Fred Jackson Love

marko358

Reaction score
Is it just me or do any of you smile knowing that whenever Fred is in, he's someone we can rely on to make smart plays/ decisions and get us key yardage. He's not being used a ton but I never worry about him missing a block or dropping a key pass. A wonderfully, smart, and talented veteran addition to this team.

sutz

Reaction score
He's an aging vet. His 20/game days are probably behind him, but he's been a great addition so far.

Yes, love the smart decisions and solid running, not to mention decent blocking. Great all-around back.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
He's done some "crafty veteran" stuff that has been really helpful.

It's crazy how Turbin and Michael got dumped and Rawls made it and they brought in Jackson. People were noticeably fretting Michael being let go and I remember some people really being down on the Jackson signing. Between Rawls going off a bit and Jackson plugging right in, it's worked out great.

Additionally that game is coming up where Michael is supposedly going to "come back to haunt us" as was feared. I guess it's possible, it just doesn't seem very likely at this point.

hawk45

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2ipnizrh said:
He's done some "crafty veteran" stuff that has been really helpful.

It's crazy how Turbin and Michael got dumped and Rawls made it and they brought in Jackson. People were noticeably fretting Michael being let go and I remember some people really being down on the Jackson signing. Between Rawls going off a bit and Jackson plugging right in, it's worked out great.

Additionally that game is coming up where Michael is supposedly going to "come back to haunt us" as was feared. I guess it's possible, it just doesn't seem very likely at this point.

After worrying that they might see Turbin as the answer for a while, and then worrying that CMike would never be able to get on the field, it is crazy how neatly they were able to handle the RB situation this year. It's really an ideal situation. Fred Jackson is really well-suited to his role, Rawls is really well-suited to coming in and continuing to threaten opposing defenses with a different style/quickness when Lynch needs a rest, and Lynch in particular seems able to produce at a high level in games where he gets a lot of rest, so you can pick your spots to maul the defense with him.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I like him, but he is so painfully slow...the sprain must really be bothering him.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
He is super slow. I remember seeing that 3rd and long play last week where he caught the ball and thought to myself I can run faster than that. I'm being serious too lol

kearly

Reaction score
iigakusei":bf8xlnma said:
I like him, but he is so painfully slow...the sprain must really be bothering him.

Ditto. I would love to see Seattle bench him for the Dallas game to give 24 days off and see where the ankle is at in week 10.

Gametime

Reaction score
dopeboy206":82iql9rr said:
He is super slow. I remember seeing that 3rd and long play last week where he caught the ball and thought to myself I can run faster than that. I'm being serious too lol

Well..... at least we know he DRIVES fast.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I believe the fact that we have Freddy and Beeefmode mentoring Rawls is a fantastic thing. They both know the roles they play and can in game conditions teach the methods they use to the raw recruit. And the raw recruit is not doing too bad at all.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I like what I see from Jackson. Good hands, blocking and running. For what the Seahawks are asking him to do, he seems to fit in nicely. Hope he gets his shot at his first playoff game this year.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
All I know is that when he's in there, usually good things happen.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I believe it was him that had a great chip block last night on a rusher that bought RW enough time to get a completion.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
hes a good blocker. I like him. That is one of the issues with the pressure we have had. Lynch is a good blocker as well and having him out has hurt our protection.

Hawks46

Reaction score
sutz":jen5jzp8 said:
He's an aging vet. His 20/game days are probably behind him, but he's been a great addition so far.

Yes, love the smart decisions and solid running, not to mention decent blocking. Great all-around back.

This is why it was such a great pickup. There's not a lot of reps for our 3rd RB. Lynch, when healthy, gets the bulk of the carries. I'd actually like to see Rawls get about 10 a game if the run game is clicking. Jackson gets those key 3rd down receptions and is a pretty damn good pass blocker.

Polk738

Reaction score
Last night was probably the first game I've seen to where he made a HUGE difference, I remember several check down plays to him that saved drives and put up points. Week after week I kept asking myself where Fred Jackson was on the check down when Russ would just be getting destroyed.

Smellyman

Reaction score
A couple of those screens to another back seemed like they could go for 20+, but Fred managed 7 or so. Lineman blocking downfield were even too fast for him. He needs to be shut down for a bit.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":13egubrp said:
I believe the fact that we have Freddy and Beeefmode mentoring Rawls is a fantastic thing. They both know the roles they play and can in game conditions teach the methods they use to the raw recruit. And the raw recruit is not doing too bad at all.
Is there any evidence that Lynch mentors anyone? The dude kinda marches to the beat of his own drum and it wouldn't surprise me if he makes no effort to make Rawls or anyone else better except to just go out there and do his job.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":12tqvchd said:
Seahawkfan80":12tqvchd said:
Is there any evidence that Lynch mentors anyone? The dude kinda marches to the beat of his own drum and it wouldn't surprise me if he makes no effort to make Rawls or anyone else better except to just go out there and do his job.

Thomas Rawls had said that Marshawn has been helping him, I need to find that article but he gave credit to Marshawn. Not to mention the story of Marshawn Mentoring Marcus Peters.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":py2g9zml said:
Seahawkfan80":py2g9zml said:

Don't know if you'll accept this as "evidence," but clearly the Marshawn the public "knows" is a far cry from the Marshawn that his teammates know:
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... teammates/

Re: topic...LOVED the Fred Jax pickup and I hope that ankle gets right. His veteran leadership is exactly what this team needs and should be more evident as he becomes more comfortable in his new environment and gets to know his new teammates better. Obviously his physical skills are diminished at 34, but his grit, experience and (presumably) an appreciation for finally being on a potentially contending team should be invaluable for the stretch run.
A majority of the guys on this team have experienced success more than prolonged adversity in their young careers and Fred is an ideal guy to let them know not to take that for granted.

Latest posts