46":1o381glz said:
I said it in another thread, but it's really going to come down to two things:

Sweeping the Cardinals
and winning the easy/winnable games.

Easy math here. There's 9 games left to go. If we hand two losses on the Cards, they have a tough schedule left against teams like GB and STL (@STL) where they only have to lose two to get to 10-6. If we end up at 10-6, we get the division based on H2H matchup.

Take the 2 wins vs. AZ (obviously hypothetical), and add Dallas, Cleveland, STL (we typically beat them at home comfortably), 49ers and @Ravens. That's 7 wins there, added to our 3 we have. 10-6. We could actually lose to the Steelers and Vikings. So easy, it's criminal.

Adding to this:

The likely things that will need to happen

1) lose at most one more game the rest of the season, i.e. pretty much winning out the rest of the season
2) that includes beat the Cardinals both games
3) that means at most probably the wildcard at home, so the division and conference will be on the road... the way Green Bay has been playing, I'm guessing the conference will be hosted at Lambeau. Getting to 50 might mean beating the Packers at Lambeau
4) Heck, to win 50 - the way the Patriots are rolling, beating them as well?
5) Realize 3) and 4) above could mean beating two unbeaten teams .

All these things individually are pretty amazing, doing all of them to get to 50? And winning 50? A super super tall order. Which is why if it does happen, yes very epic.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Starting 3-4 then going on to beat unbeaten Packers and unbeaten Patriots in our third straight Superb Owl would go a long way to cementing our legacy as a dynasty team Never been done before.

-bsd

byau

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2tjaqabi said:
Starting 3-4 then going on to beat unbeaten Packers and unbeaten Patriots in our third straight Superb Owl would go a long way to cementing our legacy as a dynasty team Never been done before.

-bsd

Especially if you can imagine if this hypothetical were true, the story line could be if it's Packers vs Seahawks for the NFC, you could almost be faced with either an undefeated Packers team against an undefeated Patriots team at SB 50 ... OR ... the Seahawks beating the Packers for the NFC .. again, but at Lambeau this time, and then facing the Patriots .... again.

I'm a big huge fan of Russell's and almost feel guilty violating his "1-0" rule so extremely... but dang, it's a long way until Sunday and there's no more talking to be had and I'm still at work waiting for some server reboots so there ya go...

QuahHawk

Reaction score
My predicted finish
1. GB 14-2
2. CAR 13-3
3. SEA 10-6
4. PHI/NYG 9-7
5. ATL 12-4
6. AZ 10-6

WC
3. SEA over 6. AZ
5. ATL over 4. PHI/NYG

DIVISION
3. SEA over 2. CAR
1. GB over 5. ATL

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
3. SEA over 1. GB

We end up playing 3 teams we already played. I think Seattle is the only team that could go into GB this year and knock then off.

northseahawk

Reaction score
The Cardinals have an insanely harsh schedule left.

I personally think the team we need to worry about for the division title are the Rams. They always had the defense, but now they have found their running game and offense too.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It can happen but we can't lose more than 2 games. That means at least 7 more wins to have a shot at play offs. 4 of the last 9 games look like swing games (AZ twice, Vikings and Steelers).

We could still make it but we could also go down in history as one of the best and most unfortunate 8-8 teams ever.